• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If a new brand of mega is too much, then they could really have just retooled megas to work without stones. I mean we have enough stones to create a submenu for them in the bag, and its only going to get worse. Why they wouldn't do that in the firdt place, who knows. It sounds kinda stupid to be honest. We really need info from the gamed if its gonna be featured in em.

But on the other hand, no mega stone, and everything can have a hold item. I want to see they type of hell this can create out of pure curiosity.

On the subject of megas, I wonder if Jynx will ever get the mega love she deserves. Probably not, but I can dream.

Sorry for the double post, but the megabowl Anime just aired and Satoshi Greninja basically just got teased as a form of mega evolution. Or at the least its fueled by the same force. Which is pretty insane, ash has no keystone. Oh and apparently Team Flare needs the cores and cells to power giant cannons that grow giant fucking trees out of nowhere. Because why the hell not.

Firing out massive trees is probably a bit more family friendly than firing out destructive energy bursts.

Ash-Greninja being a mega evolution/a branch-off of ME is not surprising. I think we all called it when we saw it.

On the subject of megas, I wonder if Jynx will ever get the mega love she deserves. Probably not, but I can dream.

Firing out massive trees is probably a bit more family friendly than firing out destructive energy bursts.

Ash-Greninja being a mega evolution/a branch-off of ME is not surprising. I think we all called it when we saw it.
Family Friendly how exactly? Cause from the looks of it, the cannon dedtroyed whatever was on the island to make room for the trees. Its interesting if the goal for Anime TF is a Zygarde Fueled cannon built by themselves, and not the infinite weapon powered by the duo. Mostly cause that would mean AZ's plot is irrelevant to the TF plot, which does open way for them to use it for a movie. If you catch my drift. But yeah, we are entering new story ground here, and I wonder if the Anime is making things up along the way 100%, or if there is some actual basis for it.

I think that tree mega evolved... forced mega evolution is coming ya'll!
They were talking about the beam having mega evolution energy, they need to use that beam on a Farfetch'd NOW!

You just gave me a brilliant idea. In the sequels, you have to recapture Xerneas and Yveltal to go against Zygarde. It powers up into perfect Zygarde and learns two moves. Depending on your legendary, it uses Waves or Arrows. Now, what is Arrows and Waves move animation? Hundreds of Hexagons. Damaging your legendary quite a bit, but not KOing it, you get a surprise message and cutscene in battle from Xerneas/Yveltal before you attack. Zygarde Perfect's attack overloaded the emergy flowing through em, triggering Mega evolutions, which would let them beat Zygarde. That or the reverse, you obtain Zygarde Perfect to defeat Team Flare, only to attack THEIR legendary and trigger the mega, making things extremely hard for you.

You just gave me a brilliant idea. In the sequels, you have to recapture Xerneas and Yveltal to go against Zygarde. It powers up into perfect Zygarde and learns two moves. Depending on your legendary, it uses Waves or Arrows. Now, what is Arrows and Waves move animation? Hundreds of Hexagons. Damaging your legendary quite a bit, but not KOing it, you get a surprise message and cutscene in battle from Xerneas/Yveltal before you attack. Zygarde Perfect's attack overloaded the emergy flowing through em, triggering Mega evolutions, which would let them beat Zygarde. That or the reverse, you obtain Zygarde Perfect to defeat Team Flare, only to attack THEIR legendary and trigger the mega, making things extremely hard for you.
Damn son. You convinced me. Now I can have an excuse to have an OP Znake/OptimuZ Prime (get the pun... Haha... No I'm crazy) to sweep the meta with!!!! *giggles maniatically* Now X-Deer and Y-vern Bird also have an excuse to have the same friggin stats to be on the same level with Kyogre and Groudon!!!! #KaloZforthewin

I hope we get an announcement soon. It's getting kind of sad that we have to use the anime as a basis for Zygarde-centric speculation for the upcoming game.

I agree about there being a vibe too... but if we don't hear anything this month, I'm almost certain March may have something; GO is supposed to be shown off in San Francisco next month, and I just about bet that it's going to work in conjunction with "Z" like how the Pokewalker/HGSS and Dream Radar/BW2 worked. There's also a bunch of Zygarde merchandise that's due for release in March, and the XY&Z anime starts airing in 2 weeks here in the US.

It's getting kind of sad that we have to use the anime as a basis for Zygarde-centric speculation for the upcoming game.

Well, they haven't given much else to speculate with, have they? They've been somewhat tight lipped about whatever's coming next.

Family Friendly how exactly? Cause from the looks of it, the cannon dedtroyed whatever was on the island to make room for the trees. Its interesting if the goal for Anime TF is a Zygarde Fueled cannon built by themselves, and not the infinite weapon powered by the duo. Mostly cause that would mean AZ's plot is irrelevant to the TF plot, which does open way for them to use it for a movie. If you catch my drift. But yeah, we are entering new story ground here, and I wonder if the Anime is making things up along the way 100%, or if there is some actual basis for it.

True, although I haven't seen that footage yet. Weird that they're going around planting trees with some overgrown party cannon though.

TEAM TREE CONFIRMED?!

I hope the anime is just making its own plot up. That'd make whatever comes next in terms of game plot a surprise that they haven't alluded to too much.

Who says Ash Greninja will be able to hold an item? I'd imagine they'd force it to not have an item slot to prevent it from being overpowered.

110px-384Rayquaza-Mega.png

You were saying?

So apparently Ash -Greninja is emitting Mega evolution -like energy and has a bond that exceeds that of Mega evolution. My Japanese friends and I definitely feel it's going to be playing a role in the next games without a doubt. Also as Joe Merrick pointed out the way they're describing this concept gives allusion to the way GF explained Mega evolution in that September Direct three years ago. I now have no more doubt in my mind.

Honestly after today's episode, I think a game announcement is coming in the upcoming weeks. The movie is going to have its trump card revealed, they are slowly giving us info on Satoshi Greninja, and Zygarde plot is escalating in the background. There is a limit to how mich uncharted territory they can dive into before the Anime has to delay the plot to allow the games to come out and use more concrete stuff. Yes the Anime plot is original and usually has no relation to tye game plot, but its supposed to be an alternative take on the source material. Without that, being something on its own could be detrimental, as it would have to ignore anything new, be it characters, lore or locations. So yeah, I think if we get a reveal this month and a Launch in June, the 3 months from now till then won't do much harm, its like 12 episodes, they can fill that time. But I can't see them holding off the plot till, say, September, which would be 24 episodes. Andbyou have to consider how they woulf position the TF arc to not be close to the league, which would be weird.
I know it sounds like I'm rambling, but I'm not.

I don't see Ash-Greninja in the games being anything more than a one-time gimmick like cosplay Pikachu. First of all there's no Ash in the games. Second how do they implement a Trainer-Pokemon fusion mechanic when we have customization and PCs changing every generation? And to be honest I wouldn't like a mechanic like that either.

June is technically summer, and if revealed this month, the coverage period would be akin to B2W2. Which is pefectly acceptable in my books. 3 months of coverage is more then enough, and instead of having all the megas revealed over a period of 5 months, I could see like only 8 or so being revealed with like another 20 to be discovered in game.

This would be fantastic. I really hope this is how it turns out.

I don't see Ash-Greninja in the games being anything more than a one-time gimmick like cosplay Pikachu. First of all there's no Ash in the games. Second how do they implement a Trainer-Pokemon fusion mechanic when we have customization and PCs changing every generation? And to be honest I wouldn't like a mechanic like that either.
I believe GF has the power to implement such a feature. The only thing it requires is *hard work * and it could be more or less an extension of Amie which allows us to sync with our Pokémon anyway. Much like Zygarde perhaps certain features will be expanded upon to flush them out more.

Who says that's what Ash Greninja is going to be like?

We know Hero Greninja seems to have the same colors as Ash Greninja - the red and black were shown in its picture. So that might not be the case.

Tbh the whole idea sounds nice on paper, but I feel like it'd be really messy if they tried to do it.

Last edited:
I believe GF has the power to implement such a feature. The only thing it requires is *hard work * and it could be more or less an extension of Amie which allows us to sync with our Pokémon anyway. Much like Zygarde perhaps certain features will be expanded upon to flush them out more.

Yeah, Amie could definitely use more of a purpose, it kind of feels redundant next to happiness and all it gives now is a handful of in game stat boosts. Relating it to Mega Evolution is a great way to give it some use.

Amie not being used for Mega Evolution is a big oversight. Like you tell us Mega Evolution is the result of your bond with your Pokemon. And in the same gen, you introduce a game mechanic that involves playing with your Pokemon, and gain its trust and love for you in a way thst gives it bonuses for battles. But you don't connect the two, and just have megas be a push of a button, no matter how mistreated or ignored the Pokemon is? Okay. I really want this alleviated in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom