• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
corocoro3162.jpg

I was right about the gear head. Looks amazing.

Electrode finally gets an evolution.

Electrode finally gets an evolution.

Because of that I just realized its body resembles a PokeBall.

Is it just me or are we getting a lot of PokeBall Pokemon these days? Foongus, Amoonguss, Vivillon, and now Magiana.

While I agree it would be very unfair to those games, the statement is technically still true. You can complete those games Pokedexes within those four games. Masuda never promised anything about the future.

I don't think Munchlax's anime debut was hyped like this reveal was. It was so long ago, someone would have to check the archives to know for sure.

I sadly do not. I'm sure someone in this thread will have it, though.

Oh my god. POSSIBLE NEW TYPE HYYYYYYPE.

the secret is Magiana stole the movie from Zygarde, ohohohoho

edit:
HOLY SH IT'S SO CUTE
It was clearly implied that we could be able to complete the Gen VI Pokedex between XY and ORAS. I hope this statement stays true and we don't get new Pokemon in Gen VI. I mean do you imagine how pissed off BW players would have been if BW2 added new Pokemon and the BW Pokedex was left obsolete... DURING IT'S OWN GENERATION?
I personally focus on battles and don't care too much for Pokedex completion, but it would just be bad PR for XY and ORAS, and I don't want that.

Last edited:
Dat new Pokemon hype!!!

I love it. A bit tough to differentiate between it and Diancie/M-Diancie for me right now (apart from the clear gear motif as opposed to rocks and diamonds), but i'm sure that more information about it and its typing should help to set it apart.

This might be a bit farfetch'd (but wer'e speculating anyways), but it has the XY red and blue in its core. I'm thinking it is still kalos based. Also that core reminds me (somewhat) of mega stones.

Btw maybe it's also someone trying to mechanically replicate diancie by experimenting on the bunny-esque carbink from the diancie movie?

I thought they said they were gonna go for a more simple and classic approach?

This looks like someone chewed up diancie, klink, and klefki and put together the spit up remains :ROFLMAO:

I guess the movie will be interesting but this is underwhelming to me...

Yeah it definitely gives Diancie vibes. Like Diancie and a Klink made babies. Pokeball chest and lower body too... wonder why the PokeBall theme.

@Kyriaki No type given yet apparently. Probably saving that for news in later months. Right now a new Pokemon alone is big enough news I guess.

It was clearly implied that we could be able to complete the Gen VI Pokedex between XY and ORAS. I hope this statement stays true and we don't get new Pokemon in Gen VI. I mean do you imagine how pissed off BW players would have been if BW2 added new Pokemon and the BW Pokedex was left obsolete... DURING IT'S OWN GENERATION?

Exactly. The Gen VI Pokedex. Not the Gen VI.5 Pokedex. If they're really going to do a .5 generation, it should be clearly stated that it has it's own national Pokedex, and that it's more than merely an expansion for Gen VI.

Which could raise the argument, why not just skip straight to Gen VII if that's the case.

Can someone tell me what type it is because I can't seen the picture clearly ;_;

It doesn't have a type yet. Which is suspicious in itself. They hid Sylveon's for a while. They may be pulling the same trick here.

Oh shit... It looks like Gen 6.5 is happening. I mean, if Magiana is connected to Volcanion, it's Kalos related then. Unless it's a Regi move, where Regigigas was Shinnoh, and Regis were Hoenn.

About Magiana, it could be a Mythical, and those are not required for their Pokedex so XY and ORAS dex would still be complete even if this mon was in Z.

I can speculate, but I hope somebody clarifies something soon. My head is achin with the speculation xD

Last edited:
Lucario and Zoroark were revealed after Emerald and HGSS, respectively, had been released. Munchlax wasn't, but it was not the star and there is a reason why it hasn't been done since 2004.
Oh shit... It looks like Gen 6.5 is happening. I mean, if Magiana is connected to Volcanion, it's Kalos related then. Unless it's a Regi move, where Regigigas was Shinnoh, and Regis were Hoenn.
The movies always create a relationship between the stars, which doesn't have to be carried over to the games. And we already know from ORAS that Volcanion is tied to other regions (at least Johto and Sinnoh).

The shape on the area of the dress where the button of a Pokeball would be really reminds me of the Team Plasma shield

Well, that was unexpected. Definitely getting Diancie vibes from this.

Pokeball chest and lower body too... wonder why the PokeBall theme.

This gives me an off-the-wall idea. What if Magiana is appearing in a new Kalos adventure and is a by-product of the good folks at the Pokeball Factory (a place that is very one-note in X/Y)?

That, or it's simply a Gen VII Pokemon. We will see.

Huh, last night I had a dream about CoroCoro leaking and tons of new Pokemon being revealed. Turns out it did leak and we got a new Pokemon!

It's pretty cute and I like the name Magiana too. Definitely looks like a Steel-type, Steel/Fairy possibly. It also looks similar to Diancie I wonder if they're related.

Exactly. The Gen VI Pokedex. Not the Gen VI.5 Pokedex. If they're really going to do a .5 generation, it should be clearly stated that it has it's own national Pokedex, and that it's more than merely an expansion for Gen VI.

Which could raise the argument, why not just skip straight to Gen VII if that's the case.

It doesn't have a type yet. Which is suspicious in itself. They hid Sylveon's for a while. They may be pulling the same trick here.
I kinda like generations to feel fully fleshed, this semi new dex doesn't please me.

Gen VI or VII would feel better LOL
Lol it's okay @Meta Boss ORAS is still a good game even if you can't get this :ROFLMAO:
Shut up. :p

Yeah, ORAS is fantastic with or without this Poke, but I just think it wouldn't be fair to XY ORAS to make their Pokedex feel incomplete. I think Gen VII would fit Magiana better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom