• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
the leveling curve does present a problem in two region games: you're either going to end absurdly high with little room for any other post-game content (re: hypothetically a, Red-like battle would essentially have to be all 100s), or you're going to end absurdly low with massive increases in the post-game.

If you include, say, a Battle Frontier as post game content, who cares what the final levels are? Absurdly high or absurdly low, it won't matter when everyone is level 50/100 in Battle Frontier facilities.

If you include, say, a Battle Frontier as post game content, who cares what the final levels are? Absurdly high or absurdly low, it won't matter when everyone is level 50/100 in Battle Frontier facilities.
if the levels scale like they do in XY, which do seem to take into account the EXP Share to some degree, you're going to end up with the second eight gym leaders and elite four members being 100 or damn near to it.
And so am I, but it makes a lot of sense for the anniversary. A lot of people would love to compare VC Kanto and an expanded nee one.
i can see it being well received, and then i can also see it being received amazingly poor (eg., people feel as if Nintendo/Game Freak/TPCi took advantage of them by releasing VC RBY and then turning around and releasing a modernized Kanto).

if the levels scale like they do in XY, which do seem to take into account the EXP Share to some degree, you're going to end up with the second eight gym leaders and elite four members being 100 or damn near to it.

i can see it being well received, and then i can also see it being received amazingly poor (ie., people feel as if Nintendo/Game Freak/TPCi took advantage of them by releasing VC RBY and then turning around and releasing a modernized Kanto).
Yes, it would be risky indeed, but seeing how all their merchandising for the Anniversary is Kanto centered, I can see it working fine.

The VC releases, if anything, would just make people want a refined Kanto even more.

Yes, it would be risky indeed, but seeing how all their merchandising for the Anniversary is Kanto centered, I can see it working.
They're advertising Kanto because it's where they started and by advertising the old with the new it creates a sense of unity almost like we're one big happy family.
It's clear that TPC have stepped up their marketing game immensely. They've learned who to pander to so that we adult fans don't feel like we're being treated like infants and so that the kiddies see that Pokémon is more or less eternal and not something you grow out of.

A lot of people would love to compare VC Kanto with 3DS Kanto.

Kanto doesn't have a good story though. I prefer stories that involves legendary pokemon and Team Rocket failed twice for that. If people want to play Kanto, they have the RBY on virtual console to look forward to and I can just go to Kanto in HGSS. RBY on virtual console is basically what Game Freak is giving us to celebrate the 20th anniversary.

Kanto doesn't have a good story though. I prefer stories that involves legendary pokemon and Team Rocket failed twice for that. If people want to play Kanto, they have the RBY on virtual console to look forward to and I can just go to Kanto in HGSS. RBY on virtual console is basically what Game Freak is giving us to celebrate the 20th anniversary.
RGBY Kanto and it's remakes have a lacking story, but I am talking about sequels. A brand new Kanto based storyline with new protagonists, nothing to do with Gen I story.

Is it better for the "head dude" to blast a weapon at his own headquarters?

That was like a move of desperation, a suicide bid after all his plans had failed. As @PyroKinesis points out Giovanni had just lost a gym battle, that was all, his Mafia/Crime syndicate could have easily kept going.

I think if GF expanded on the baddies and actually have some of their plans succeed in a way similar to Team Plasma did in Black and White it would make the climax more thrilling and engaging. I think if TF were like their Pokémon Adventures counterpart the XY games would've greatly benefited from them

I think if GF expanded on the baddies and actually have some of their plans succeed in a way similar to Team Plasma did in Black and White it would make the climax more thrilling and engaging. I think if TF were like their Pokémon Adventures counterpart the XY games would've greatly benefited from them

I agree I want the evil team to actually be a threat. To make me think, ok better save before I fight them like I do with gym leaders or E4. In XY I just tore through all of Team Flare using one Pokemon. Wasn't scared of them at all.

That was like a move of desperation, a suicide bid after all his plans had failed.
It was a single plan last I checked. Why not use another legendary to send energy to the ultimate weapon? There were at least two others he could have used. Not to mention that AZ was only stated to have used the life forces of regular Pokémon. Suffice to say that Team Flare could have murdered Pokémon at any time.

points out Giovanni had just lost a gym battle, that was all, his Mafia/Crime syndicate could have easily kept going.
And Lysandre lost one legendary because he left it unattended. Hardly much of a reason to commit suicide.

Giovanni was humiliated due to losing to a child three times. How was he supposed to continue his business after failing his organization? If we go by HGSS, he was planning to train until he could reclaim his followers' respect. Mind you, I prefer the Origins interpretation. But either way, the "Team Rocket are idiots because they didn't use a legendary and just lost the old-fashioned way" is a hollow claim.

That was like a move of desperation, a suicide bid after all his plans had failed.

That just adds to his incompetence, really. His desperation move may well have cost him and his followers their lives. It at least got them buried under a load of rubble.

As @PyroKinesis points out Giovanni had just lost a gym battle, that was all, his Mafia/Crime syndicate could have easily kept going.

Not really. Red clearly knew who Giovanni really was at this point, and his link to the Pokemon League. He could have easily reported him to the League and/or the police who would have taken him down and arrested him. Him throwing in the towel and running for it after being bested by Red (for the third time, I add) can be seen as a way of admitting defeat with grace, but without facing any legal consequence for his crimes.

Last edited:
Giovanni walked away without consigning himself to either handcuffs, death or an eternity in a nightmarish purgatory ruled by Giratina. What can you say, the dude knew when to cut his losses.

Giovanni kicks ass. He is a calculative mafia boss.

Lys is a very cool character. He is full of grand plans but also insecure to an extent.

Last edited:
As for new stuff, they should make Rhyhorn Racing a thing.

They have an off-screen Racing Track on Route 22. You can even see the railing, and even the anime showed it. How pathetic of them to not have included it, especially when our MOTHER is said to be one of the most famous Rhyhorn racers.

Also, does anyone know if that's based in anything? Like real rhino races or something? Because if not, why pick that Pokémon and not something like... Zebstrika? (I'd say Ponyta, but I think we can all think of one good reason why that wouldn't work...)

Thoughts? I like it personally. Although, since I posted it....... I'm ready for you guys to completely DRAG them down and say a main game should have been announced lol. It looks SICK regardless, this year is gonna be AWESOME.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F46tGehnfo

I found it extremely underwhelming. I find Pokémon's commercials are at their best when they channel the original Red and Blue commercials, like they did with the April Fool's Google project, with Pokémon GO! and with even the ORAS live-action trailers. Pokémon games in real life. This is more... real life with Pokémon at the end. Kinda meh.

But either way, the "Team Rocket are idiots because they didn't use a legendary and just lost the old-fashioned way" is a hollow claim.

You mean hollow like your claim that Lysandre killed himself when there's no evidence pointing to that, since you were standing right next to him and survived, too? Or hollow like your claim that the TR/Zygarde arc will end in March?

They have an off-screen Racing Track on Route 22. You can even see the railing, and even the anime showed it. How pathetic of them to not have included it, especially when our MOTHER is said to be one of the most famous Rhyhorn racers.

Also, does anyone know if that's based in anything? Like real rhino races or something? Because if not, why pick that Pokémon and not something like... Zebstrika? (I'd say Ponyta, but I think we can all think of one good reason why that wouldn't work...)

I found it extremely underwhelming. I find Pokémon's commercials are at their best when they channel the original Red and Blue commercials, like they did with the April Fool's Google project, with Pokémon GO! and with even the ORAS live-action trailers. Pokémon games in real life. This is more... real life with Pokémon at the end. Kinda meh.

You mean hollow like your claim that Lysandre killed himself when there's no evidence pointing to that, since you were standing right next to him and survived, too? Or hollow like your claim that the TR/Zygarde arc will end in March?
I think the intent was to engrave Pokémon into pop culture as something that's more or less never going away. It's the first time that they made a commercial that wasn't a advert for something.

I have a feeling they meant to include it in XY but ran out of time, that would explain those hints.

i don't think Game Freak would be able to give tangible evidence that Lysandre died and still keep their game E. so i think the fact that he disappears and Xerosic and Malva are all that's apparently left of Team Flare is sufficient to assume that he died. it also parallels AZ's tale: AZ fires the Ultimate Weapon and gains immortality. Lysandre fires it and meets his end.

also i do think they wanted to include Rhyhorn racing (which does not really have a real world counterpart aside from general animal racing), but it was something they couldn't exactly work out within the time constraints they were given for XY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom