• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if in the Southern Part of Kalos (still Kalos, One Kalos etc) there are also a few new Pokemon present in those areas, except this time they aren't Pokemon we already know about. They are Kalos Pokemon, but Pokemon we've not seen yet.
This idea has been proposed, it would kinda be like gen 6.5, the .5 part referring to new Pokemon but not necessarily to gen 7 Pokemon. (though they could drop small hints to the Pokemon being connected to gen 7 region)

I'm down with the idea honestly. It would give this potential "Z" or whatever the name is some actual fresh content. Because let's face it, since OR/AS, pretty much every Pokemon has been somehow made available and this "Z" would only have to offer new Mega Evolutions and Zygarde forms in terms of the new Pokemon content which IMO isn't enough. There needs to be something new, like new Pokemon you just proposed.

Don't forget the locked up sections in the Power Plant. :3

I don't think they're going to skip Zygarde at all, regardless of what kind of game we get. There's more evidence that supports this rather than going against it. Yes, the marketing strategy being used is weirder than all get out, but I don't think that automatically means we're leaving another trip to Kalos and Zygarde Formes in the dust.

I also think that they will try to "go big" with it in celebration of the 20th anniversary. A few months ago, a lot of people were against that notion, me being one of them. But looking at how the 20th anniversary is being hyped so far in just this month, I can't imagine what next month is going to be like. They are taking this seriously(no but seriously, news sites like Forbes and Huffington Post have been posting articles about it, and they normally rarely post anything about Pokemon), and I would hate for them to go mediocre on us for the next game(s). Meaning that if we do get some sort of "Z", I don't think it will be the typical 3rd version that we're so used to... or I would hope so anyways.

Hypothetically speaking, new Pokemon would make sense. I mean its baffling that they decided to not create a secondary legendary trio for one.

Hypothetically speaking, new Pokemon would make sense. I mean its baffling that they decided to not create a secondary legendary trio for one.

Maybe they took notice of the criticisms of Gen IV & V? They introduced a boatload of legendaries each. VI was beautifully minimal in comparison.

An expanded Kalos would be interesting if it had its own legendary trio, and they tied into the locale's backstory/history. Possibly its own set of starters too. I think they would have a lot of appeal.

As far as the region goes, you're really trying to read too much into things and force patterns that aren't there. You're saying that Kalos is a complete region because it's bigger than Unova and doesn't have post game areas like Hoenn, but that really isn't saying much because Unova is among one of the smaller regions in the game and Hoenn is significantly larger than Unova and Kalos. So that's no excuse for Kalos not to expand, and there's plenty of potential for them to expand. They could add a lot of areas to Southern Kalos and there's also a little bit of space in the northeast corner of the map.

Okay, allow me to rephrase.

Now, in BW, you've got a maximum of 11 cities you can visit in the main game, and you still have 3 cities left for the post-game.

In B2W2, you've got 13 cities in the main game, with 6 in the post-game.

You say Unova is small, and I will agree to that. But I believe that is why it can accommodate that many post-game areas.

But let's look at Kalos. In X/Y, the main game features 16 cities, with only 1 for the post-game. That's like 90% of the region right there in the main game. How do you even make that bigger? Adding more to the main game over-inflates it, and there are no previously-unavailable Pokémon left to fill in the gaps with/give the new areas something new to offer. Expanding the post-game - okay, but which parts of NK can you cut out that will still be interesting in post? Hold that thought, because I'll be coming back to this in my next paragraph.

As for how Northern Kalos could connect to Southern Kalos, they could simply have a new path that connects to Camphrier Town.

This is still a very awkward can of worms. So you reach NK via Camphrier - I am envisioning a fair number of cities (at least three) in order to even be "Southern" Kalos, because any less than that, and all you've really done is shift X/Y's first three cities slightly to the left. That's more Western Kalos than anything.

But then I'm guessing you would continue on to Ambrette, right? I mean, it makes the most sense, unless they want you to go around the region in an infinity loop from Camphrier > Lumiose > Coumarine > Geosenge > Shalour > Cyllage > Ambrette > Camphrier again > Lumiose again > Laverre > and the rest up to the League. But if this were the case, then... how do you do that without recycling the exact same story beats and pacing from X/Y? Beause replacing the first three cities doesn't change the fact that you are still taking the exact same path through the rest of the region. The only time it diverges from X/Y's path is in the beginning (and that may or may not even be a substantial change depending on how much of a departure "Southern" Kalos is from X/Y's first three cities), and when the villain plot kicks in, where you would just stay in the Anistar area instead of backtracking to Lumiose/Geosenge.

Here we return to the post-game problem. So we've established that our run through Kalos is going to be basically the same as it was in X/Y. Because to come up through Camphrier Town, you need enough cities before that in order to actually reach the South at all, but you cannot have too many, because then you've just got too long of a stretch going all the way from the South, up to Camphrier, and then on along the recycled X/Y path up to the League (unless for some reason they do not let you access Couriway from Route 18, but that doesn't seem terribly likely to me because it is right next to Terminus Cave/the Zygarde plot, and forcing you to go to Santalune in order to reach the League would be very roundabout and counter-intuitive). Anyway, what does that leave for post-game?

Kiloude, Santalune, Aquacorde, and Vanville. How fun.

And then, even if you add a new building here or there, or let us go into the other Power Plant buildings - how much can they realy change about the experience with no new Pokémon to feature? Unless they were to introduce new Pokémon, the only way to really shake things up as far as Kalos's selection goes would be to add in the Pokémon from OR/AS, which is the definition of redundancy. Kalos already has pretty much the largest and most diverse selection of Pokémon throughout the main game, which, for that matter, is another reason why it feels "complete" to me. You can't do what they did with Platinum and B2W2 and expand the Pokédex, because there is simply nothing left to add. Hell, there was barely anything left to add even before OR/AS because Kalos's Dex is just so bloody huge.

Now, I have to reiterate - I did say that I am sure they are clever enough to get around this if they put their minds to it. My problem is, every way I try to orient it, it feels like forcing a square peg into a circular hole, and saturating a region that is already pretty damn big.

There's also a lot they could explore with the lore and storyline to justify a new game. Zygarde is shaping up to be an interesting mascot that could easily fit into the region's lore. It's said to monitor the ecosystem and reveal its secret power when the region is threatened, and even with the reveal of the new forms it's still not clear how it accomplishes this. Whatever the case, it probably won't be too happy with Team Flare running amok and threatening the region. Then there's Volcanion, who is revered in Southern Kalos and who Maxie and Archie were searching for before the events of ORAS. Plus he has an unusual organ in his body that allows him to expel steam, what is this organ? And then there's Eternal Flower Floette, a super powered form of Floette almost equal in power to a Florges. What created this form change? What is the connection between its flower and the Ultimate Weapon? Outside of legendaries, there's some other plotlines left to explore. What happened to Lysandre after the events of XY? What exactly is Malva's role in Team Flare? What is AZ's full name? Who is Aster if not AZ and what is his connection to Zinnia? What is the significance of Terminus Cave? Just what is the Anistar Sundial?

I think a large portion of these amount to mere trivia, honestly, and storyline has never been the driving motivation of making Pokémon games anyway.

And then there's the possibility of entirely new Pokemon debuting in this game which could serve as the surprising twist that would grab people's attention and breathe new life into the region. New Pokemon would add a completely different experience to a familiar region and shake up the concept of a Pokemon generation.

And I will admit, I am not totally convinced that this cannot happen. I just have less of a reason to think that it will, instead of a new generation outright.

So no, there's plenty they could do with a return to Kalos that it would feel like a crime for them to leave us with just XY. This isn't about wanting to stick to the script. It's about wanting a mediocre region to get the facelift it deserves and redeem itself. If Game Freak wants to change up the formula so they don't have to revisit the region that's fine, but if they want to go that route they need to nail it the first time through and not leave any loose ends or unfinished business. This is an awful lot to discard simply because the promotional schedule is weird.

But this assumes that they themselves perceive Kalos in its current state as unsatisfactory. Perhaps in their minds, they *did* nail it the first time. The impression I got from Masuda in his interviews was that he was very proud of X/Y and of the work that they put into designing Kalos.

I mean, I myself had high hopes for how they would "update" Hoenn and make use of all it had to offer. And look at how that turned out. They packed Lumiose into a box and renamed it Mauville, replaced the Abandoned Ship with an Abandoned Oil Rig, and grafittied all over the Sky Pillar. And didn't even bother to change up the Regional Pokédex, either.

I think I need to emphasize this: I am not ruling anything out completely. I never discount the possibility that I could be completely, totally, magnificently wrong. "Z" is, in my mind, possible, but only remotely. I think that it creates more problems than it solves, and would not offer much substantial value to the game series. Based on what I have seen, I have come to feel that a new generation seems more probable. But that is only in my view, which is not necessarily the correct one, or the most informed one.

The fact is the whole of Kalos/Xy feels incomplete.

Whether its the various unsolved mysteries (far greater than just trivia) the small number of Pokemon, the fact that even the region is cut in half. The lack of any in-game stuff about Zygarde. It'd be crazy to just leave it with such an incomplete feel. Also a return is near certain. They spent years designing the place and it cost a fortune of course they are going to want to get their moneys worth. You dont need to read The Art Of The Deal to know that skipping the Kalos 're use makes no business sense.

Let's not forget there is no "north France" so if what we got now was the full Kalos region GF would have just arbitrarily drawn a line for no reason. In the past when using a region they've always used the full area the region is based on. Unova did the expansion thing. Are you really suggesting they saw France draw some arbitrary squiggle and were like let's just use this bit and ignore world famous areas like the alps Marseille, nice, Toulouse.

Not to mention the in game event for Volcanion actually mentions a Southern Part of Kalos where volcanion is revered

If South Kalos was an expansion of Kalos and a bit more then just a subregion like Coastal, Central, and Mountain were, I would assume it won't be the same route as XY, like B2W2 took the middle and mixed it up after Mistralton. Your speculation assmes going to Camphier and then North, but what if that's not the case? I analyzed this before, but lets go over this idea if we're up to discussing it:
www.serebii.net/pokearth/kalos.png
If the game has you enter Kalos Mainland from the southwest, then why Camphier? We're assuming that South Kalos would be all new areas, and that's it. But what if the South Kalos expansion is only 3/4ths of the new content, while the rest is new Kalos Central areas. Take a look at the map. What if there is a new route that incorporates Glittering Cave, which leads to an new city South of Lumiose, on the hill west of Santalune. From there you can take a reverse of the XY path, all the way to Anistar. More so, this can work with a new path to the Victory road, via the lakeside town that could exist northeast of the league. I also kinda want Lumiose to be part of the post league as well. It would be too mind nimbingly stupid to have it accessible when you would already have gotten half or so of the badges, as in my speculation only 3 of the old Kalos gyms are part of the badge quest, and the work needed to block off the rest of the region wpuld be unbelievable. In this case, the arguement that the postgame would be small is then resolved. This way, you have:
All of Coastal
Half of Mountain(Lumiose, Dendemille, and Laverre, along with the surrounding routes)
Vanaville, Aquacorde, and Kiloude City.

That's a lot of content, almost half the game. I've said it before, South Kalos is likely to be roughly the rest of france, which is almost half the country. There is enough to work with that I beliwve they can replace 2/3rds of Kalos with a new 2/3rds of the region. Yes that would make Kalod massive, but it would basically be like if Johto/Kanto were one region. And I'd even argue that they are, in a way.

You know, a wise airbender once said, "[W]hen you base your expectations only on what you see, you blind yourself to the possibilities of a new reality." ;)

What I mean is, skipping over Kalos seems weird because they've never done it before. Or more specifically, because they've always gone back and "spruced up" the new region. But that's ultimately just another pattern waiting to be broken. Like Pokémon Græy. Like the Ruby/Sapphire remakes that were obviously going to be in Gen V because Gen V brought back currents and HM Dive and well, Gens III and IV had remakes so clearly...? Or like the Dragon-type Eeeveelution that they were definitely going to make because Eeveelutions "always" come in pairs and because Dragon was the only "Special" type to not have an Eeeveelution. Hell, even the notion of a new type being added in Gen VI was met with the same insistent cries of "They would never!" So yeah, at present, curtailing Gen VI and moving on to something else looks strange because they've never done it before. But that doesn't actually stop them from doing it.

And indeed, here we are, with Game Freak using completely unprecedented methods like the preemptive Zygarde promotion and the Strange Souvenir hinting at something beyond Gen VI, and yet the fandom still insists on these "patterns."

One thing that always struck me as odd about Kalos, as soon as I finished my first playthrough, was the fact that it had about as many towns and cities as Unova, but only one of those cities was reserved for the post-game, and even it was just a downsized Battle Tower. You effectively cover the entire Kalos region in the main game alone. There were no Sevii Islands. There was no post-game Kanto or Mt. Silver. There was no Battle Zone. There was no Eastern Unova. The only other region like this?

Hoenn.

In fact, Hoenn is so already-complete that OR/AS literally throw their arms up and give you the National Dex before you even earn your eighth badge, saying "Alright kid, you've done everything you really need to - now go run along and do whatever you want." Now, granted, Hoenn is more "free-range" and less linear than Kalos, but the principle is the same. Neither region seems to be particularly interested in updating itself after the fact.

This is of course why people keep speculating about a "Southern Kalos," but you know, I can't really see how that would fit. The transition to Northern Kalos would be very awkward. Do you have to go up through Vaniville and Aquacorde? Maybe, but that would weigh down the pacing, having to pass through the two bland "beginning" towns after you've already earned a badge or two. Do you take the train from Kiloude to Lumiose? Okay, but if that were the case, then the Battle Maison and the Friend Safari would likely be inaccessible or moved, and so Kiloude becomes an unrecognizable, glorified rest-stop. And then the trajectory would likely aim you at Anistar/Terminus Cave for the Zygarde plot to occur, but then how much of the West coast is closed off? When do you go to Shalour to pick up Mega Evolution?

I'm sure they're clever enough to think of something if they wanted to, but as it stands, I'm not seeing how it would work.

And that's my big issue with "Z" and a return to Kalos. Yes, the bare minimum is there. They *could* cobble together a perfunctory "Pokémon Z" with nothing new to offer aside from not-really-new-anymore Zygarde forms that are completely expected and cannot be used in the 2016 VGCs anyway, a couple of new areas, new clothes, and a Rhyhorn Racing minigame. Or they could do something big, new, and inventive. And if ever there were a time to go big and to show that you've still got it, the 20th anniversary is the time.
I like what you said and you know I would rather skip a Kalos revisit too, but just a few things:

- Not all patterns will be broken. GF are conservative most of the time.

- What is the parallel you are trying to draw between Kalos and Hoenn? Because Hoenn is the biggest Pokemon region and Kalos is relatively small and bare bones in comparison. Hoenn clearly needed no post game expansion (and ORAS still added like nearly 40 small islands to explore in the post game). While Kalos definitely could benefit from an expansion especially since Southern Kalos is mentioned ingame, but only Kiloude is present ingame. It's even said that Kiloude is the perfect example of South Kalosian life, or something like that. Why give us a glimpse of it, if you don't plan to show us an expansion.

- The biggest issue I see with the reasoning of "Kalos again would be boring" is that the same could be said for Crystal, Emerald, Platinum and B2W2, and yet Game Freak still made them.

The only difference here would be that it's the Anniversary, so they might try something more exciting than the usual formula, but I don't think skipping Kalos is in their plans.

Also, don't know how people would remember Gen VI if it suddenly ended with no return to Kalos. Personally I think it's fine how it is, and gen II and V also had only two pairs of games, like XY and ORAS for Gen VI, but I don't want fans calling Gen VI half assed or unfinished in the future, only because people expected an other Kalos game, and they didn't get it.

Last edited:
Kiloude City is described as a Southern area of Kalos in-game. It's kind of secluded too, surrounded by mountains on maps.

Looking at Kalos' art map & in-game map, both display mountain ranges on Kalos' southern borders and effectively block it off. I think unless there is some way to pass the mountains (Like the Magnet Train in Johto games) or possibly through the mountain (Like in Mt. Coronet in Sinnoh) or going around the mountain by boat, then I'm not exactly sure how one would travel between Kalos and this potential new sub-region.

There's also the fact that Game Freak have artistic license - look at Sinnoh. They stuck a new area on it (the Battle Zone) that is not there in real life Hokkaido. There is also a south left "leg" of Hokkaido that was not included in Sinnoh, but included in one of the ranger games, if I recall. They turned Kyushu 90 degrees to make Hoenn. Game Freak are no strangers to changing the real world locations to better suit their games. Kalos is no different. It's not unthinkable of them to not use the entirety of a location in their worldbuilding.

Then again, them not using part of a real world location on purpose to make it into an in-game location/area in a later release is a pretty smart idea, I'd think. I'd say it gives a lot of possibilities.

Last edited:
Okay, allow me to rephrase.

Now, in BW, you've got a maximum of 11 cities you can visit in the main game, and you still have 3 cities left for the post-game.

In B2W2, you've got 13 cities in the main game, with 6 in the post-game.

You say Unova is small, and I will agree to that. But I believe that is why it can accommodate that many post-game areas.

But let's look at Kalos. In X/Y, the main game features 16 cities, with only 1 for the post-game. That's like 90% of the region right there in the main game. How do you even make that bigger? Adding more to the main game over-inflates it, and there are no previously-unavailable Pokémon left to fill in the gaps with/give the new areas something new to offer. Expanding the post-game - okay, but which parts of NK can you cut out that will still be interesting in post? Hold that thought, because I'll be coming back to this in my next paragraph.

This is still a very awkward can of worms. So you reach NK via Camphrier - I am envisioning a fair number of cities (at least three) in order to even be "Southern" Kalos, because any less than that, and all you've really done is shift X/Y's first three cities slightly to the left. That's more Western Kalos than anything.

Southern Kalos could consist of two sections, one which serves as the new beginning of the game, and the other which connects with Kiloude City and adds onto the post game. Then they could have everything from Rt. 3 down be post game, and possibly some other sections like Ambrette/ Rt. 8 and 9/Glittering Cave, Snowbelle/Rt. 19-21/Pokemon Village as well. That would be a good balance between main game and post game.

But then I'm guessing you would continue on to Ambrette, right? I mean, it makes the most sense, unless they want you to go around the region in an infinity loop from Camphrier > Lumiose > Coumarine > Geosenge > Shalour > Cyllage > Ambrette > Camphrier again > Lumiose again > Laverre > and the rest up to the League. But if this were the case, then... how do you do that without recycling the exact same story beats and pacing from X/Y? Beause replacing the first three cities doesn't change the fact that you are still taking the exact same path through the rest of the region. The only time it diverges from X/Y's path is in the beginning (and that may or may not even be a substantial change depending on how much of a departure "Southern" Kalos is from X/Y's first three cities), and when the villain plot kicks in, where you would just stay in the Anistar area instead of backtracking to Lumiose/Geosenge.

The problem is that if you go to Ambrette first, it would be a while before you reach Lumiose City, and Lumiose City is a major landmark that contains the Professor's Lab and several other important areas (I also suggested a few pages back to put Join Avenue there, which would be an important feature in this game for communication and extra content, and you don't want to have to wait too long for that). Unless you want to go to Lumiose, backtrack to Camphrier, and then proceed to Ambrette, which would be fairly annoying that early in the game. I think the infinity loop can work if they give you fly when you reach Cyllage City, then they could prompt you to fly back to Lumiose which would cut out the retread through areas you've already been to. From there, you can take a train from Lumiose to Couriway and head through Mountain Kalos backwards, diverging momentarily at Rt. 15 to go to new areas in the northeast before backtracking and proceeding to Laverre. After that, you simply go back to Lumiose, go down Rt. 4 to Santalune to Rt. 22 to Victory Road.

And then, even if you add a new building here or there, or let us go into the other Power Plant buildings - how much can they realy change about the experience with no new Pokémon to feature? Unless they were to introduce new Pokémon, the only way to really shake things up as far as Kalos's selection goes would be to add in the Pokémon from OR/AS, which is the definition of redundancy. Kalos already has pretty much the largest and most diverse selection of Pokémon throughout the main game, which, for that matter, is another reason why it feels "complete" to me. You can't do what they did with Platinum and B2W2 and expand the Pokédex, because there is simply nothing left to add. Hell, there was barely anything left to add even before OR/AS because Kalos's Dex is just so bloody huge.

And again, this is one reason why new Pokemon would be a good idea.

I think a large portion of these amount to mere trivia, honestly, and storyline has never been the driving motivation of making Pokémon games anyway.

Not saying it is, but it's definitely a factor.

But this assumes that they themselves perceive Kalos in its current state as unsatisfactory. Perhaps in their minds, they *did* nail it the first time. The impression I got from Masuda in his interviews was that he was very proud of X/Y and of the work that they put into designing Kalos.

Never trust these kinds of statements from the developers, they're PR meant to sell the game. What, do you think they're going to come out and say "Kalos is crap, we haven't done enough with the region so we're going to go back and make another game and screw everyone who bought XY"? Of course not, they want as many people to buy XY as possible, so they're going to play it up and say it's good to encourage you to buy it. It's highly unlikely that they're really looking at XY with pride, they know there's more they can do with it better than any of us.

I mean, I myself had high hopes for how they would "update" Hoenn and make use of all it had to offer. And look at how that turned out. They packed Lumiose into a box and renamed it Mauville, replaced the Abandoned Ship with an Abandoned Oil Rig, and grafittied all over the Sky Pillar. And didn't even bother to change up the Regional Pokédex, either.

They've had extra time to work on this one. There's less reason for it to be as underwhelming as ORAS.

I think I need to emphasize this: I am not ruling anything out completely. I never discount the possibility that I could be completely, totally, magnificently wrong. "Z" is, in my mind, possible, but only remotely. I think that it creates more problems than it solves, and would not offer much substantial value to the game series. Based on what I have seen, I have come to feel that a new generation seems more probable. But that is only in my view, which is not necessarily the correct one, or the most informed one.

Again, I think if you're not seeing the value another Kalos game can provide, you're not being open-minded enough to think of the possibilities. There's plenty of ways for them to justify another game. We're going to get 7th gen anyway, so why rush straight to it when they can do so much more with Kalos?

Kiloude City is described as a Southern area of Kalos in-game. It's kind of secluded too, surrounded by mountains on maps.

Looking at Kalos' art map & in-game map, both display mountain ranges on Kalos' southern borders and effectively block it off. I think unless there is some way to pass the mountains (Like the Magnet Train in Johto games) or possibly through the mountain (Like in Mt. Coronet in Sinnoh) or going around the mountain by boat, then I'm not exactly sure how one would travel between Kalos and this potential new sub-region.

There's a simple way around that. Volcanion is said to have the power to destroy mountains with his steam cannon things. So just have him blow up those mountains and then it's smooth sailing between North and South Kalos.

EDIT: Actually, I like this idea for justifying the addition of Southern Kalos and new Pokemon in the story. They didn't exist in XY because they were cut off by the mountains.

Last edited:
Some people really seem drive themselves on believing GF wants to see us hurt, in pain, saddened, and desperate. What is so wrong about knowing about Zygarde's forms now, only to have them in a game maybe (max) a year later? The only information we have, is from the anime, and I have been watching heavily. It's literally still shrouded in mystery, the fact that Zygarde has these amazing, cellular, life, powers, energy, whatever you wanna call it.

We don't even know how each core reaches full potential, if we will need them all, or even if every Zygarde core, can take every form.
It's brilliant, way to go GF, I'm still on the egde of my seat, and when they announce the potential 'Z', I have my ticket for the hype train, I will not be conceited and I will appreciate the way they've prolonged this in a mysterious, sometimes daunting, awesome way.

ZYGARDE HAS MULTIPLE FORMS; what LOGIC, leads you to believe they are done, it was a filler for the anime, and it's all over, like screw the entire concept, WHAT logic?

They've had extra time to work on this one. There's less reason for it to be as underwhelming as ORAS.
I don't think there has been an underwhelming main series Pokemon game. Ever. Maybe the original Ruby and Sapphire because of the incompatibility with previous gens, but that's it.

Calling ORAS, or even XY, underwhelming is just having no notion of the general reception of those games. Both are loved by the majority of players.

Also, if it's a Gen VII game what they are making atm, they haven't had more time to work on it, considering the amount of work that needs to be put into a gen beginning game. XY took longer, for instance.

Last edited:
I don't quite agree with everything that Endolise is suggesting, but he's at least being good about making it clear that it's just his opinion and that it's neither right or wrong. Several other people(not necessarily here) that I've seen suggesting the same exact things have been touting it as absolute fact, that they are right and everybody else is wrong. It's even worse when they display a condescending or even elitist attitude about it, using phrases like "I can't believe people didn't even bother to notice this". Excuse me for not being perfect like you are, sir/ma'am.

A rule of thumb that I've learned is that when you're voicing your opinion, use key words and phrases like "I think", "In my opinion", ect. If you don't even bother to make it clear that it's just an opinion, people are going to slam you and accuse you of pulling stuff out of your ass without validation.

BUT ENOUGH ABOUT THAT... does anybody know if we got a possible Direct coming up? I just finished watching the Direct that announced X/Y and it gave me chills.

BUT ENOUGH ABOUT THAT... does anybody know if we got a possible Direct coming up? I just finished watching the Direct that announced X/Y and it gave me chills.

There's been no official word on a Direct yet, but there's a lot of games Nintendo needs to promote for the Spring, so the assumption is that there will be one sometime in February.

Don't count on this game being announced through a Direct though, XY is likely a special case because it was a new generation, main games are never covered in Nintendo Directs except when a companion app is being announced or at E3. Unless they're doing a special 20th anniversary title, but I wouldn't count on that either since they treat anniversaries as business as usual when it comes to main game releases.

Well, after seeing all these comments, (and I'm fairly new here) I'd like to share some neat facts they could do with a possible Southern Kalos.
For me, I don't see 7th Gen as the next game we're getting next. I'd like them to finish up 6th Gen as how it's SUPPOSED to be, no matter how "boring" some people think it'll be. GF has been going through some unpredictable patterns, and Kalos is no different than this.

If the full Kalos region with a possible Southern Kalos could look like "L'hexagone" the main shape of the region of France. After all, in X and Y, we only have half of Zygarde's true potential and pretty much, half of Kalos. Perfect (Complete) Zygarde seems to represent it's own region due to it's royal appearance by it's crown-head, and the tons of Hexagons on it's body embodies the "L'hexagone" concept.
It fits in very well with the monarchical focus of Kalos's (France) culture. Almost as if Zygarde is the Pokémon equivalent of a Kalosian king, keeping watch over the entire region And it's name is a portmanteau from Zygote, and either guard,/gard, from Midgard. A Zygote is the most basic developmental stage in multi cellular organisms, containing all the genetic information to create a new individual.During the development process, the organism copies itself through mitosis, and eventually all these copies fuse together to create the new individual, it's kind of the reoccurring theme of biology, since in the Japanese X and Y titles, it has a rainbow DNA-like symbol in it, which is Mega-Evolution. In single celled organisms however, they divide asexually through Mitosis. If you look at the animation of Thousand Waves, I'd say that represents the sole concept of the Zygote. Zygarde seems like it's splitting itself into all these little Hexagons, and then they all form together to not create a new being, but a big wave.

Let's be honest here, compared to what ORAS could have been, they are tremendously underwhelming.

XY are just fine though.

Let's be honest here, compared to what ORAS could have been, they are tremendously underwhelming.

XY are just fine though.

You can say that both could've been a lot better than they were. XY could've used a lot more extra content and post game areas to flesh itself out, but instead gave us a bare minimum post game the likes of which we hadn't seen since 2nd or 3rd gen. If they'd have had that, then maybe you could make the argument that they feel like complete games, but I don't think anyone can say with a straight face that XY is "fine", especially if you compare them to what we've gotten in past generation debut games like DP or BW1.

Anybody wondering what the "world exclusive scoop poster" in next month's CoroCoro supposed to be? When I think of a poster when it comes to Pokemon, I think of the anime and movies.

As for the "major announcement" bit of it... I'm not even going to go there. Despite what Serebii continues to stress about it being only about the movie, I'm not going to either agree or disagree with it. I'll give the guy credit that he's accurate, but he's still human like the rest of us... they may or may not have gotten that translation right, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom