• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is why I said XY was a test bed, they likely tested it in XY, but left the megas in. Much lilenthe intriguing stone is for Mega Pidgeot. The way I see it, at this point theh more then likely know how much people tinker the games, and left them in as easter eggs. Call me crazy, but I honestly think that any hints to remakes ARE intentional, and we will likely be able to tell if DP is coming next gen with the 7th gen games.

Soaring was invented by Ohmori, and specifically for ORAS. It wasn't invented at the time of XY.

I doubt we will see Soaring outside of Hoenn, but we will see.

Oh I wasn't aware of that.

Well I guess we'll never know as to why Mega Latios and Mega Latias were coded into X&Y.

Oh I wasn't aware of that.

Well I guess we'll never know as to why Mega Latios and Mega Latias were coded into X&Y.
Well, the Latis could have been intended to be released in XY, just like new Megas, without Soaring. Masuda said in an interview that the Kanto Mega starters were intended to debut in ORAS, but Masuda liked them so much it was decided to release them earlier.

Last edited:
One thing that I REALLY hope they continue on to ALL other games is the ability to fly to specific routes. I can't tell u how useful that is. Sure Soaring is fun and very interesting and I'd like that to continue for sure, but regular flying to routes is a must for all future games.

One thing that I REALLY hope they continue on to ALL other games is the ability to fly to specific routes. I can't tell u how useful that is. Sure Soaring is fun and very interesting and I'd like that to continue for sure, but regular flying to routes is a must for all future games.

That's most likely gonna be the only ORAS feature to be kept. The rest are Hoenn exclusive I think (Soaring, DexNav, etc)

Last edited:
Hell no, DexNav is the most groundbreaking feature in the games since gen 3 introduced abilities, if they cut it cause its a "Hoenn Adventure Feature" or some bullshit I'm gonna riot.

All I am saying is Soaring and Dex Nav were created by ORAS director Shigeru Ohmori to tie in with Hoenn's themes of abundance and nature... So I doubt they will have them in other games but ORAS.

Right, that is what I mean. Not adapting it into a mainstay feature would be horrible, for the reason I stated. Its the best way to hunt for Pokemon.

The VS Seeker wasn't adapted... It was the best feature to rematch trainers and they cut it off. Instead, trainers haven't been available for rematches for 2 generations. We only got them now because ORAS are remakes...

The VS Seeker wasn't adapted... It was the best feature to rematch trainers and they cut it off. Instead, trainers haven't been available for rematches for 2 generations. We only got them now because ORAS are remakes...
There's this thing called the battle chateau and the lumiose city restaurants. Also, you need to walk hundred steps for the vs.seeker to recharge, and the trainers are not even guarrenteed to be rematch you or have updated teams.

Last edited:
The VS was nice, but HGSS and ORASN with the Pokegear and Match Call were far superior. I get your point though, but still. Trainer rematches have less of a priority compared to it. Look at it this way. So far, the two biggest features this gen are Super Training and the DexNav. Both have huge impacts on the metagame, as one allows you to train your Pokemon in a certain stat and imporve its EVs, while the other gives you the option to go afterna specific Pokemon, chaining it over and over till you start getting better IV spreads, special egg moves and eventually their hidden abilities. Both are the two sides ofnthe same coin, streamlining and allowing accesibility to the competitive scene, and even making it possible to improve the challenge ingame, as it allows you to create better options to tackle the in game trainers. Its an evolution of the Pokeradar, something they brought back in gen 6.

There's this thing called the battle chateau and the lumiose city restaurants. Also, you need to walk hundred steps for the vs.seeker to work, and the trainers are not even guarrenteed to be rematch you or have updated teams.
The thing called Battle Chateau is once a day, so... And the Lumiose Restaurants have the same freaking five Trainers.

@Mitchman We will see.

Anyway, the new ORAS Trainer Eye is better compared to VS Seeker, but the original Gen III Trainer Eye and Match Call was pretty bad. They bought took much longer to be rematch ready, than the VS Seeker and ORAS Trainer Eye... But the Johto Pokegear... How can you call that superior xD You had to keep calling and begging some random npcs for a rematch. It was much less efficient!

Anyway, the NPC rematch systems were cut from Unova and Kalos, that was my point.

Last edited:
The thing called Battle Chateau is once a day, so... And the Lumiose Restaurants have the same freaking five Trainers.
Yeah, but unlike the pokenavplus, the battles aren't generated completely by random, and we can fight multiple trainers in one spot. Also, level grinding became much easier this generation, so i don't think the vs.seeker was needed to level grind our mons.
Meta Boss said:
Anyway, the NPC rematch systems were cut from Unova and Kalos, that was my point.
"We can only fight the trainers once a day therefore npc rematches doesn't exist". Ok buddy lol.

Last edited:
Yeah, but unlike the pokenavplus, the battles aren't generated completely by random, and we can fight multiple trainers in one spot. Also, level grinding became much easier this generation, so i don't think the vs.seeker was needed to level grind our mons.

Are we omitting the fact in Lumiose you have to wait a certain amount of turns to defeat a trainer? And if you defeat him too fast you loose money?

I agree about grinding being easier this generation, regardless, but still, Game Freak loves holding features back, and we know it.

Are we omitting the fact in Lumiose you have to wait a certain amount of turns to defeat a trainer? And if you defeat him too fast you loose money?
And are we omitting the fact that you need to have five badges so that the trainer's eye work? Come on dude, the trainer's eye is really not that big of a good "rematch" system compared to the restaurants or the chateau

And are we omitting the fact that you need to have five badges so that the trainer's eye work? Come on dude, the trainer's eye is really not that big of a good "rematch" system compared to the restaurants.

1. You don't need rematches during the main run, cause there are new trainers to fight on each new route. After the 5h badge, Trainer Eye is top class.
2 With the VS Seeker, you could rematch Trainers before your 5th badge. So...
3 I disagree, but whatever.

1. You don't need rematches during the main run, cause there are new trainers to fight on each new route.
2 With the VS Seeker, you could rematch Trainers before your 5th badge.
3 I disagree, but whatever.
1. I was saying an advantage of the restaurant over the pokevaplus.
2.Again, I was talking about the pokenavplus.

1. I was saying an advantage of the restaurant over the pokevaplus.
2.Again, I was talking about the pokenavplus.

1. I was talking about the VS Seeker in my original comment. Not the Pokenav Plus.
2. How are the Restaurants efficient? You have to not only win, but knock out them in certain amount of turns. If not, you lose money... Trainer Eye and VS Seeker don't cost anything. And have a much bigger variety of trainers to rematch.

Anyway, if you like the Lumiose cheffs, ok.

1. I was talking about the VS Seeker in my original comment. Not the Pokenav Plus.
2. How are the Restaurants efficient? You have to not only win, but knock out them in certain amount of turns. If not, you lose money... Trainer Eye and VS Seeker don't cost anything. And have a much bigger variety of trainers to rematch.

Anyway, if you like the Lumiose cheffs, ok.
I'm trying to tell you that your precious vs seeker and trainer's eye also have their flaws. Yeah, you can loose money in the restaurants but unlike the vs.seeker and trainer's eye, we can fight in them at any time without any waiting(ie. taking steps).

It grinds my gears when people tend to look with rose tinded glasses through their favorites features and call any game that doesn't have them as "bad"....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom