• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music Chances of us getting old music tracks back for the anniversary?

TrainerKurisu

Reaction score
One thing I dislike is the fact they got rid of all the bgm after DP ended. Now the music is really just bland. Really hoping for some tracks to return for the anniversary. Would just be nice to hear some of the good tracks for the league once that happens

I'd love this, but would not get my hopes up. (As usual) I suspect we're all getting ramped up for an anniversary that will probably marked by one sub-par special (at best) and a bunch of pointless merch being released.

I'd love this, but would not get my hopes up. (As usual) I suspect we're all getting ramped up for an anniversary that will probably marked by one sub-par special (at best) and a bunch of pointless merch being released.

I like the merch myself. It is just the music since the end of DP has been so dull. Have no idea why they retired it anyway.

One thing I dislike is the fact they got rid of all the bgm after DP ended. Now the music is really just bland.

If you're talking about the original version, I think it mainly comes down to the quality of the game soundtrack being remixed. I think the X and Y games had a bland soundtrack (only about six or so tracks really stuck out to me), which is why I welcome them being replaced in the dub.

It is just the music since the end of DP has been so dull. Have no idea why they retired it anyway.
I've liked a couple of the XY tracks and I am fond of some of the cool remixes of Gen 1 music we've had this series... But nothing beats the original pieces 'eh? :)

I really want it to happen, but I doubt the pre-BW music will ever come back at this point. At least we'll hear remixes of some old tunes once they start using the Hoopa movie OST in the show.

If you're talking about the original version, I think it mainly comes down to the quality of the game soundtrack being remixed. I think the X and Y games had a bland soundtrack (only about six or so tracks really stuck out to me), which is why I welcome them being replaced in the dub.

Yeah people say the dub since XY has been changing the music and at first I thought they were replacing the old stuff but seems Japan's music is not that much better. Which is sad since I remember the old stuff pumping me up when I was younger.

Yeah people say the dub since XY has been changing the music and at first I thought they were replacing the old stuff but seems Japan's music is not that much better. Which is sad since I remember the old stuff pumping me up when I was younger.

I agree. I did enjoy the BW soundtracks, though, but I'm with you about the XY soundtrack. And for the record, you'll find next to no love from anyone other than me for dub music around these parts, let alone for the dub in general.

There could be a technical reason behind it-As I recall, with the dub, within the last few years they switched from 2.0 to 5.1 (at least for the broadcast version on CN) for the show-not sure if the Japanese version made a similar transition at some point-it's possible the old recordings wouldn't work properly in 5.1 without a full remastering. Pure conjecture, but I wanted to throw it out there.

I agree. I did enjoy the BW soundtracks, though, but I'm with you about the XY soundtrack. And for the record, you'll find next to no love from anyone other than me for dub music around these parts, let alone for the dub in general.
Yeah I like dub myself over sub for anime. And have found the current dub got a lot better mid DP. :)

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom