• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
should Torterra learn Spiky Shield?
(becuse of the tree on its back, wood, posible spikes)
should future starters learn it?
why did the Ferroseed line not get it?

Torterra has actual spikes in the form of mountains and your reasoning for it getting spiky shield would be a harmless tree on its back? lol

Like I said, I can deal with not knowing the answers, but I can understand why many people want to know.

On a side note: If there is a Z, I think GF missed an opportunity with basing Kalos on France. They should have used Brazil instead.

Oh, wow. I never knew about that, that's awesome.

Why would the inclusion of a 3rd version suggest GF missed an opportunity by using France instead of Brazil? I don't see the relevance of Brazil to a 3rd instalment?
I don't see it either, maybe he means the 'z' in BraZil? Lol, if so, why?

Click on the link in the highlighted Brazil, they're referring to the Lost City of Z, located in Brazil.

Oh cool, well, while that would have been fitting for some of the lore, at this point, I think it's too late lol. But in future if Brazil is ever used as a region, they could have it have some connection to Zygarde/Kalos with that in it's post game? The possibilities are endless, at this moment in time, they could easily squeeze another 5/6 gens out of Pokémon, if it ever ends.

I do think he made some good points towards Volcanion being a man-made Pokémon, but his major flaw was this: Porygon has been confirmed to pre-date both Genesect and Mewtwo as the FIRST intentionally man-made Pokémon. I say intentionally, since Trubbish is quite obviously man-made.
What about Golett? We all know that Golett and Golurk were man-made creations and they've been around for a few thousand years at least. I know, I know: minor quibble. Carry on. ;)

Me personally, I'm really hoping that we get one last go in Kalos: it feels so blasted unfinished to me. I just want the story line tidied up a bit and a few more Megas--*cough, cough* Mega Golurk--and I'll be happy.

Oh and as for the idea of Mew getting a Mega in whatever upcoming game? I say, slag yeah! But only if said Mega Mew looks like the truck parked near the SS Anne. :p

What about Golett? We all know that Golett and Golurk were man-made creations and they've been around for a few thousand years at least. I know, I know: minor quibble. Carry on. ;)

Me personally, I'm really hoping that we get one last go in Kalos: it feels so blasted unfinished to me. I just want the story line tidied up a bit and a few more Megas--*cough, cough* Mega Golurk--and I'll be happy.

Oh and as for the idea of Mew getting a Mega in whatever upcoming game? I say, slag yeah! But only if said Mega Mew looks like the truck parked near the SS Anne. :p

Golett:
White Version: These Pokémon are thought to have been created by the science of an ancient and mysterious civilization.

Golurk:
White Version: It is said that Golurk were ordered to protect people and Pokémon by the ancient people who made them.

It's only speculated that they were created. It's not been confirmed. But even then, it's said they were built by an ancient civilization, not by ancient humans. They could've been made by a tribe of super-smart Alakazam.

I would love a Mega Mew that actually looks more like regular Mewtwo, reinforcing their link and referencing Megatwo Y looking more like Mew than itself.

I actually have a theory that Mega Mewtwo XY is actually a distortion of Mega Mew XY. Its shared genes allow it to use the mega stones despite being a man made Pokemon. Otherwise that shit don't make sense. So yeah, Mega Mew X andY will be similar to Mewtwos megas. Maybe not the typing, but the stat spreads and differece of one being physical and the other special.

Last edited:
Or Mewtwo is artificially created , but reacts to the naturally existing mega stones. Perhaps the reason mewtwo reacts to certain mega stones is because of the fact that mewtwo is artificial.

should Torterra learn Spiky Shield?
(becuse of the tree on its back, wood, posible spikes)
should future starters learn it?
why did the Ferroseed line not get it?

Spiky Shield was intended to be Chestnaught's signature move, and they tend not to distribute starter signatures until the generation after their debut. You'll probably see a lot of Pokemon like Torterra and Ferrothorn get it in 7th gen.

I actually have a theory that Mega Mewtwo XY is actually a distortion of Mega Mew XY. Its shared genes allow it to use the mega stones despite being a man made Pokemon. Otherwise that shit don't make sense. So yeah, Mega Mew X andY will be similar to Mewtwos megas. Maybe not the typing, but the stat spreads and difference of one being physical and the other special.

Yeah, I think this is the most likely thing.

My theory: Each kind of Mega Stone reacts to a specific DNA signature, which all members of a Pokémon species share. Mewtwo's Mega Stones were originally Mega Stones with no known compatible Pokémon, but the closest thing was Mew, since it had the genetic structure of ALL of them. Twist Mew's genes around a bit, you get Mewtwo who coincidentally was a perfect match for Mewtwonite X and Mewtwonite Y.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was specifically created FOR the Mega Stones, which would tie into its creator Mr. Fuji having Charizard's stones in Pokémon Origins.

OR some Mega Stones were just artificially created for Mewtwo.

I doubt it. Nothing suggests that Mega Evolution can be artificially recreated, so why would its components be?

Or Mewtwo is artificially created , but reacts to the naturally existing mega stones. Perhaps the reason mewtwo reacts to certain mega stones is because of the fact that mewtwo is artificial.

That could also be true.

My theory: Each kind of Mega Stone reacts to a specific DNA signature, which all members of a Pokémon species share. Mewtwo's Mega Stones were originally Mega Stones with no known compatible Pokémon, but the closest thing was Mew, since it had the genetic structure of ALL of them. Twist Mew's genes around a bit, you get Mewtwo who coincidentally was a perfect match for Mewtwonite X and Mewtwonite Y.

Hmmm, but that makes me think then that mew should be compatable with all mega stones. Unless there's a specific mutation that exists in mega compatable pokemon that came after mew.

Hmmm, but that makes me think then that mew should be compatable with all mega stones. Unless there's a specific mutation that exists in mega compatable pokemon that came after mew.

Essentially I guess it could use Transform to copy Megas much like Ditto. But I doubt it would be able to use each individual Mega stone.
If it does get a Mega, I pray they don't go overboard with the design, that sh*t is sacred, ancestral.

Essentially I guess it could use Transform to copy Megas much like Ditto. But I doubt it would be able to use each individual Mega stone.
If it does get a Mega, I pray they don't go overboard with the design, that sh*t is sacred, ancestral.
I flat out have no idea how you could design a mew mega. It's whole concept revolves around the simplicity and specific shape of its design.

I flat out have no idea how you could design a mew mega. It's whole concept revolves around the simplicity and specific shape of its design.

Maybe they could do a something like Squishy with it? Sounds weird and not adding anything to it, but, start off as a sort of "tiny Mew" for example (not that name lol, but you get it), it could then yield the potential for a higher form above Mew, still simple in design, but more majestic, and fitting to it's concept still.

Simple, the extra genetics from Pokémon incapable of Mega Evolving prevent Mew and Mewtwo from being compatible with other stones. For example, if an Aerodactylite was given to a Mew, its Eevee genetics would prevent it from reacting. Or a Metagrossite wouldn't work because of Mew's Litwick DNA. And so on and so forth.

I kinda really want a Mega Mew that looks like Mewtwo, much like Megatwo Y is closer to Mew. Nothing too insane, probably some purple patches like Mewtwo, a slightly longer body and maybe some horns.

Simple, the extra genetics from Pokémon incapable of Mega Evolving prevent Mew and Mewtwo from being compatible with other stones. For example, if an Aerodactylite was given to a Mew, its Eevee genetics would prevent it from reacting. Or a Metagrossite wouldn't work because of Mew's Litwick DNA. And so on and so forth.

I kinda really want a Mega Mew that looks like Mewtwo, much like Megatwo Y is closer to Mew. Nothing too insane, probably some purple patches like Mewtwo, a slightly longer body and maybe some horns.
So like this? http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131129215449/fusionfallfanonsite/images/b/ba/Mega_mew.jpg

If I recall this is what people thought Mewtwo's other mega would look like based on the description from WPM.
It looks really good imo.

Which of course means GameFreak's version will never look like that.

I doubt it. Nothing suggests that Mega Evolution can be artificially recreated, so why would its components be?
Eh, if Pokemon can be artificially created, I don't see why Mega Evolution couldn't be recreated. Or more specifically, Mega Stones tampered with. Seemingly impossible things are possible in the Pokemon universe, so I don't see why this should be an exception.

It would also explain why Mewtwo and Charizard are the only two Pokemon with two Mega Evolutions.

Coincidentally, Fuji, who created Mewtwo, also gave Red Charizardite X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom