• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review Special: Uncover All Mysteries! The Pocket Monsters XY&Z Complete Overview Special!!

Oh. My God.
I went and bloody well missed it!!!!!!

Sigh :-(

It's on the official TV Tokyo youtube channel, is it allowed to post it here?

They were re-airing Mega Evolution Special IV, the first episode of Pokémon XY & Z, Mega Evolution Special III (I believe), and the latest episode of Pokémon XY & Z. I watched it.

It's the official channel, so yeah

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmqWVz813KA

but not the full two hours it was on. (of course, because they don't want the episodes to be copied off that video and illegally distributed)

Last edited:
^No, because two hours includes commercials - first hour the two repeat episodes. second hour the retrospective/preview.

Anyway, that was great - Serena battles Miette, Sylveon confirmed for Serena, Palermo seems unhappy with Serena (or possibly gives her a harsh talking-to about what's needed to be Kalos Queen), Giovanni returns, Team Rocket vs. Team Flare (go Wobbuffet!), 50% Zygarde, Ash vs. Alian

Those scenes of Blue Core being beat up and Alain helping capture it upset me.

Oh and Serena's Eevee evolves into Sylveon! OMG How unexpected and surprising!!!!- said no one, ever.

Last edited:
Anyway, that was great - Serena battles Miette, Sylveon confirmed for Serena, Palermo seems unhappy with Serena (or possibly gives her a harsh talking-to about what's needed to be Kalos Queen), Giovanni returns, Team Rocket vs. Team Flare (go Wobbuffet!), 50% Zygarde, Ash vs. Alian

Wait, all of that was shown in this???

So Team Rocket is actually going to be very competent fighting Team Flare, and that block for Blue Core is just perfect, It make me feel like Team Rocket is finally back! (Their Soul that is)

And Ash vs Alan is just going to be one word. Ouch. Although its not clear if the Blast Burn hit or not, but I still feels that way.

And finally, Eevee's evolution is the best EVER. Those ribbons appearing first, holding Serena's hand. I am like OMG. This is BEST. I just realized how this little detail of light of evolution really touches me. <3 Eevee <3 Sylveon

It seems that this preview just covers four episodes from late January and February. Maybe the episode where Alain gets Z-2 captured (I don't see the build-up resulting in another loss for Team Flare) is from early March, kickstarting the climax.

Last edited:
Somehow, I felt like Team Flare's being whacked up from TRio on the trailer was kinda a little bit unfair to me.

I watched the whole 45 minutes they'd posted because I have no life and I just found it so funny how they spent 90% of the show recapping essentially just ME special IV, XYZ1 and last week's episode, the first two having just been aired and last week's being... well, last week :p

Anyway, the hype is real. Highlights include Sonansu being awesome, Alan entering TRvsTF and that blast burn moment - cannot wait to see how Satoshi escapes that!

It seems that this preview just covers four episodes from late January and February. Maybe the episode where Alain gets Z-2 captured (I don't see the build-up resulting in another loss for Team Flare) is from early March, kickstarting the climax.

I hope you warmed up before that massive stretch!!! You seem to forget Team Flare is after more than just Zygarde, which they still will only have half of. They also have something to do with the Sundial and also that giant stone from the mega evolution specials, not to mention AZ could still make an appearance if not in the movie. Also there will be some time between Z2 being captured, and Z2 fighting alongside Team Flare as suggested in the opening.

Nothing in that preview suggested they are getting ready to wind down! If anything they are building it up!!!

Ash is gonna fight Alain. I just do not like Alain, so I wanna see Ash beat him even more. Greninja kick his ass!

Those scenes of Blue Core being beat up and Alain helping capture it upset me.

I know, I never liked Alain, (or Mairin for that matter) but he came across as a total bully. How could he justify attacking Zygarde like that. No way can he think he is acting for good.

So Team Rocket is actually going to be very competent fighting Team Flare, and that block for Blue Core is just perfect, It make me feel like Team Rocket is finally back! (Their Soul that is)

And Ash vs Alan is just going to be one word. Ouch. Although its not clear if the Blast Burn hit or not, but I still feels that way.

And finally, Eevee's evolution is the best EVER. Those ribbons appearing first, holding Serena's hand. I am like OMG. This is BEST. I just realized how this little detail of light of evolution really touches me. <3 Eevee <3 Sylveon

Yeah nice to see TRio playing a big part again, and on the side of good, I loved that about them in the 2nd movie and also the episodes involving butch/cassidy where TRio were often good.

Somehow, I felt like Team Flare's being whacked up from TRio on the trailer was kinda a little bit unfair to me.

What do you mean it felt unfair?

I hope you warmed up before that massive stretch!!! You seem to forget Team Flare is after more than just Zygarde, which they still will only have half of. They also have something to do with the Sundial and also that giant stone from the mega evolution specials,
They already have the stone from Hoenn, and the climax will probably take place in Anistar as implied by the series poster. I doubt that Complete Forme's March debut won't be related to these elements falling into place.

Also there will be some time between Z2 being captured, and Z2 fighting alongside Team Flare as suggested in the opening.
What are you even talking about? The opening only shows Z2 already fighting on Team Flare's side, with Squishy reacting by gradually transforming into Complete Forme (which implies a fusion). What part about that implies a gap?

I'd appreciate it if you put more thought into your arguments before accussing others of jumping to conclusions.

They already have the stone from Hoenn, and the climax will probably take place in Anistar as implied by the series poster. I doubt that Complete Forme's March debut won't be related to these elements falling into place.

What are you even talking about? The opening only shows Z2 already fighting on Team Flare's side, with Squishy reacting by gradually transforming into Complete Forme (which implies a fusion). What part about that implies a gap?

I'd appreciate it if you put more thought into your arguments before accussing others of jumping to conclusions.

May I suggest you take a look at the opening again. Z2 is clearly shown fighting alongside Team Flare. However Z2 in the preview is clearly shown as hostile towards Team Flare. I suggest there is more than a 1 episode gap between the two, or has Z2 done a complete 180 and turned on its other half in the space of 20 minutes, which I find very doubtful.

Gillian (much as I am inclined to agree with your argument that the Flare plot is going to extend), I wouldn't set much store by what the opening theme shows as these have trolled fans multiple times in the past.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom