• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
With that logic, Genesect is in December as well, so what, the gen starts sometime in the early next year?
Meloetta's event is in December, and since it is a Wi-Fi one there won't be any awkward scenario where people have to take an old game to a store selling a new one.

Black Friday is the best time for a launch, anyway.

eh....not really.

Exactly. The best time is just before summer vacation, since kids will (probably) be locked up in their rooms playing video games anyway, and what better graduation present than a Pokémon game? Relatively inexpensive, a surefire winner, and guaranteed to keep your kid from bugging you for 4 or so days.

Whatever the next game is called, I expected an altered story or new story and a good post game. The only possible new pokemon I can see happening is a mythical pokemon being available to catch without event. Possibly Volcanion but unlikely.

eh....not really.
The holiday season is the period when people are most inclined to spend money. It is no coincidence that so many successful games are released then. Since the main series Pokémon games can obviously compete with other games, Q4 is indeed ideal. This doesn't mean that they always have to be released then, but it's fairly clear that this year will not be an exception.

I could see a main series release at the end of the year. If the 20th anniversary is going to be a year-long celebration, it would be a perfect cap off.

The holiday season is the period when people are most inclined to spend money. It is no coincidence that so many successful games are released then. Since the main series Pokémon games can obviously compete with other games, Q4 is indeed ideal. This doesn't mean that they always have to be released then, but it's fairly clear that this year will not be an exception.
at any rate, yes, the holiday season is a good time to release a game but the timing needs to be appropriate. you want it early enough to take advantage of Black Friday/Cyber Monday without it being too early (ie., too few people buy it on those shopping holidays).

perhaps i was reading too literally though.

I am starting to think that it´s really unlikely they are giving us Z (a third version game). I am 99% convinced we are NOT getting a game with XY´s plot tweaked to make room for Zygarde. If it´s Kalos, it´s gonna be unrelated to XY. New plot.

So,either a Kalos revisit with a whole new plot, a Kanto revisit, or a new generation.

I am starting to think that it´s really unlikely they are giving us Z (a third version game). I am 99% convinced we are NOT getting a game with XY´s plot tweaked to make room for Zygarde. If it´s Kalos, it´s gonna be unrelated to XY. New plot.

So,either a Kalos revisit with a whole new plot, a Kanto revisit, or a new generation.

Kalos revisit - yes. Kanto revisit - no because RBY on virtual console and Kanto show up too many times. Gen 7 - unlikely but more likely than gen 6.5.

Whatever the next game is called, I expected an altered story or new story and a good post game. The only possible new pokemon I can see happening is a mythical pokemon being available to catch without event. Possibly Volcanion but unlikely.

How would they distinguish that as a mythical Pokemon then and not just an ordinary legendary Pokemon?

I am sure there is a lot to do in Kalos, and a lot to justify an other game there, but at the same time, I am not that interested in the idea. I would rather have a different Gen VI finale, or Gen VII.

How would they distinguish that as a mythical Pokemon then and not just an ordinary legendary Pokemon?

Volcanion is the last Kalos and the last pokemon in national dex. I was just speculating but it is most likely event only.

I am sure there is a lot to do in Kalos, and a lot to justify an other game there, but at the same time, I am not that interested in the idea. I would rather have a different Gen VI finale, or Gen VII.
i've said it before and i'll say it again: but couldn't that be said about Gens III, IV, and V before Emerald, Platinum, and BW2, the (typically) most highly praised games of their generations?

i've said it before and i'll say it again: but couldn't that be said about Gens III, IV, and V before Emerald, Platinum, and BW2, the (typically) most highly praised games of their generations?
It could, and I said it a few pages back.

so then why bother (you or anyone else) bringing it up?
The difference is completely personal: I was willing to stay in Johto, Hoenn or Unova as long as possible, because I enjoy those regions alot, so a second game there was a great excuse to do stay longer, while I am a bit tired of Kalos.

Basically, I wasn't bringing anything up generally, only expressing my personal feeling towards the situation: An other Kalos based game is more than logical and even fair (to respect Kalos fans), but I would rather visit an other region, either past or new, personally.

Last edited:
Like I said earlier, if they want to end the pattern of having a third version/sequel, they have to nail it the first time. They cannot leave any loose ends or else people will see that the games are half-assed and stop buying.

I completely agree with the first part of your comment, but the second part is not true and you know it.

Nobody is going to stop buying the games because of plot inconsistencies and loose ends. People buy the games for the adventure, excitement, exploration, battles, cool designs... Not plot consistency.

The difference is completely personal: I was willing to stay in Johto, Hoenn or Unova as long as possible, because I enjoy those regions alot, while I am a bit tired of Kalos.

Basically, I wasn't bringing anything up generally, only expressing my personal feeling towards the situation: An other Kalos based game is more than logical and even fair (to respect Kalos fans), but I would rather visit an other region, either past or new, personally.
idk. i wasn't trying to attack you or anything, i just feel like it's really myopic to be disinterested in a final Kalos game (or really any third version and third version equivalent) because of tiredness. after all, Game Freak's track record shows that despite at best lukewarm reception to each new region when they're introduced, the third versions (and equivalents) always warm people up to them substantially.
Like I said earlier, if they want to end the pattern of having a third version/sequel, they have to nail it the first time. They cannot leave any loose ends or else people will see that the games are half-assed and stop buying.
i honestly feel like that's more easily said than done. fans are both the most hypercritical and most forgiving in arbitrary circumstances. i don't really think there'd be much of any way to have a 'perfect' first entry in a new generation simply because fans would find things to dislike (regardless of whether the fans are or are not justified in their criticisms).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom