• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do hints of a game announcement occur before the actual game announcement or do games come out of the blue? I suppose the next games would come out of the blue with no hint so it can take people by surprise.

That...might be difficult. Zygarde's new forms and Magiana means people are expecting some sort of main series announcement soon. It's just a matter of what this new game is.

Last edited:
They should just call the next games, Pokémon X.5 and Y.5, that would really seal the 6.5 theory.

X is really for Xerneas and Y is really for Yveltal. Z.5 would be better since Zygarde starts with Z.

Reactions: !Z!
I might sound off for saying this but imo Magiana doesn't really feel Gen 7 to me. It's design style feels way to similar to Gen 6. If they wanted the designs to be simple this feels quite the opposite. I could easily be wrong but she just looks like another Kalos Pokémon.

Xerneas/Zygarde and Yveltal/Zygarde fusions as mascots for another pair of X-something and Y-something games would be neat imo.

EDIT: I just realized... What if Xerneas and Yveltal are also 50% formes and they'd just need Zygarde Core and 50% of Zygarde's Cells? I don't even know. xD

Reactions: !Z!
Xerneas/Zygarde and Yveltal/Zygarde fusions as mascots for another pair of X-something and Y-something games would be neat imo.

EDIT: I just realized... What if Xerneas and Yveltal are also 50% formes and they'd just need Zygarde Core and 50% of Zygarde's Cells? I don't even know. xD

I am pretty sure that Xerneas and Yveltal are individual pokemon. Zygarde Core gathers the cores by communicating telepathically. Once all gathered, Zygarde will go into it's complete form which has a power greater than Xerneas and Yveltal. There was a Red core and a Blue core so Xerneas and Yveltal wouldn't make sense.

If we go straight to gen 7 this year, Zygarde is going to be ignored completely? I doubt it.
it's either Gen VI (or off-chance 6.5) title that includes Zygarde forms with Zygarde 'front and center' and with Volcanion and Magiana as events, or a Gen VII game with Magiana as the first mythical. Zygarde is a Kalos Pokemon and it will either be featured or it won't.

Remember way back when I threw out the idea of Z being part of Gen VII? I kind of what that to happen now...even though it won't.

Remember way back when I threw out the idea of Z being part of Gen VII? I kind of what that to happen now...even though it won't.

Well there is a chance of that happening but I like Zygarde to be complete in gen 6. It just feels out of place to leave it in a weaken state compared to Xerneas and Yveltal who have higher BST.

Zygarde's complete form is getting an EX card in the TCG this march in Japan, I think it's safe to say a game in the current gen will come out where you can obtain him in this form. I don't think it would make sense from a promotional standpoint to put him in 2/3 the main commercial outputs of the franchise. Even going by Masuda's surprise tactics, doing that isn't a surprise, it's just downright stupid XD

Anime check, TCG check, games are next...

Why do people keep comparing Magiana to Munchlax rather than Zoroark, as if they expect there to be a massive gap between its reveal and the release of whatever game its in? Zorua and Zoroark were revealed February 10, 2010, and the name of the new games were officially revealed two months later. Or do people not remember Zoroark? Or the fact that the window between new game announcements (and new Pokemon reveals) and the actual games have narrowed? Why would they intentionally show Magiana and wait another two years?

Nobody remembers Zoroark since it was some sort of forced Lucario 2.0 advertisement that failed to catch on and then the pokemon faded into obscurity. It goes to prove you can only pull a Lucario once and make sure it gets very popular, they tried to do it a second time with Zoroark and failed spectacularly.

The fact that even now, 10 years later, Lucario is still just as popular as when he debuted in a movie from 2005 says a lot.

Nobody remembers Zoroark since it was some sort of forced Lucario 2.0 advertisement that failed to catch on and then the pokemon faded into obscurity. It goes to prove you can only pull a Lucario once and make sure it gets very popular, they tried to do it a second time with Zoroark and failed spectacularly.

The fact that even now, 10 years later, Lucario is still just as popular as when he debuted in a movie from 2005 says a lot.

I'm sure they're more so talking about the whole schedule of Zoroark's reveal and announcement of the games compared to Munchlax's. Though, Generation 6 shortened it even further to where there wasn't even a gap. Just a teaser at the end of December and a Direct on January 8th back then.

Magiana being a Mythical makes the whole suggestion about it being a teaser and released a year or two later a bit... Odd?

Last edited:
Sometimes I honestly think Munchlax is a Hoenn Pokemon instead of a Gen IV Pokemon simply due to how early it was revealed. I seriously forgot Munchlax wasn't in the games tilL DP.

Not only because of the 7th movie, but May captured Munchlax before the Hoenn arc even ended.

Lucario is playable in smash

Zoroark wasn't.

That's the difference.

I think there was a bit more to it then that as Zoroark had a middling presence in advertising as Gen 5 went on.

That would be interesting, though I'd have to admit: A more powerful Xerneas/Yveltal would be pretty scary in the metagame.

That would be interesting, though I'd have to admit: A more powerful Xerneas/Yveltal would be pretty scary in the metagame.

I thought the whole point of Complete Zygarde was to have a power greater than Xerneas and Yveltal. It is true that those two can have mega evolutions or alternate forms but Complete Zygarde is supposedly stronger than them. I am open to a mega Xerneas and Mega Yveltal but unless Zygarde gains a whole lot of BST in it's complete form then I don't think we would see Xerneas and Yveltal with new forms but I might be wrong. For all we know, Complete Zygarde could have 800 BST but that would be one major boost to it's stats.

Although I have suggested some sort of forme or mega for Xerneas and Yveltal, the stats do leave little to no wiggle room. Perfect Zygarde is likely to have a stat boost equivalen to that of mega evolution, rounding out at 780, like Rayquaza.

Do hints of a game announcement occur before the actual game announcement or do games come out of the blue? I suppose the next games would come out of the blue with no hint so it can take people by surprise.

From what I've been able to observe, I think it just depends on the game.

What I find surprising is that so far, Masuda hasn't hyped up Magiana's reveal in CoroCoro on Twitter, in the same way he did for Zygarde's Formes back in September. Considering it's a brand-new Pokemon, it's kind of puzzling why he hasn't. But a couple days before September's CoroCoro, he made damn sure to tell his followers to watch out for it, and it was Zygarde Formes.

What I find surprising is that so far, Masuda hasn't hyped up Magiana's reveal in CoroCoro on Twitter, in the same way he did for Zygarde's Formes back in September. Considering it's a brand-new Pokemon, it's kind of puzzling why he hasn't. But a couple days before September's CoroCoro, he made damn sure to tell his followers to watch out for it, and it was Zygarde Formes.

Well technically, Nintendo hasn't announced Magiana yet. CoroCoro doesn't come out until the 15th, so people who don't check these websites won't know about the leak. The announcement will probably come on the 16th, a day after. Isn't that what happened with the Zygarde forms?

New generation mostly are expected by the 3rd year, and BW/XY came exactly when expected. 3rd Games usually are expected after an off year, and remakes are the only real wild cards. As for Masuda, I would assume he isn't hyping up Magiana or its reveal, cause I would bet cold hard cash that he is going to be on Pokemon House next week for a reveal there along with the movie's first trailer. Or, and this might be a bit out there, he's going to be on Pokemon House to reveal it along with the next games on the 28th.
Well technically, Nintendo hasn't announced Magiana yet. CoroCoro doesn't come out until the 15th, so people who don't check these websites won't know about the leak. The announcement will probably come on the 16th, a day after. Isn't that what happened with the Zygarde forms?
Any CoroCoro news gets uploaded on the same day the magazine comes out, the 15th. Its the western reveals which come out a day early, which interests me. We should be getting the western reveal tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom