• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely think the reveal will be very soon. I expect a February/March announcement (end of March at the absolute latest, I think early/mid March is more likely. Maybe before Coro-coro?). Then, after this Feb/March announcement, I am thinking we should get the game release sometime in June, give or take an extra week buffer.

I want to know what game we are getting. Sequels, Third version, New Gen, Remakes, etc Tell us that, and release it whenever ya want. But give us speculation material first. We are currently just going in circles, and it's tiring. XD

I want to know what game we are getting. Sequels, Third version, New Gen, Remakes, etc Tell us that, and release it whenever ya want. But give us speculation material first. We are currently just going in circles, and it's tiring. XD

Sequels is possible and third version is also possible. New gen is unlikely but still a possibility. Remakes very unlikely since we have ORAS for gen 6 remakes. Possible remakes in gen 7 or 8 depending if they skipping remakes like they did in gen 5 or not. We know that this month's corocoro is about the movie and that we haven't got a game announcement from corocoro since Platinum. I reckon between March - May is a good place for an announcement.

I think a lot of people don't know what "casual" and "hardcore" mean.

Casual fans are the fans that play through the story and they are done with the game once the credits roll. Also the ones that only get a Pokemon game because why not.

Hardcore fans, are not only those who play competitively (like me), but also the ones that keep playing well into the postgame, challenge all the post game activities, and keep playing the game until the next Pokemon game comes out, and even keep playing it after that as well.

All Competitive players count as hard core fans, but not all hard core fans have to be competitive players.

And I am a competitive breeder myself.

Then I guess I'm a little bit of both? I don't do all of the post-game stuff... once I've beaten the main part of the game and any post-game quests like the Delta Episode or the Galactic/Heatran stuff on Stark Island, I put the game down and don't really touch it for another year or so. And then when the new game comes out, same thing. I don't even try to complete the Dex most of the time. But yet, I've been playing these games since Crystal, have a pretty good understanding of some of the strategic in-game stuff, and have the types, dual-types, and names of all 721 Pokemon ingrained into my head.

I feel like there are more Zygarde forms that are being kept a secret until the next game(s) is out.

I was thinking about this yesterday but if there are in fact five cores, then as each core comes to together one by one with its respective percentage of cells, Zygarde would more than likely have to achieve various form changes...

1) Zygarde 10% form (one core with 10% of the cells)

2) Zygarde 30% form (two cores with 30% of the cells)

3) Zygarde 50% form (three cores with 50% of the cells)

4) Zygarde 70% form (four cores with 70% of the cells)

5) Zygarde 90% form (five cores with 90% of the cells)

As for Zygarde Complete form. I see Zygarde achieving Complete form when Zygarde 90% form knows either Thousand Waves or Thousand Arrows in unison with an option to that of Mega Evolving your Pokémon, this in turn will cause the 10% remaining cells to come out of hiding and join together with Zygarde 90% form. The "secret power" mentioned in the Pokédex entry is probably a reference to Thousand Waves and Thousand Arrows.

I feel like there are more Zygarde forms that are being kept a secret until the next game(s) is out.

I was thinking about this yesterday but if there are in fact five cores, then as each core comes to together one by one with its respective percentage of cells, Zygarde would more than likely have to achieve various form changes...

As for Zygarde Complete form. I see Zygarde achieving Complete form when Zygarde 90% form knows either Thousand Waves or Thousand Arrows in unison with an option to that of Mega Evolving your Pokémon, this in turn will cause the 10% remaining cells to come out of hiding and join together with Zygarde 90% form. The "secret power" mentioned in the Pokédex entry is probably a reference to Thousand Waves and Thousand Arrows.
Lil prob in your theory, 50% Form is already reachable by Blue Core by itself (Mega Charizard X vs Zygarde preview) and it doesn't need other cores to make 50%. Of course if it is by game logic and the anime does nothing, it is plausible. Good job.

This is just too complex, imo.

Yeah, I think we are looking at either a Nintendo Direct reveal, I have my reasons why I think one is coming this month and I do believe its going to be in the later half of the month, or an announcement online much like ORAS. Its time.

I don't think the game will be announced through a Direct, they rarely discuss main series Pokemon games in a Direct. The only times they have are when they're announcing a companion app (like Dream Radar or Bank), at E3, or the beginning of a new generation. I suspect the next game will either be a site update like ORAS or through Japanese media like CoroCoro.

I wonder if Raikou, Entei and Suicune are in the next game. In XY, we can see them in the pokedex through the cafes that we go to. I thought that was weird having pictures of them but them not in the game. The mystery of the ghost girl is still there.

I think the ghost girl will be in the next game and the mistery will be unveiled.

You are not the one. (XY)
You are still not the one. (ORAS)
You are the one. (next game?)

The third time is usually the time something is revealed.

Last edited:
Lil prob in your theory, 50% Form is already reachable by Blue Core by itself (Mega Charizard X vs Zygarde preview) and it doesn't need other cores to make 50%. Of course if it is by game logic and the anime does nothing, it is plausible. Good job.

I actually had thought about that and for all we know the game(s) (as you said) could handle things much differently than the anime. I mean in the 16th film Mewtwo could freely change into Mega Mewtwo Y without needing a mega stone.
This is just too complex, imo.
Really? How would you simplify things? I think it would be incredibly simple, especially if we found one of the Zygarde Cores early in our adventure and as we progress in the story we find the rest of the cores one by one and they join together.

I feel like the ghost girl is just some big inside joke by Game Freak and they put her in X/Y and OR/AS just to mess with us.

Same, people love to fetch her up but honestly I feel like she's just one giant ongoing prank that we don't get. Or that got lost in translation.

10% is a weird inclusion for a sequence 10% -> 50% -> 100%. I wonder why they didn't opt for 25% -> 50% -> 100% instead. Why 10%?

Wouldn't be totally disapproving of more Zygarde forms if they do happen because I love the very alien aesthetic of Zygarde 10/50% (50% is also one of my favourite legendaries and I don't like legendaries often at all), they're like normal creatures that have been invaded by some sort of sci-fi movie parasite. I love it. But I wonder what animal other % could/would be. Xerneas and Yveltal probably rule out deer and bird, while we have a canine and a snake so far.

Complete Zygarde seems to somewhat take from 50% with its snake tail and the face on its chest, but nothing from 10% seems to be there though.

Same, people love to fetch her up but honestly I feel like she's just one giant ongoing prank that we don't get. Or that got lost in translation.

Yeah. I wonder how many easter eggs Gamefreak put into these games purely for shits and giggles amongst themselves, like when the Disney animators put Mrs Potts and Chips into Tarzan, or Rapunzel and Flynn into Frozen. You're never sure if it's just a fun inside joke or purely to screw with the audience.

I think a lot of people don't know what "casual" and "hardcore" mean.

Casual fans are the fans that play through the story and they are done with the game once the credits roll.

Not really. Most competitive players do exactly this. They are done with all the game's features and post-game content outside of online battling.

I think there's more levels than just simply hardcore and casual. I mean a casual is someone who just sees a new Pokemon game on the shelf and is like, ok why not give that one a try. They play through the story maybe beat the Elite four and that's it.

A hardcore fan to me is someone on the competitive scene, their constantly breeding, divising teams, movesets, looking for hidden abilities, asking for this Pokemon, with this nature, IVs in these stats etc. When they go into battles they know what the opponent will do before they do it, because its the same teams played over and over again.

I consider myself in between. I mean I'm here on a Pokemon site, and I follow the news yearly, after I beat the E4 I do try and get some of the post game, and I've tried my hand at battling others a few times, so I'm definitely no casual.

At the same time, I've never completed the dex, i don't take the competitive scene seriously, I get bored of the battle facilities after a while, after 20 years I'm still not 100% on the type matchups, so I'm no hardcore fan either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom