• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
30 new Pokemon, starters and legendaries along with staples like fossils and birds, alongside new megas only till everything is covered. I wpuld;vt even be mad, by then I'd be 50 and probably done with the series.

If anything, I would probably be playing it with my kid, so yeah, I'd still have connections I guess.

On a more speculative note, with them being Nonchalant about Perfect Zygrde being in the movie, at least it looks that way to me, I wonder if maybe they ARE gonna use Eternal Floette. Or hell, maybe, Eternal Florges? Run with me for a second. What if in the new games you obtain Floette, and because of story reasons or otherwise, you can evolve Eternal Floette. In reality Eternal Florges is more or less Mega Floges, but permanent. Because of all the infinite energy running in E. Floette, but not being a FE Pokemon, instead of a proper evolution, its in reality a PermaMega.

Making the National Pokedex is going to take ages if the number goes sky high.

The only solution I can see in the future would be to only introduce new sets of Pokemon like BW did, and all the fan- favourites. But this would piss off a lot of people. It's only reasonable that GF introduced less Pokemon in XY, and I think they will continue doing that in the future.

Nope. Most people have been playing/migrating their Pokémon since Generation 3, if you don't have at least 500 of the 721 at this point, you never will. Completing the National Pokédex is easy, especially if you have all Gen. 6 games and managed to snag all the event-exlcusive Pokémon.

As each generation is introduced, you only have to collect the new Pokémon and migrate the old. Simple enough.

Also anyone noticed the background to that poster. Full of Zygardes hexagons but in red.

I already suggested the idea about Eternal Florges think it could definitely be a thing.

Nope. Most people have been playing/migrating their Pokémon since Generation 3, if you don't have at least 500 of the 721 at this point, you never will. Completing the National Pokédex is easy, especially if you have all Gen. 6 games and managed to snag all the event-exlcusive Pokémon.

As each generation is introduced, you only have to collect the new Pokémon and migrate the old. Simple enough.
But that's still a lot. I mean, I didn't say it's hard to obtain them, I just mean there will end up being too many Pokemon even to remember, let alone collect xD

Not to mention there are less and less ideas for new mons unexplored by Game Freak already. It's only logical to introduce less than before. Also, Mega Evolutions make up for it imo.

But that's still a lot. I mean, I didn't say it's hard to ontain them, I just mean there will end up being too many Pokemon even to remember, let alone collect xD

Not to mention there are less and less ideas for new mons unexplored. It's only logical to introduce less than before. Also, Mega Evolutions were surely created with the purpose of serving as new Pokemon, in people's eyes.
Except they don't serve as new pokemon in people's eyes.

Also there's tons of ideas for new Pokemon unexplored and I don't agree with you that they will stop producing games one day when they say oh no we got too many. Yugioh has thousands of cards they're still going. In the past they've even said in the anime etc no one knows how many pokemon there are there could be 1000s, there's 1000s of different types of animals and species and breeds in real life.

Pokemon won't end just because a few fans don't want to have to catch too many to catch em all

Except they don't serve as new pokemon in people's eyes.

Also there's tons of ideas for new Pokemon unexplored and I don't agree with you that they will stop producing games one day when they say oh no we got too many. Yugioh has thousands of cards they're still going. In the past they've even said in the anime etc no one knows how many pokemon there are there could be 1000s, there's 1000s of different types of animals and species and breeds in real life.

Pokemon won't end just because a few fans don't want to have to catch too many to catch em all

Personally, the more Pokemon they introduce, the nicer. It makes generations more fleshed out. But if they start introducing smaller portions of Pokemon per generation, it wouldn't be a big deal for me, as long as I still have my favourites in the game, and as long as the actual gameplay is great. There is more to the Pokemon games than constantly introducing a shit load of new mons.

PD Mega Evolutions are in essence not much different from normal evolutions.
And if you haven't figured out why Game Freak introduced the concept, I suggest you think again. ;)

Last edited:
Also anyone noticed the background to that poster. Full of Zygardes hexagons but in red.

Good eye. I didn't even notice that.

What is the 3 cores represent the 3 portions of Kalos: Coast, Mountain, Central? And we have 3 formes already: 10%, 50% and 100%.

I personally don't think the shades are two extra cores. I think the shades are meant to be a representation of the fusions between formes: Doggarde to 50, and 50 to Perfect.

Not to mention there are less and less ideas for new mons unexplored by Game Freak already.

tumblr_m8qf8kqzWo1r3ty02o1_500.gif

There's 3 major categories GameFreak bases their Pokémon on: animals, objects and abstract ideas. There's millions and millions of species on Earth, and that's without counting the mythological creatures they routinely base their Pokémon off of, as well as obvious chimeras. There's untold amounts of inanimate objects that they could base Pokémon off of. Fire/Poison Fireworks, Electric Batteries, Fairy unicorns.

And then there's ideologies. Reshiram and Zekrom are based off of yin and yang, for example.

There's at least enough ideas for 10,000 Pokémon. Wether or not they make that many is up to them, but they have enough for it. Bookmark me.

I already suggested the idea about Eternal Florges think it could definitely be a thing.
Good catch, Hexagons on the poster as well as Perfect Zygarde. I definitely think its going to be in the movie, but yet again, I do think its gonna be secondary or even third to Volcanion and its Co-Star. Which makes me even more anxious to see whst can be more important then the Kalos Protector and the walking Steam Bomb. I really don't want it, but a gen 7 Pokemon does make the most sense at this point.

tumblr_m8qf8kqzWo1r3ty02o1_500.gif

There's 3 major categories GameFreak bases their Pokémon on: animals, objects and abstract ideas. There's millions and millions of species on Earth, and that's without counting the mythological creatures they routinely base their Pokémon off of, as well as obvious chimeras. There's untold amounts of inanimate objects that they could base Pokémon off of. Fire/Poison Fireworks, Electric Batteries, Fairy unicorns.

And then there's ideologies. Reshiram and Zekrom are based off of yin and yang, for example.

There's at least enough ideas for 10,000 Pokémon. Wether or not they make that many is up to them, but they have enough for it. Bookmark me.
Ok, Britney, relax. :p

No seriously, I think GF have a lot of ideas to use yet, but they like saving some for later. And not all possible designs will get in the games. They are very strict with their design quality. (most of the time)

Last edited:
Ok, Britney :p

No seriously, I think GF have a lot of ideas to use yet, but they like saving some for later. And not all possible designs will get in the games. They are very strict with tgeir design quality.

Munna being hinted at in Generation 1 of all places, with Tirtouga being meant for Generation 2 and Shellos and Gastrodon being originally meant for Hoenn strongly implies that if a design doesn't get in at first, they save it until the proper place to use it.

And yes, Britney slays.

Ok, Britney, relax. :p

No seriously, I think GF have a lot of ideas to use yet, but they like saving some for later. And not all possible designs will get in the games. They are very strict with their design quality.
250px-688Binacle.png

I knew someone was going to try prove this statement wrong xD
Munna being hinted at in Generation 1 of all places, with Tirtouga being meant for Generation 2 and Shellos and Gastrodon being originally meant for Hoenn strongly implies that if a design doesn't get in at first, they save it until the proper place to use it.

And yes, Britney slays.
Touche xD

Christina > Britney

Last edited:
Those red hexagons... That's interesting.

Volcanion/Zygarde fusion?

Instead of doing sentient magnets, ice cream cones, swords, or gears, they actually made a multiple Pokemon on an actual creature, and one that makes sense to boot. Dugtrio, and Dodrio are ridiculous in comparison. And I also love Aegislash. I really want a Mega, one of my Favorite gen 6 Pokemon.

You must spill the beans on what you think it is now! ;)

Never. Once you're this deep in you're never escaping its grip :p
The fact that they're giving the Volcanion medal early suggest that he's being treated as a secondary prize with the true star of the movie being left as the true prize. I guess it's a new Mon after all since they're hyping up it's medal. Granted there're two other possibilities that I've been thinking this could be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom