• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Fruit Bowl Mafia - Endgame: That's the Last Strawberry! (Vegetable Victory) 29/01/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're referring to this:

*Two teams exist. The fruit (town) and the vegetables (mafia).

The key word is team. There is nothing in the mechanics saying that self-aligned players don't exist.

Hello all! Here are some scattered observations that I observed:

I'm noticing some odd playstyles this time around. Elie seems to be jumping on leetic for a very minor reason, and just seems more accusatory in general. Like right here:

Also, why on earth are people defending leetic? Explanations would be lovely, otherwise it looks like we have some scumbuddies trying to defend a scumbuddy over here.

Whoa whoa, that is a strong statement to make so early in the game, especially with the "scumbuddies" accusation. I really doubt that scum would show their hand so easily. From my perspective, leetic's post about the strategy not working just comes off as slightly frustrated to me, don't really get a read either way from that.

Elie's role claim strikes me as a bit easy to fake, and it's weird to come out and claim right now when stating not so long ago that they had no reason to claim. This playstyle just seems... off to me. I'm holding off on claiming for now.

I'm also puzzled by these indep claims. One I could buy maybe, but two? That seems excessive (not that I would know anything about excessive indeps in a game lol). Both Zexy and Pikochu concern me right now for this reason. What would an indep in this game even be? A piece of meat? objectification isn't cool

If possible, I'd like the indeps to explain their roles before I decide on anything. I've got my FOS on them as well as Elie, but nothing strong enough to warrant a vote yet.

Pinball, are you implying that you may be trying to counterclaim Elie? Either way, the early bulletproof claims is very suspicious. Like I said, Elie might try to set up an excuse is to why he isn't NKed early in the game. Scum most likely knows that it would be in their best interest to NK Elie ASAP given his meta. Hence, it's kinda odd for Elie to claim bulletproof early. I mind, if Elie was bulletproof, Elie should have kept it to himself so scum doesn't get a Night 1 kill.

As for my indie claim, without breaking the rules in the game, the only team factions in the game are fruits and veggies.

*information overloads*

Is there still plenty of time left? I think I might want to wait and see.

Okay what's up with all these independent claims? Two teams exist. You're either a townie fruit, or a mafia vegetable. It says so in the OP. I refuse to believe that there's two independents in a 14p game.
*Claims indep*

SIKE

LOL DID I GET U M8?

In all seriousness I still dont have any reads. Elie is playing how he always plays I guess. Can't imagine Zexy being Mafia since from what i've seen they act way different if they're Mafia.

Elieson's Bulletproof claim is likely fake, judging by how he played Christmas Mafia.

To all the people who doubt my claim; I’ve never faked indep, I’ve never got indep before. Using meta doesn’t work because I’ve never played indep before. Disney Infinity doesn’t exactly count, everyone was indep there lol

ARGH Elie claimed publicly and used bigger letters than me :(

I refuse to exactly claim to him, because I’m not town :p

I see no problem with Pikochu also being indep, Christmas had 2 indeps in 15 people, I’ve seen games with 1 indep in 13 people. What’s so wrong with 2 indeps in 14 people?

You should better stop using the “two teams” argument because indeps are not teams, we can’t claim what we are anyway, and insisting to that means that both me and Pikochu are lying. I doubt not!indep Pikochu would fakeclaim it right after Caps threw lots of shade at me because of Aussie’s wording.

… this game is pretty active, isn’t it? If only you were this active in MLP :p :p :p

Good morning, weenies and non-weenies!

I come bearing the fruits

I'm noticing some odd playstyles this time around. Elie seems to be jumping on leetic for a very minor reason, and just seems more accusatory in general. Like right here:

Whoa whoa, that is a strong statement to make so early in the game, especially with the "scumbuddies" accusation. I really doubt that scum would show their hand so easily. From my perspective, leetic's post about the strategy not working just comes off as slightly frustrated to me, don't really get a read either way from that.

I'm glad you noticed my completely intentional and in no way over-the-top sarcastic accusation here.

Also also, two independent claims? I think we need some Win-Conditions claimed over here. A full vigilante already claimed to me, and I'm not opposed to having him fire among the two ITP claims if they both feel as though they're too important to be killed. That's pretty anti-town mentality

I won't take the bait this early, Elie. I believe you're bluffing, it's too early for you to get such an important claim from a townie.

If I were town vig I wouldn't claim to you right away just because you claimed Bulletproof in-thread, especially after your play in Christmas and Dylan's in Fire Emblem.

Not going to announce my wincon this soon. It's not like you claimed your entire role either.

I'm glad you noticed my completely intentional and in no way over-the-top sarcastic accusation here.

lIjr9.png

Right now, I'm still not quite sure who to trust; c'est la vie comme day 1. I don't think the indeps are quite as suspicious as I originally theorized last night, and don't really want to target either of them. I just can't bring myself to trust a Bulletproof claim at this point; after the fakeclaim in CM it's too perfect to be real, but given what Elie's alignment was in CM it doesn't necessarily make him mafia either...

To all the people who doubt my claim; I’ve never faked indep, I’ve never got indep before. Using meta doesn’t work because I’ve never played indep before. Disney Infinity doesn’t exactly count, everyone was indep there lol

ARGH Elie claimed publicly and used bigger letters than me :(

I refuse to exactly claim to him, because I’m not town :p

I see no problem with Pikochu also being indep, Christmas had 2 indeps in 15 people, I’ve seen games with 1 indep in 13 people. What’s so wrong with 2 indeps in 14 people?

You should better stop using the “two teams” argument because indeps are not teams, we can’t claim what we are anyway, and insisting to that means that both me and Pikochu are lying. I doubt not!indep Pikochu would fakeclaim it right after Caps threw lots of shade at me because of Aussie’s wording.

Even if you are an independent (which I still doubt), we are not just going to ignore you for the rest of the game or act like you can't/won't influence the outcome. Look at FE mafia. An ITP who claimed to be neutral at first ended up backstabbing one side and giving all her information to the other. Not having an ITP meta gives us all the more reason to pay close attention to you and not trust anything you say at face value. You could be developing a new meta right now or developing a fake ITP meta. So you can't blame us for being wary of you or using whatever information we currently have to try to make sense of the situation. At any rate, I'll be looking closely for any inconsistencies I see in your play and immediately calling you out on them.

You weren't supposed to reveal it yet :p
Anyway, I'm getting a good town read from Pinball Wizard so far. His response to Elie's reaction test was characteristic of a concerned and attentive town member.

Also, I'm going to say this right now. Although we still have plenty of time left in the phase, I'm prepared to vote against any inactive member. Too many times now I've seen town lose winnable games due to inactivity. If you don't post, you're only helping mafia (unless of course you're silenced). So take that as a warning inactive players; if you want to stay in the game, please try to keep up with the game and post any relevant thoughts/opinions you have whenever you can. Though I guess if you're inactive you might not see this anyway.

Yea, with 14 people in this game, I'm REALLY not opposed to lynching for information. I refuse to let mafia jump the gun and get a free night of info on us, and with how Frozen.Palisades last game basically townsided because she wanted to, one more Mislynch would've had her easily able to jump ship and skew numbers to the favor of antitown.

and don't really want to target either of them.

Were you born with half a brain or do you just choose to only use half of it? This doesn't need to be shared on D1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom