• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are not shared though. Besides, a new professor isn't a big deal. We have had new gym leaders already, just not an entire set of them.

And I understand what you mean perfectly, but do not buy it

Who said they had to be shared??? Remakes have been around since Gen 3, no ones ever had a problem telling which gen they are in.

I think you are overcomplicating this. It's obvious to pretty much everyone when a new generation starts!

How does the TCG work, do the cards come out before the games, or do they come out after the games? Ie does this hint at a game before September, or does it hint that the game will be after september?

I'm not being funny, I don't think we can avoid all out war on this thread until september ;) People are getting on edge as it is.

I don't think we can avoid all out war on this thread until september ;) People are getting on edge as it is.

People really need to chill and stop trying to be right/stop trying to score points about this.

The reality is, we're all pretty big fans. We're all clearly passionate about a series we've played and known for years. It's what's connected us. It's why we're here, and why we have this thread as one of the biggest and most active on this entire board. Possibly THE most active. Instead of trying to prove that we have a more relevant/logical/correct point than the other, we should enjoy each other's view points, and opinions, and what we think is next. We should try and see the good things in eachother's view points, even if it is something that we may personally not want to see happen. It's a VERY exciting time for the Pokemon community, we shouldn't spend it being petty and trying to prove we're right. We should spend it enjoying the positive madness that is unfolding before our eyes, and brace ourselves and eachother as we face the onslaught of new information and Pokemon details our beloved developers GF have in store for us.

We know that XY was released in October 2013 and ORAS was released in November 2014. I wonder if Z or whatever would be released in December? Or could it be in September? Magiana looks like a Fairy/Steel type which would be a good type combination. It's ability could be Clear Body or a brand new ability since it is a new pokemon. I guess it might have a brand new ability and a new move. ORAS had introduce new abilities and moves for Groudon and Kyogre in their primal states. Rayquaza got the same when mega evolved. Chances of a new move and new ability in the next games is getting likely.

i would posit that a new generation occurs when a new region with its own eight new gym leaders is introduced. this covers the introduction of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos as the markers of a new generation. so even if the Sevii Islands are classified as a region they would fail to meet the gym leader requirement. i would've set the requirement to be higher (must have its own evil gang, must have its own Pokemon League), but then Johto would've failed those.
Having its own, all-new Gym Circuit is a good idea. Another one I thought of is introducing a Pokémon Professor; which is another thing every new region has had that the Sevii Islands haven't.

the only thing holding me back from subscribing to the whole 6.5/7 idea is the fact that Magiana is a mythical Pokemon. they are practically the equivalent of DLC Pokemon as it is, so i see no reason to immediately conclude that we're moving forward from six, just yet at least. if there's another Pokemon revealed, and it's not a mythical or even a legendary, i'd see more reason to believe in 6.5 or 7.
Exactly my thoughts. If Volcanion hadn't been programmed into X/Y and then discovered by data-miners, Magiana wouldn't be a unique situation at all. It's still possible that the next game could simply be a third version with Magiana programmed into it. Although given the time-gap following Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, I hope it turns out to be something more though.

People really need to chill and stop trying to be right/stop trying to score points about this.

The reality is, we're all pretty big fans. We're all clearly passionate about a series we've played and known for years. It's what's connected us. It's why we're here, and why we have this thread as one of the biggest and most active on this entire board. Possibly THE most active. Instead of trying to prove that we have a more relevant/logical/correct point than the other, we should enjoy each other's view points, and opinions, and what we think is next. We should try and see the good things in eachother's view points, even if it is something that we may personally not want to see happen. It's a VERY exciting time for the Pokemon community, we shouldn't spend it being petty and trying to prove we're right. We should spend it enjoying the positive madness that is unfolding before our eyes, and brace ourselves and eachother as we face the onslaught of new information and Pokemon details our beloved developers GF have in store for us.

I'm saddened I can only like this once. As someone who has been a member here for more than half a decade But rarely posts out of lack of desire to become involved in drama that can dampen enthusiasm for my favorite franchise, it would be wonderful if speculation for the next games wasn't treated like a war between "crews", where people didn't focus on who's subjective opinion is objectively wrong and instead just shared in the excitement that the lead up to games instills in all Pokemon fans. A guy can dream.

Magiana gettting TCG entries by September? That feels pretty fast considering it only just got revealed.
If the data is accurate, which I would assume has no reason not to be, then this would mean the cards would be out by June-July in Japan, as the western expansions are behind. This is an insane development in that case, cause this June-July for a completely new Pokemon getting a TCG debut is wild.

If the data is accurate, which I would assume has no reason not to be, then this would mean the cards would be out by June-July in Japan, as the western expansions are behind. This is an insane development in that case, cause this June-July for a completely new Pokemon getting a TCG debut is wild.

Wait. It's in English in September, and in June/July in Japan?! Holy SH-

That means we should get Magiana's typing before then, whatever it may be. Steel/Fairy is the common guess, but who knows.

Putting away my "Fun Speculator" hat for a second and popping on my "Moderator Hat":

While we respect that these are fascinating times and people tend to get a bit excitable and defensive towards their theories, we would like to ask that all debate and discussion be handled in a mature, civilised manner. We will not tolerate any comments that are deemed to be personal attacks or provocations and such posts will result in warnings.

Now, back to our scheduled programming.

Wait. It's in English in September, and in June/July in Japan?! Holy SH-

That means we should get Magiana's typing before then, whatever it may be. Steel/Fairy is the common guess, but who knows.
All we know is that in America there will be an entire month focused on Gears. Considering how steam is the month before, its obvious that this means Volcanion and Magiana. This could be a prerelease season, like with April for Fates Collide. Even then, an October expansion for the west would line up with a june-July expansion influenced by the movie. It would make sense for Volcanion to get a spotlight, but Magiana would be unexpected. Completely and utterly unexpected.

So wait, are we saying that the TCG sets are gonna be out in June in Japan?

I'm unfamiliar with the TCG, but does this mean a game is likely to be out then/around then, or do the tcg cards get released before the games.

Surely if it is a June release that kills off Gen 7 once and for all?

We can't really know. Again, all we know is that Magiana is getting some sort of spotlkiht this September for the TCG in the west. Its likely, through speculation and looking at the past for indications, that this would be from a TCG expansion released around June or July in Japan, as the timing would line up.

I know that no one can predict the announcement date but I am taking a guess. Either March, April or May would be the announcement and September, October, November or December would be the the release of the game worldwide. Of course it could be announce this month but they are doing the anniversary on the 27th which would heavily focus on RBY on virtual console. Maybe we get lucky and get the announcement on the 27th but this is all just speculation. At least we have Magiana which gave us something new to talk about. Maybe next month or two we would get to know the type and ability of it.

Volcanion looks 100% like something from a robot anime. It's nostrils even have that metal-plate-with-holes look that's a staple of Japanese robot design.

I guess the Aggron family are also robots then.

It's a feeling I couldn't shake once I saw that drawing my friend made because aside from that Maggie's the first time I've been borderline neutral on what to think about a Pokémon. As for the poster I was viewing it from my tiny Nokia phone so it looked like Volcanion was holding her. Either way we don't know enough about Mag to rule out it fusing with Volcanion yet, also the form change could look drastically different than what that sketch shows. Basically what I'm saying is that anything is possible now regardless if it makes sense to us or not.

Sure it's possible but I still find a fusion between Volcanion and Magiana very improbable. I guess we won't know for sure until we learn more about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom