• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, is there really any serious rumors about there being no main series game this year?

I am thinking about it and I think that having lots of side games and Anniversary things, and a main series release to top it all is the best marketing strategy.

This really smells like a generation wrap up in 2016 and a new generation in 2017...
They're not going to go through 2016 without releasing a main game. All eyes are on Pokémon more than any franchise now. Especially with TPC is paying 5mill so the franchise can have a Super Bowl commercial for the first time ever, interviewing celebrities about their history with Pokémon among other things like totting XYZ as the next big thing something they rarely do for the overseas audience. Something is coming whether it'd be next month or at E3.

I am sure that we will see Zygarde's formes in the games at some point (I mean, they have already been integrated into Picross and the like); it is just a matter of whether they will be added in Gen VI or Gen VII.

I doubt they have a storyline for Zygarde if the pokemon is in gen 7. It would be just a random legendary in gen 7 region because the mascot of gen 7 would focus on gen 7 legendary. Also there is no way Zygarde would have a post-game story either because if it had a story, then it would have been in Z of gen 6 and not in gen 7. I think gen 7 would be in 2017.

Guys, is there really any serious rumors about there being no main series game this year?

Those are just rumors. They are not going to leave in the current state that it is in gen 6. Rayquaza, Giratina and Kyurem had games to focus on them since all of them weren't well known in Ruby/Sapphire (Rayquaza), Diamond/Pearl (Giratina) or Black/White (Kyurem). People are starting rumors because they wanted an announcement much earlier but didn't get it.

Guys, the info we just got, is all from the Pokemon.com website, right? And totally unrelated to the Coro Coro leak we expect?
So we can get something else that's cool right?

I am just not hyped, and want to get excited!

(I just noticed that that Pikachu head is comprised of all the starters. Cute.)

Pokemon Ad to Air During Super Bowl 50

"encourage fans to Train On,", eh. With all that $$$, I'd certainly hope it accomplishes something...

I could see the Pokemon Go release date being part of that ad, considering the broad potential audience and colossal general reception.

EDIT: Also, MANAPHY HYPE.

I sincerely hope they don't announce Z in the Super Bowl because I don't want main series games to be announcement during a sports match. I want the announcement to come the normal way.

According to the various websites, this Super Bowl ad is not going to advertise a new game, but to encourage players to "Train on"!

This sounds very Pokemon Go to me.

And I doubt they would make a main series game announcement there. And let's hope the main game is announced earlier, although my current bet is April for the reveal.

Last edited:
I am now a firm believer Pokemon Z/main series game isn't going to happen. I'm less excited for Go and Pokken.

Evidence says differently. They are not going to skip to gen 7 and leave Zygarde with nothing in main series games.

Did you not see the Anime logo? XYZ

The Z has been in the anime logo for quite a while now, though. Several people including myself think of it as a sign that the obvious "Z" follow-up is, conceptually, being handled less-obviously elsewhere to pass the time.

The Z has been in the anime logo for quite a while now, though. Several people including myself think of it as a sign that the obvious "Z" follow-up is, conceptually, being handled elsewhere to pass the time.
But have you seen the size of that thing?. The "Z" is three times bigger than the XY part of the logo.

But have you seen the size of that thing?. The "Z" is three times bigger than the XY part of the logo.

Yes, it is. So it seems as though Zygarde is going to play a rather large role in the anime arc.

Evidence of Z:
  • Zygarde is the Rayquaza, Giratina and Kyurem of the Kalos region.
  • Zygarde gains new forms just like Giratina and Kyurem did.
  • The anime series goes by XY&Z.
  • The japanese title of the new movie is called Pokémon the Movie XY & Z 2016
  • Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves currently unusable in gen 6. Similar to Ice Burn and Freeze Shock before B2W2 came out.
Those of just some of the evidence of Z game. I see more evidence of it than gen 7 happening in my opinion.

Why bother? It's already getting a whole anime arc.

The only one that is anime exclusive is Ash-Greninja. There is no reason for Zygarde to be the same. It would outrage a lot of fans if Zygarde's forms were anime exclusive. As I pointed out early, there is evidence to support Pokemon Z.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom