• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Guidznl Actually, I think because it's an actual Super bowl related commercial, it will air regardless of where you are, ads like fabric softener may vary however lol. You get what I mean though, like tied in, with a few other ads that paid for specific time slots.

Yeah I get what you mean. I can't Remember how they did it last year to be honest. It isn't common over here to broadcast generic global advertisements. Just gonna wait and see when the Super Bowl arrives.

Don't know what the shit storm about Detective Pikachu was for, but I like it. I thought that game was going to be cancelled, having heard nothing of it in ages, but I'm glad they didn't let such an interesting concept go to waste.

Side note: didn't read most of the last few pages, but htf did we get on to the subject of the Paris attacks from talking about a kid's RPG series?

And while I definitely think the best course of action is to censor anything triggering in Lumiose after the Paris attacks, it's not their only option. Unova introduced Ground Zero as the Desert Resort. A location that is not only extremely important to the storyline, but also to the lore, being one of the two Unovan castles (Abyssal Ruins being its counterpart). And they could've just outright kept on going with no mention to anything whatsoever, since I doubt they had Team Flare gunning down innocent citizens, though this option seems less sensitive in my opinion. Isn't Johto based off of the part of Japan that got A-Bombed in WW2? I don't ever remember seeing a single reference to radiation (outside of Pokédex entries).

Nagasaki is the basis for Slateport City and Hiroshima has never been visited in a Pokemon game (it's a few cities west of where Johto ends and on the mainland north of Hoenn).

Side note: didn't read most of the last few pages, but htf did we get on to the subject of the Paris attacks from talking about a kid's RPG series?

Conspiracy theory that the Paris attacks are the reason Z hasn't been announced.

Guys, as much as I hate trigger warning culture and believe it to be more harmful than helpful in the long run, before we go too far down this road of arguments it does bear saying that we have no idea if that theory about a game being delayed because of the Paris attacks has any bearing in reality. It's a possibility but there is literally no evidence to support it as a probability, so starting to present the case for/against trigger warning culture has the potential to go massively off-topic and cause a fair amount of hostility.

The bottom line is that no matter whether you find it ridiculous or support it, those behind the Pokemon franchise do have precedent in this area and considering it's essentially a kiddie franchise you can't blame them for treading carefully and wanting to avoid any bad press or even people suing them.

Regarding Detective Pikachu - the voice made me crease up laughing after I'd gotten over the initial shock, but maybe I've just gotten too used to hearing Ikue Ohtani's breathy, saccharine 'pika pika!' over the years to imagine Pikachu sounding any other way .

Guys, as much as I hate trigger warning culture and believe it to be more harmful than helpful in the long run, before we go too far down this road of arguments it does bear saying that we have no idea if that theory about a game being delayed because of the Paris attacks has any bearing in reality. It's a possibility but there is literally no evidence to support it as a probability, so starting to present the case for/against trigger warning culture has the potential to go massively off-topic and cause a fair amount of hostility.

The bottom line is that no matter whether you find it ridiculous or support it, those behind the Pokemon franchise do have precedent in this area and considering it's essentially a kiddie franchise you can't blame them for treading carefully and wanting to avoid any bad press or even people suing them.

Regarding Detective Pikachu - the voice made me crease up laughing after I'd gotten over the initial shock, but maybe I've just gotten too used to hearing Ikue Ohtani's breathy, saccharine 'pika pika!' over the years to imagine Pikachu sounding any other way .

I was most the fuel for that part of the thread. Lol. But I agree that in the end it is a game aimed mainly for children, and should not have such a hardcore mature theme.

I actually like the new game. The detective pikachu seems a lot like Seth Macfarlane's Ted but without the cursing and all the other "adult" qualities. Even the way he mouths his words reminds me of Ted which is cool because typically pikachu has more of a helpful nature rather than as assertive, mouthy, loud, and go getter like this pikachu.

Yeah, I really don't think that the attacks are relevant either (I mean, I don't even think we're going back to Kalos anyway, so I definitely wouldn't think that). And frankly, I agree with you about "trigger warning culture." All I was saying was that I would understand it if they did censor/delay the games if indeed they hypothetically overlapped with a sensitive issue.

For what it's worth, I didn't detect any hosility from thatdude53 and appreciated the discussion.

Regarding Detective Pikachu, well, I already know that I am not very likely to pick it up. But I definitely don't mind the effort (it looks to be pleasantly high-concept for a side-game), or the onslaught of spin-offs. A new game will come in due time, and I have plenty to keep me busy until then.

I don't know... Not revisiting Kalos before moving to Gen VII would feel weird. And it would be a missed opportunity tbh.

I would rather skip a new Kalos game, but In general, I wouldn't want them to stop making third games.

I don't know... Not revisiting Kalos before moving to Gen VII would feel weird. And it would be a missed opportunity tbh.

I would rather skip a new Kalos game, but In general, I wouldn't want them to stop making third games.

Are you serious? There is no way they going to leave Zygarde and Kalos in the state that they are in.

Last edited:
Are you serious? There is no way they going to leave Zygarde and Kalos in the state that it they are in.
I think Z is still the most likely option, but not the only one. Kanto revisit to end Gen VI, or the start of Gen VII could happen as well.

We have hints in both directions. Here are some Gen VII hints:

- the Pokedex can be completed between Kalos and Hoenn. This on it's own is suspicious. They rushed to include all Pokemon not available in XY, in ORAS. For example, the Unova starters could have been left for the next Gen VI game, but they are in ORAS. Same with the suspiciously big amount of legendary Pokemon in ORAS. Not even one saved for the next game...Why?

- ORAS being the game for the World VGC 2016

- XY including features that first pair games usually don't have, like Gym leader rematches.

I think Z is still the most likely option, but not the only one. Kanto revisit to end Gen VI, or the start of Gen VII could happen as well.

We have hints in both directions. Here are some Gen VII hints:

- the Pokedex can be completed between Kalos and Hoenn. This on it's own is suspicious. They rushed to include all.Pokemon not available in XY, in ORAS. For example, the Unova starters could have been left for the next Gen VI game, but they are in ORAS. Same with the suspiciously big amount of legendary Pokemon in ORAS. Not even one saved for the next game...Why?

- ORAS being the game for the World VGC 2016

Kanto is happening with RBY on virtual console. As for the hints, they don't really confirmed gen 7 and I don't see gen 7 until late 2017 or 2018.

Kanto is happening with RBY on virtual console. As for the hints, they don't really confirmed gen 7 and I don't see gen 7 until late 2017 or 2018.
The fact that GF rushed to include all the Pokedex between two pairs of games doesn't seem reasonable if an other Gen VI game is coming.

And ORAS has the most legendary Pokemon ever. Why the rush to include all of them?

Has the Pokedex ever been completable before the last game of a generation? Since GSC?

Last edited:
The fact that GF rushed to include all the Pokedex between two pairs of games doesn't seem reasonable if an other Gen VI game is coming.

And ORAS has the most legendary Pokemon ever. Why the rush, if Z is coming soon?

ORAS was made the way Game Freak wanted the games to be made. Z could have something big that we don't know about.

Reactions: !Z!
I think not revisiting Kalos would be weird and not make much sense at all. But seeing some of the moves GF are making, it could be.

And ORAS has the most legendary Pokemon ever. Why the rush to include all of them?

Has the Pokedex ever been completable before the last game of a generation? Since GSC?

There is, actually, if you count Colosseum and XD in 3rd gen then you could complete the National Dex before Emerald came out.

As for now, I think we're getting Gen 6.5.

Reactions: !Z!
There is, actually, if you count Colosseum and XD in 3rd gen then you could complete the National Dex before Emerald came out.

As for now, I think we're getting Gen 6.5.
Oh, didn't know. But still, I wouldn't count a different system for the Pokedex.

Gen 6.5 doesn't seem likely to me. But it's the anniversary so who knows, maybe Masuda will go crazy.

Last edited:
Gen 6.5 doesn't seem likely to me. But it's the anniversary so who knows?

Gen 6.5 actually make sense for a lot of reasons:

-There weren't a lot of new Pokemon this gen, so this could help bolster 6th gen's numbers and fill in some gaps.
-The National Dex can already be completed, as I just mentioned.
-Third versions and sequels have taken to adding new Pokemon to the regional dex (since Platinum). Adding in old Pokemon wouldn't do much good because the Kalos Dex is already overloaded with old Pokemon.
-It's the next step up from including new forms and Megas in mid gen games and would garner a lot of attention and likely more sales.

Not saying there's solid evidence it'll happen, but it'd be a great way to round out this generation considering where it stands at this point.

-There weren't a lot of new Pokemon this gen, so this could help bolster 6th gen's numbers and fill in some gaps.
-Third versions and sequels have taken to adding new Pokemon to the regional dex (since Platinum). Adding in old Pokemon wouldn't do much good because the Kalos Dex is already overloaded with old Pokemon.
-It's the next step up from including new forms and Megas in mid gen games and would garner a lot of attention and likely more sales.

Not saying there's solid evidence it'll happen, but it'd be a great way to round out this generation considering where it stands at this point.

Third versions and sequels haven't add new pokemon to the pokedex. They added existing ones that weren't in the first games of the gen. Gen 6.5 makes no sense as Gen 7 comes right after the final game of Kalos.

If Gen 6.5 was their intention, they would've made Z first, then release ORAS at the end of the generation. This way, the new mons could shine for two games instead of one.

If Gen 6.5 was their intention, they would've made Z first, then release ORAS. This way, the new mons could shine for two games instead of one.

That still makes no sense. Gen 7 would still be directly after the last games of gen 6. Putting new pokemon in the final gen 6 game and then create new ones for gen 7 makes no sense and it is a utter waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom