• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh but making players earn the megas by forcing us to use Amie could be too difficult for the casuals. It's easier to just be able to use Mega Evolution from the get go.

I don't see Amie being used for mega evolution. I prefer mega evolutions by stones since it is easier. Anyway, I like Noivern, Dragalge, Tyrantrum and Goodra to have mega evolutions in Z.

Yeah, Amie could definitely use more of a purpose, it kind of feels redundant next to happiness and all it gives now is a handful of in game stat boosts. Relating it to Mega Evolution is a great way to give it some use.
I completely agree. After all the preaching about friendship it makes no sense to capture a random Pinsir and mega evolve it off the back

Oh but making players earn the megas by forcing us to use Amie could be too difficult for the casuals. It's easier to just be able to use Mega Evolution from the get go.

Nope. Nope. Nope. I'm done with them catering to casuals and simplicity. It is not that hard to make Mega Evolution exclusive to Pokémon who have 1 heart in Pokémon-A-Mie.

You get the necessary Stone, the necessary Pokémon and you get that Pokémon to at least 3 hearts (out of the 5 hearts) in Pokémon Amie as well as maximum friendship, with Mega Evolution for that specific Pokémon opening up after meeting that criteria.

And in online play, any Pokémon can Mega Evolve instantly like they can do in-game right now.

It is not that difficult at all. You're always praising OR/AS, which contains the most difficult legendary puzzle of all the franchise, so you should definitely be on board with more difficulty.

I believe GF has the power to implement such a feature. The only thing it requires is *hard work * and it could be more or less an extension of Amie which allows us to sync with our Pokémon anyway. Much like Zygarde perhaps certain features will be expanded upon to flush them out more.

I'm not against linking Amie to Mega evolution but I'd prefer it if they used their time and resources to make actual Megas or add more features to the game than make a bunch of gimmicky Greninja (or other Pokemon) forms that look like the player.

Nope. Nope. Nope. I'm done with them catering to casuals and simplicity. It is not that hard to make Mega Evolution exclusive to Pokémon who have 1 heart in Pokémon-A-Mie.

You get the necessary Stone, the necessary Pokémon and you get that Pokémon to at least 3 hearts (out of the 5 hearts) in Pokémon Amie as well as maximum friendship, with Mega Evolution for that specific Pokémon opening up after meeting that criteria.

And in online play, any Pokémon can Mega Evolve instantly like they can do in-game right now.

It is not that difficult at all. You're always praising OR/AS, which contains the most difficult legendary puzzle of all the franchise, so you should definitely be on board with more difficulty.
I'm not saying I dislike the mechanic, but GF doesn't like mechanics that would annoy the smartphone fans.

And yeah, the Regis have a cool mechanic.

Can't stop Game Freak from making the games easier. I hope the legendary birds are no longer restricted to starter choice and roaming in Z.

I'd love (or would have) for Amie & mega evolution to be connected, it is pretty weird they didn't make that connection lol.

If they get rid of mega stones and just have a single 'stone' though, there would be other changes to make, like; At what point in the game do you make mega evolution possible for the player (I'd prefer after the 5th gym), and I guess that the single stone would have to be kept in the bag to allow any Pokémon to mega evolve... as holding it would make it annoying because you'd have to move it between Pokémon and, there's battle box, so no? They'd have to just say screw it and let it happen, and God only knows about the item situation at this point, but if that were to happen that items would remain whilst mega evolved; it would be a different kind of OP for the metagame lol.

I don't mind them connecting future Mega Evolutions to Pokemon-Amie - it'd be odd to remove the Stones for the XY/ORAS ones, though.

I don't really see what's wrong with them being connected as we already have one Pokemon locked behind Amie, surely there's more?

EDIT: When you think about it, it'd only be a pain for people who want to 100% the Pokedex and they include forms and Megas.

I'm not saying I dislike the mechanic, but GF doesn't like mechanics that would annoy the smartphone fans.

And yeah, the Regis have a cool mechanic.
My boys and I are as casual as they come and even we were kinda stumped that getting a mega was so easy. We're aren't children that need hand holding but rather gamers who are just looking to examine every game we may play just for fun.

My boys and I are as casual as they come and even we were kinda stumped that getting a mega was so easy. We're aren't children that need hand holding but rather gamers who are just looking to examine every game we may play just for fun.

Finally, someone from this actual demographic confirms that GF is doing it far too easily.

Finally, someone from this actual demographic confirms that GF is doing it far too easily.
Yeah my family is really casual ( smart phone stuff) but my friends, neighbors, and relatives all love Pokémon to death and we're all equally upset about the BF because we're in it for the single Player experience and we were hoping it'd be back especially since they could've added new brains to go with some of the more recent battle styles.

Amie not being used for Mega Evolution is a big oversight. Like you tell us Mega Evolution is the result of your bond with your Pokemon. And in the same gen, you introduce a game mechanic that involves playing with your Pokemon, and gain its trust and love for you in a way thst gives it bonuses for battles. But you don't connect the two, and just have megas be a push of a button, no matter how mistreated or ignored the Pokemon is? Okay. I really want this alleviated in some way.

I think you may be looking at this wrong. It might not be an oversight but part of 1 continuous story. So they are showing how it went from requiring stones to not requiring stones. Not necesarily an oversight, they've just not finished telling us the full story yet.

And there is so much in XY that gives this vibe. that we are halfway through the story.

Family Friendly how exactly? Cause from the looks of it, the cannon dedtroyed whatever was on the island to make room for the trees. Its interesting if the goal for Anime TF is a Zygarde Fueled cannon built by themselves, and not the infinite weapon powered by the duo. Mostly cause that would mean AZ's plot is irrelevant to the TF plot, which does open way for them to use it for a movie. If you catch my drift. But yeah, we are entering new story ground here, and I wonder if the Anime is making things up along the way 100%, or if there is some actual basis for it.

I've been thinking since Zygarde's formes and involvement in the anime were revealed that the next game might use a somewhat different version of Flare's story, involving Zygarde. The tree thing might be hinting towards that. Could the Zygarde cannon simultaneously have powers of both life and death, fitting with Zygarde as the balance between Xerneas and Yveltal? Parts of the giant tree have an autumnal look, which is very unusual for the anime, and I think that's significant. The anime version of the Poke-world is usually shown as having a permanently-mild climate, with autumn and winter only appearing at high altitudes. The reddish-brown leaves could mean that those parts of the tree are dead. I'm wondering though, what are Team Flare going to do with the megalith from Hoenn? Are they going to combine it with the Zygarde cannon, or could they have more than one superweapon?

I never bought the idea that Ash Greninja was going to be exclusive to the anime and this episode further convinced me of that. I could see its appearance being slightly different in-game but I have very little doubt it's going to be included.

it's really not that hard. at its worst, it is time consuming, especially if you suck at the mini-games.
I completely agree. After all the preaching about friendship it makes no sense to capture a random Pinsir and mega evolve it off the back
gameplay and story segregation. Dodrio runs at 40 MPH, but Arcanine can run 6,200 miles in one day....and Arcanine is slower than Dodrio.

I'd like for the plot in Z to change so that after you beat the 8th gym you're forced to leave the region to pokespain or pokegermany where you defeat TF, catch Zygarde and make your way back to Kiloude city where you can take the train back to the mainland. You then reach the league heading east from limiose.

Well, mega evolution is meant to occur with the right mega stone and a good friendship level, so if they let Pokemon only mega-evolve if they had a star in Amie or had a certain happiness level, I'd be happy with that. Just a small challenge.

Someone pointed this out earlier, but I just couldn't believe it but they werecorrect. We get a 3rd instalment type thing every 4 years. It stretches back even further than they suggested.

(All dates are Japanese)
Pokemon Gen 6 finale is almost certainly 2016

Gen 5 Pokemon Black2/White2 - June 2012

Gen 4 Pokemon Platinum - September 2008

Gen 3 Pokemon Emerald - September 2004

Gen 2 Pokemon Crystal - December 2000

And here's the part they missed, they only went back to 2000, now internationally we all got Yellow as the third version which was September 1998 BUT of course in Japan actually it wasn't yellow that was 3rd, it was Blue

Gen 1 Pokemon Blue - October 1996

20 years of Pokemon, and each 4th year without fail (so far there's been a 3rd instalment type game, 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012... 2016?

If they are doing a September release as seems most common, they'd need to reveal it no later than May. (All games have had a 4 month promotion window at least.) It would also be almost exactly 17 months after the release of ORAS (18 to be precise) so within the 17 to 20 month gap that has been in previous gens (not incredibly late or delayed as some suggest.)

But obviously, I'm hoping, Gen 5 shifted things slightly, and we see the games in June, which would mean, a reveal no later than... FEBRUARY!

The same month of the 20th anniversary, the same month we're getting news to effect the whole world (like their XY buildup) the same month things have started to pick up in the anime (and we know its not ending in March ;) ) the same month the anime returns for XYZ in the West.

In fact I think with some simple logic we can make a pretty good guess at the timeline for the next 6 years.

2016 - Z (or equivalent, ZX/ZY,AZ,Eternal,... how about Z1 and Z2 after the Flare nicknames for Cores?
2017 - new Gen 7 pair (obviously)
2018 - Dp remakes (like ORAS 12 years after original release)
2019 - year long break (happens every 4 years, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2015 etc, and after a string of 3 years with annual releases)
2020 - Gen 7 final instalment (continuing the 4 year pattern and just like Gen 6, 5, 3, 2, 1 ending with it (0nly gen 4 had remakes after 3rd instalment)
2021 - new Gen 8 pair

And from then on I lose the pattern, will there be Gen 5 remakes, if so will they do sequels, how will they handle that, etc

Last edited:
I don't think having Pokemon Mega-evolve through Amie would be bad at all. We already have Eevee's method of evolving into Sylveon, so I don't see a problem. Having the Kalos starters get their Mega-Evolution variants through Amie would be pretty awesome, and I agree that it would add more purpose to what the bond between humans and Pokemon are all about.

And just my two cents, but I'm getting really sick of seeing negative connotations being thrown around about the "casual" players. Gee, I'm sorry that I have a life outside of the Pokemon fandom, but I don't think that should mean I'm not a "true" fan because I don't have the time to do all the extra "hardcore" stuff. I've been playing these damn games since Crystal, and I will continue to play Pokemon until I turn into a senile old lady who sits in a nursing home, driving the nursing staff completely bonkers with my ramblings about Genwunners and Mudkipz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom