• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last corocoro promised us a "major announcement that will affect the entire world for the movie.".

Well only the japanese audience will know about Magiana. So maybe we will get an announcement trailer on youtube for the rest of the world? And this trailer would be important, because Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion announcement trailer also included ingame gameplay scenes.

Okay, idea time. Magiana is actually a Pokemon created to "capture"
and contain Volcanion. The mechanism that connects ash to Volcanion is actually a part of Magiana that it sends out to libk the two Pokemon, but ash somehow gets stuck to it, instead of Magiana. That's why Volcanion needs to find it, because it needs to separate from ash.
From what I understood of the initial plot summary, Volcanion is already chasing after Magiana when he encounters Ash and gets linked to him.

So Volcanion must be chasing Magiana for an entirely different reason.

Confusion time.

Serebii states that Magiana was abducted by the Azoth Kingdom, while PokeJungle states Magiana was abducted from the Azoth Kingdom, but in either scenario, Volcanion is looking to rescue Magiana. Do we have another source backing either of these up?

Confusion time.

Serebii states that Magiana was abducted by the Azoth Kingdom, while PokeJungle states Magiana was abducted from the Azoth Kingdom, but in either scenario, Volcanion is looking to rescue Magiana. Do we have another source backing either of these up?
The Serebii translation makes more sense. Correction, it's the translation that makes sense at all.

If Magiana was abducted from Azoth Kingdom, why would Volcanion be heading there to save it? xD

I think it's the first time there are so many new Pokemon/formes revealed before a game reveal.

We know about Magiana, Zygarde 1,10 and 100%, and Ash Greninja.
How are we supposed to get them? And where?

Lol I should become a fortune teller.

2 days ago, I made a funny joke post that was removed saying how a new Pokemon would be revealed and then suddenly loads of randoms would appear from nowhere saying it confirms Gen 7.

Then a while later we get the news that its still Gen 6 and they all disappear! :)

EDIT: and this is why we need hackers as otherwise there would be a debate about whether volcanion was Gen 6 or 7 as well.
Stay classy.

I think it's the first time there are so many new Pokemon/formes revealed before a game reveal.

We know about Magiana, Zygarde 1,10 and 100%, and Ash Greninja.
How are we supposed to get them? And where?

Thanks to hackers, we know at least one is available in Gen 6, (Volcanion) and 4 of the other 5 are forms of Gen 6 Pokemon.
Even Magiana seems to fit in Gen 6, and seems to have a real genuine link to Volcanion, not a movie made one.

From what I understood of the initial plot summary, Volcanion is already chasing after Magiana when he encounters Ash and gets linked to him.

So Volcanion must be chasing Magiana for an entirely different reason.
Volcanion chased Magiana after it was stolen from the Azoth kingdom. Then it drops from the sky out of nowherexand we have some mysteriois device linking it to Ash. The device could actually be a part of Magiana, that stuck onto Volcanion after some accident, which then links it to ash. Which then sets off the plot. I bet the next trailer will make this theory true or not.

Volcanion chased Magiana after it was stolen from the Azoth kingdom. Then it drops from the sky out of nowherexand we have some mysteriois device linking it to Ash. The device could actually be a part of Magiana, that stuck onto Volcanion after some accident, which then links it to ash. Which then sets off the plot. I bet the next trailer will make this theory true or not.
Actually, Magiana was abducted by Azoth Kingdom, so the translation says.

SOURCE

As Satoshi and his friends continue their journey, Volcanion drops down from the sky in front of them. Volcanion’s object is to recover Magiana, who has been abducted by the “Azoth Kingdom”, a city of super-machinery. However, Volcanion and Satoshi have become linked together by a strange. Will the two of them manage to work together and save Magiana?

So when Volcanion drops from the sky, it is already heading towards the Azoth Kingdom when it becomes attached to Ash.

As for "why, put Volcanion in the code of the earlier Gen 6 games but not Magiana, why not remove both or include both"

Could be Volcanion as the ticket pre order distribution, which you;d need games for to store it, and then Magiana will be released in July with the movie after a new game with its code will already be out. SO no need to include its data in older games, whereas Volcanion is needed in older games, otherwise they'd have no way of releasing it with ticket pre orders

CoroCoro states that "this mysterious Pokémon is the first ever in a certain field". Albeit vague, I certainly know how I would interpret that.

I don't see how Volcanion and Magiana have a "deep" connection that has to be carried over to the games. Genesect and Mewtwo had a very obvious parallelism that the games never acknowledged. In contrast, Game Freak did use the Movie 13 legendary beasts to unlock Zoroark in BW, and the Celebi to unlock Zorua. There was no deep connection there, but it was used as a way to make the movie relevant to obtaining Zorua and Zoroark. It is hardly unthinkable that Volcanion may unlock Magiana in a new region.

!Z! said:
Could be Volcanion as the ticket pre order distribution, which you;d need games for to store it, and then Magiana will be released in July with the movie after a new game with its code will already be out. SO no need to include its data in older games, whereas Volcanion is needed in older games, otherwise they'd have no way of releasing it with ticket pre orders
July would be a terrible time to release a new game considering Yokai Watch 3 will be released then. Not that Game Freak could have known that in 2013, but I don't see why they would have planned a July release date so far ahead. If anything, they would aim for a June release date to make the pre-order promotion compatible with the new release, as was the case for B2W2.

I guess I have to say congrats to Masuda, he's finally revealed a Mythical Pokemon, we didn't already know about. Only took nearly 2 decades to work something out.;)

Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys and Manaphy were all revealed before being hacked. In fact, I think hacking may have only been a thing for Platinum onwards, though I could be wrong.

Lol I should become a fortune teller.

2 days ago, I made a funny joke post that was removed saying how a new Pokemon would be revealed and then suddenly loads of randoms would appear from nowhere saying it confirms Gen 7.

Then a while later we get the news that its still Gen 6 and they all disappear! :)

EDIT: and this is why we need hackers as otherwise there would be a debate about whether volcanion was Gen 6 or 7 as well.

Wait, it's confirmed Magiana is still Kalosian?! YAASSSSS :D

I think the world-shattering part is the part where we get a brand new (likely generation 7) Pokemon not obtainable in any of the current games but which is an event Pokemon supposed to be released for a game we have no title yet.

Yeah, a new Pokémon is hardly world-shattering when we get at least 70 of those every other year.

Volcanion and the Exquisite Mechanical Magiana

People are saying Volcanion has been sidelined, but it's still in the title and even mentioned first in the title.

Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction - Diancie is the star, Yveltal's a glorified cameo
Hoopa and the Clash of Ages - Hoopa's the star, the legend fight is barely showcased (when it was so overhyped, how dare they...)
Volcanion and the Exquisite Mechanical Magiana... Hmm, I wonder who'll be the star... ;)

Whoever thinks Volcanion has been sidelined clearly doesn't know how obviously transparent the anime is. Magiana is the one who's getting sidelined.

Finally some actually news to discuss. Magiana is rather cute. It definitely looks like a robotic Diancie with rabbit ears, but I like it. It's at least something new after practically nothing for months. That being said, it doesn't really give off a generation seven vibe to me. Maybe it's because of how much it reminds me of Diancie, but it makes me think it's a sixth generation Pokemon instead of something from a new generation. Plus, it wouldn't make sense to jump into a new generation when Kalos would need some kind of third version, the Zygarde forms need to be feature in a game and they still need to explain more about what the Ash-Greninja form means for the games as well. It wouldn't make sense to have the Zygard forms and Ash-Greninja be featured in a brand new generation.

Either the generation 6.5 theory is actually coming true or they're starting to promote the next generation a bit earlier than they have been the past few years. Both possibilities sound fine to me. At least the dry spell of news should be over with and we're hopefully closer to a main series game announcement with this reveal.

Last edited:
CoroCoro states that "this mysterious Pokémon is the first ever in a certain field". Albeit vague, I certainly know how I would interpret that.

I don't see how Volcanion and Magiana have a "deep" connection that has to be carried over to the games. Genesect and Mewtwo had a very obvious parallelism that the games never acknowledged. In contrast, Game Freak did use the Movie 13 legendary beasts to unlock Zoroark in BW, and the Celebi to unlock Zorua. There was no deep connection there, but it was used as a way to make the movie relevant to obtaining Zorua and Zoroark. It is hardly unthinkable that Volcanion may unlock Magiana in a new region.

July would be a terrible time to release a new game considering Yokai Watch 3 will be released then. Not that Game Freak could have known that in 2013, but I don't see why they would have planned a July release date so far ahead. If anything, they would aim for a June release date to make the pre-order promotion compatible with the new release, as was the case for B2W2.
Care to elaborate? Cause the first ever in a certain field, can mean anything. For me, first ever in a certain field could mean its the first Pokemon revealed of a new type, or the first Pokemon of a certain area.
plot twist: Magiana is Kalos's 600 BST mythical
Huh I thought Diancie was, but its not an even spread. I wonder...

Care to elaborate? Cause the first ever in a certain field, can mean anything. For me, first ever in a certain field could mean its the first Pokemon revealed of a new type, or the first Pokemon of a certain area.
Of a certain region. I doubt that it has a new type, or that they would make a big deal about an area of an existing region.

Isn't it also possible that because Magiana was man-made, apparently entirely from what we know right now I guess (even if 500 years ago), that; that can also be a reason for it to be obtainable in a possible third instalment alongside new Zygarde forms ect, because it can technically be a plausible reason to expand on the Kalos Pokémon without signifying Gen 7? If that makes sense. Maybe there's little minion Magiana's like Diancie and Carbink, though I doubt so similar in concept, since Magiana has already taken some things from Diancie...

As I said guys, COULD be eeeeaaaasing us into a Gen 6.5, JUST saying. What would you rather have; them giving us these cool forms/new Pokémon for now for the final Gen 6 instalment?. Or; Them giving us Gen 7 on the 3ds now, possibly on a very very similar graphic interface as XYORAS (which, isn't a problem, just saying), which would mean a prolooooonged wait for Pokémon to come on the NX, much like XY with the 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom