• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to tell you that your precious vs seeker and trainer's eye also have their flaws. Yeah, you can loose money in the restaurants but unlike the vs.seeker and trainer's eye, we can fight in them at any time [/i] without any waiting(ie. taking steps).

It grinds my gears when people tend to look with rose tinded glasses through their favorites features and call any game that doesn't have them as "bad"....
My "precious" VS Seeker and Trainer Eye? Do we need to get sarcastic and bitchy here? And where did I say XY was bad for not having a VS Seeker or Trainer Eye... Don't put such words in my mouth. XD

Last edited:
My "precious" VS Seeker and Trainer Eye? Really? And where did I say XY was bad for not having a VS Seeker or Trainer Eye... Don't put such words in my mouth. XD
Ok, i wasn't trying to insult you in any way, i'm just saying that trainer rematches like through the vs seeker or trainer's eye aren't needed in every game and game freak have their reasons to cut them like the exp.change in gen 5 and the updated exp. share in gen6.

Ok, i wasn't trying to insult you in any way, i'm just saying that trainer rematches like the vs seeker or trainer's eye aren't needed in every game and game freak have their reasons to cut them like the exp.change in gen 5 and the updated exp. share in gen6.

But I never said a VS/ Trainer Eye were necessary. I only said they are cool features that were left out of some newer games. Just like DexNav and Soaring might be left out. That's all I said LOL

Last edited:
But I never said a VS ot Trainer Eye were necessary. I only said they are cool features that were left out of some newer games. Just like DexNav and Soaring might be left out. That's all I said LOL
Your original comment:
Meta Boss said:
The VS Seeker wasn't adapted... It was the best feature to rematch trainers and they cut it off. Instead, trainers haven't been available for rematches for 2 generations. We only got them now because ORAS are remakes...
And from that post on, i was trying to tell you the downsides of the vs.seeker(and the pokenavplus) and the plus sides about the restaurant/chateau. And dude, just because we can only fight them once a day doesn't mean that they're unreliable. I'm sorry if i sounded arrogant, i wasn't trying to, but i was just trying to say that the vs.seeker and trainer's eye had their flaws as well.

Last edited:
Your original comment:

And from that post on, i was trying to tell you the downsides of the vs.seeker(and the pokenavplus) and the plus sides about the restaurant/chateau. And dude, just because we can only fight them once a day doesn't mean that they're unreliable. I'm sorry if i sounded arrogant, i wasn't trying to, but i was just trying to say that the vs.seeker and trainer's eye had their flaws as well.

I never said the Trainer Eye and VS Seeker were flawless, you though I said that. I am aware that bought have pros and cons. I just think both at better than Restaurants or Battle Chateau.

Last edited:
I honestly think that if there was to be a Pokemon Z, that window of opportunity closed. Unless they put another delacore islands/orange islands or battle frontier like post-league arcs, I don't think they can drag the anime's story out for another 2 years for another generation to be released.

I honestly think that if there was to be a Pokemon Z, that window of opportunity closed. Unless they put another delacore islands/orange islands or battle frontier like post-league arcs, I don't think they can drag the anime's story out for another 2 years for another generation to be released.

Considering that they've done exactly that for 3 out of the 5 previous generations, that possibility is far from out of the question.

It's kind of almost antagonizing. The different forms of Zygarde are all over the place, but there is no in-game counterpart of it. At first I thought it was going to be low-key marketing for a third verison/sequels, but Ash seemingly NOT having a Pokemon Mega Evolve yet in the anime kind of almost confirms to me that Game Freak and Nintendo are looking ahead to a new generation where ME may not take a large of a role. I suppose Greninja taking on traits of Ash's appearance is Ash's equivalent to ME, but its kind of lame in my own personal opinion.

So much potential but yet I think the story for Generation 6 has peaked.

It's kind of almost antagonizing. The different forms of Zygarde are all over the place, but there is no in-game counterpart of it. At first I thought it was going to be low-key marketing for a third verison/sequels, but Ash seemingly NOT having a Pokemon Mega Evolve yet in the anime kind of almost confirms to me that Game Freak and Nintendo are looking ahead to a new generation where ME may not take a large of a role. I suppose Greninja taking on traits of Ash's appearance is Ash's equivalent to ME, but its kind of lame in my own personal opinion.

So much potential but yet I think the story for Generation 6 has peaked.

I think you should be more patient, which may seem impossible at this point, because GF/Nintendo know what they are doing. They wouldn't promote the crap out of Ash's greninja, Zygarde, and now, volcanion for nothing. I think this generation was testing mega evolution as a whole concept. Since it was a success I think they are now branching out for different variations like primal reversion and whatever the hell greninja is doing. Next generation will have even more different types of ME IMHO.

I think you should be more patient, which may seem impossible at this point, because GF/Nintendo know what they are doing. They wouldn't promote the crap out of Ash's greninja, Zygarde, and now, volcanion for nothing. I think this generation was testing mega evolution as a whole concept. Since it was a success I think they are now branching out for different variations like primal reversion and whatever the hell greninja is doing. Next generation will have even more different types of ME IMHO.

Do you think that the games will branch out to something similar to whatever Ash-Greninja is and have Pokemon 'evolve' to take the traits of their trainer, or will that remain an anime-only feature?

Honestly, if Generation 7 came in 2017, it wouldn't be that bad. 7th gen in a year ending in 7 lol

I cant tell what I think is happening anymore. I think there's still potential for another Kalos game, and it seems a tad early for Gen VII but I think if Gen VII happened next year, it wouldnt be bad, at the moment Im still leaning towards another Kalos game due to the Zygarde formes and things like that.

I can see this thing with Greninja being a step towards Mega Evolution but without requiring Key Stones and Mega Stones. Think how many megas there are already, that's already around 40 stones, and with more to be added each game this figure would get ridiculously high, so I think they are exploring ways of reaching Mega Evolution but without the stones. (Maybe the stat boost wont be so big to compensate for allowing it to hold an item?

Uh, no.

It's been 13 months since ORAS. And it's been about 26 months since XY, the last Kalos game.

There was a gap of 20 months between the release of DP and the reveal (not the release but the reveal) of Platinum. Also there was an 18 month gap between Black and White and Black2/White2

Each generation has a 1 year gap during which they are largely working on the bulk of the next generation (story ideas, design ideas etc). So they are likely working on Gen 7 as we speak, but will still release Z sometime in the new year. People act as though GF can't be doing 2 things at once.

Okay, first of all. It's already been confirmed that Ash-Greninja is anime-exclusive.

And as for a new main series game, let's take a look at the episode numbers, shall we? Diamond & Pearl series had Ash win his 8th Gym Badge at Episode 179, while Ash won his 7th Gym Badge at Episode 127! Now just imagine how long that took, in those days... the time between gym battles was extremely long, but on the upside... it didn't have a filler arc, hence as to why it ended at around Episode 191. Compared to Advanced Generation which ended at Episode 192 (which had a huge filler arc with the return to Kanto).

For Ash's next gym battle in the anime in the XY&Z series, judging by things... it looks as if it will happen at around episode 118-120, and don't forget... Ash will have to meet Wulfric at Pokémon Village, just like what happens in the games. So when the XY series ending... is actually going to show that it's going to be longer than Best Wishes series and shorter than Advanced Generation or even Diamond & Pearl series. Which means... we're gonna be seeing the XY series last until around Episode 165-170 (which makes room for two more seasons in the dub, including 19 and 20), if Game Freak is going to go with releasing two main series games in 2016. But if they release only a "Pokémon Z", then we're gonna be waiting for another sixth generation game in 2017 (more than likely to be another remake), which will mean the XY anime will make a huge filler arc and become the longest spanning series ever made (if we don't count the original series). Which will then mean that the seventh generation won't come until 2018.

Currently right now, we've entered the Team Flare arc in the Japanese version, if this arc doesn't take very long, then I'm sure we'll see Ash battling Wulfric by Episode 118-120, but if it takes as long as the Episode N did in Best Wishes, then we'll be seeing Ash battling Wulfric by around Episode 140-145, then followed by the league around at Episode 160-165.

Oh, and remember... the movies can and will introduce new Pokémon, without any mention of a new generation being made this year. Look, this happened with Movie 7 when Bonsly and Munchlax was introduced. It also happened with Movie 8 with Lucario and Mime Jr., and still no mention of a fourth generation. It wasn't until when Manaphy, Chatot and some other Pokémon were introduced in Movie 9 was when Pokémon Diamond Version and Pokémon Pearl Version were announced in Japan on a press release from Nintendo. And lemme tell you, that was the most dragged out generation ever, due to so many new Pokémon being announced without any mention of a new generation.

Yes, the same thing could happen with Generation VII. Like for instance, introduce a new Pokémon that will star in the 19th movie, but no mention of a seventh generation at all, and just be promoting those new Pokémon in spin-off titles like Pokémon Shuffle or even Pokémon Picross.

I cant tell what I think is happening anymore. I think there's still potential for another Kalos game, and it seems a tad early for Gen VII but I think if Gen VII happened next year, it wouldnt be bad, at the moment Im still leaning towards another Kalos game due to the Zygarde formes and things like that.

Well, I personally think this year will have the final Kalos game. Then we'll get Gen. 7 in 2017.

What I'm betting on right now is the Legendary Birds in the Volcanion movie. Mew got the Lucario movie as FR/LG promotion, Mewtwo got the Genesect movie as Megatwo Y promotion, and the birds will probably be featured as the RGBY re-release promotion. Plus, Lugia was just in the Hoopa movie, which will definitely make older fans remember the birds.

But I honestly wish they'd saved the "legends from all regions fight each other and Arceus quells them" side plot for the very last movie ever. It would've been so much better.

There was a gap of 20 months between the release of DP and the reveal (not the release but the reveal) of Platinum. Also there was an 18 month gap between Black and White and Black2/White2

Each generation has a 1 year gap during which they are largely working on the bulk of the next generation (story ideas, design ideas etc). So they are likely working on Gen 7 as we speak, but will still release Z sometime in the new year. People act as though GF can't be doing 2 things at once.

I never disagreed with that. But their comment on how it's only been "3" months was wrong, and I was correcting it.

I think the 3 month comment likely was on the months we have had all these new formes running about. Okay, we're 13 months out from ORAS sure, and its a tiny gap I agree, but with all that as been going on, we should be in the second month of game coverage by now. Its really odd hownits being handled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom