• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't people going to get exhausted by so many side games, and have no energy left for the next main game?

It certainly appears that they are holding the main game back, in order to get the side games advertised first, although I am not quite sure if it's such a good idea.
It's like they are feeding our Pokemon hunger with side game bites, instead of a main series game full course meal. And I am starting to wonder if people will be hungry enough for the main series meal, when it's out.

Also the more spin-offs they release, the more I start to doubt if we are getting Z. I mean, so many sidegames...
Why? Game freak has no relation to the side games. They just the main series games.
Aren't people going to get exhausted by so many side games, and have no energy left for the next main game?
No one is forcing them to buy them you know.

I can't speak for others, but I generally don't bother with spin-off games, so it doesn't bother me. Colosseum/XD/Conquest are the only exceptions (I did play Shuffle for a while but I got very bored and deleted it) and Pokken only has my interest until the full roster is revealed - I won't be buying it. I stick to the main series pretty much.

Why? Game freak has no relation to the side games. They just the main series games.

No one is forcing them to buy them you know.
No one forces you to have a snack, but if it's under your nose, you will probably end up having it.

I can't speak for others, but I generally don't bother with spin-off games, so it doesn't bother me. Colosseum/XD/Conquest are the only exceptions (I did play Shuffle for a while but I got very bored and deleted it) and Pokken only has my interest until the full roster is revealed - I won't be buying it. I stick to the main series pretty much.

Mostly the same here. I can't even really remember the last spin-off title I touched... I think it was the demo of Gates to Infinity.

Wait, hold up... 3 years of development... for an e-Shop title?! :O I was expecting a 3DS or Wii U game... or thinking it was canceled since we hadn't heard about it.
They had to perfect the motion capture and presumably dub this into 7 languages. If the release is nearly worldwide, then the delay is excusable.

Oh goody just what we've been crying out for. Another spin off game. Was just thinking the other day, you know what we didn't get enough of in 2015 spin off games. :p

At least poor serebii may finally have something else to cover apart from the latest level in shuffle! ;)

The subtitle is "Birth of a New Partnership", which implies an episodic format. There will probably be at least another episode released this year.

Last edited:
I know that it wouldn't be a huge change to the game but i wanted to see evolutions during the battles imagine having a charmender that evolved in the middle of a gym battle ... like in the anime where treecko evolved into a grovyle during the battle with ash's frogardier
(Sorry if i made some mistakes english isn't my first language)
:))

Detective game looks meh, not excited for it at all. Then again though, we haven't seen any real gameplay, so I'll reserve judgment.

Why would it be?

It's an eShop title and doesn't look like something the West would really like. I don't think we'll be missing much by not getting this game.

Reactions: !Z!
It's an eShop title and doesn't look like something the West would really like. I don't think we'll be missing much by not getting this game.
You don't seem to be aware of how successful cinematic games such as Telltale's are. Outside Japan.

And it's more than a single eShop title in all likelihood.

I know that it wouldn't be a huge change to the game but i wanted to see evolutions during the battles imagine having a charmender that evolved in the middle of a gym battle ... like in the anime where treecko evolved into a grovyle during the battle with ash's frogardier

While that'd be cool, it wouldn't really work. The HP changes when the Pokemon evolves.

With every non-main-game announcement made, I feel more than ever that in their eagerness to 'surprise' us with whatever the next main game is, all they've done is make the fandom more impatient. It's like a drumroll...it builds tension, but if you keep that drumroll up for 6 months all the tension gradually deflates and eventually nobody cares what you're buiding up to anymore. See, if they'd just announced the new main game already (even without giving us a firm release date - just FINALLY giving us a rock solid clue of what the hell to expect), we'd all probably be enjoying every side game reveal and considering it icing on the cake. But because of the lack of a main game announcement it feels like the absence of it is all many of us can focus on right now - like Meta Boss says, we're hungry, and instead of the main course we're being offered snacks.

Hopefully the main course will come soon and be so delicious it'll be worth waiting for.

Agree completely. Pokemon can level up, learn new moves and even mega evolve mid-battle, so why not regular evolution too? I hope that's something they implement in future. (Your English is great, btw).

With every non-main-game announcement made, I feel more than ever that in their eagerness to 'surprise' us with whatever the next main game is, all they've done is make the fandom more impatient. It's like a drumroll...it builds tension, but if you keep that drumroll up for 6 months all the tension gradually deflates and eventually nobody cares what you're buiding up to anymore. See, if they'd just announced the new main game already (even without giving us a firm release date - just FINALLY giving us a rock solid clue of what the hell to expect), we'd all probably be enjoying every side game reveal and considering it icing on the cake. But because of the lack of a main game announcement it feels like the absence of it is all many of us can focus on right now - like Meta Boss says, we're hungry, and instead of the main course we're being offered snacks.

Hopefully the main course will come soon and be so delicious it'll be worth waiting for.

Agree completely. Pokemon can level up, learn new moves and even mega evolve mid-battle, so why not regular evolution too? I hope that's something they implement in future. (Your English is great, btw).
Thanks [emoji1]

While that'd be cool, it wouldn't really work. The HP changes when the Pokemon evolves.

Also, while this is hardly an iron-clad thing, one of the aspects of Mega Evolution that they touted as making it unique was that it could occur in battle, which implies that regular evolution cannot.

I don't get this complaining about the game not being announced. If they had released the title of the game and then nothing for six months you guys would just be complaining that we had the title and nothing else for all that time instead.

It doesn't matter what they do in this situation, impatient fans are always going to want something more until the game is released.

Also a big reason why you guys are impatient is because you've hyped yourselves up over everything. Every month it's the same with the Corocoro hype, or a Direct or anything. There is no drumroll that's been going on for six months or whatever from Game Freak. Game Freak haven't even given a trickle of any sort of main series game coming soon, you guys are doing this to yourselves so don't blame them. (And no, the Zygarde forms aren't a hint of a main game given they specified on the site it was anime news.)

I don't get this complaining about the game not being announced. If they had released the title of the game and then nothing for six months you guys would just be complaining that we had the title and nothing else for all that time instead.

It doesn't matter what they do in this situation, impatient fans are always going to want something more until the game is released.

Also a big reason why you guys are impatient is because you've hyped yourselves up over everything. Every month it's the same with the Corocoro hype, or a Direct or anything. There is no drumroll that's been going on for six months or whatever from Game Freak. Game Freak haven't even given a trickle of any sort of main series game coming soon, you guys are doing this to yourselves so don't blame them. (And no, the Zygarde forms aren't a hint of a main game given they specified on the site it was anime news.)
I have to disagree. I don't care about side games, really. I just want the title for the next main series release, and I wouldn't be so impatient really.

Also, the Zygarde tease has to count. How on are all those formes anime exclusive? Especially since they are appearing in every side game anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom