• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Alola Region

Oh yeah, Inforgot that Hawaii also has an upside down waterfall, like the one hinted at in XY.

There's been some speculation on a region based off of Hawaii, which I would love. This was based off of the bird Pokemon shown, resembling the Hawaii state bird. Masuda or Tajiri also mentioned flowers when asked about Gen VII.

One thing is for sure, we are PROBABLY going to see a more tropical region, based on the hotel image. I see palm trees, which are usually associated by warm climates.

There's been some speculation on a region based off of Hawaii, which I would love. This was based off of the bird Pokemon shown, resembling the Hawaii state bird.
tumblr_o35w6d0hTV1skoy7ho1_500.jpg

5254275672_65fd9726e8_b.jpg

Ehhhhh, I suppose I can kind of see it. I'm much more in the "looks like a woodpecker" camp, though.

That ain't no goose, it would have webbed feet instead of talons.

Okay, besides Hawaii, I have been doing some research, and I do think a region South of Kalos is equally viable. Mostly its based on the one building we have.
http://d1misl14v3c1i.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/MonacoOceanographicMuseum.jpg
There already is an aquarium in Kalos, howevee they could make it more of a museum in-game, and you would expect a water type museum to have sealife plasered all over it.

A lot of people say it will be based in a tropical region, so I say southern California or Florida, or possibly Brazil.

So I remember something from the past. By the time Platinum came out, Masuda took an "investigation" trip to the US. By the time Black&White came out, he took another investigation trip to France and somewhere between XY announcement and release, he took an investigation trip to Spain

He also went to some cities in south France last year in August.

Look likes that may be an GSC situation with south Kalos may be the little connection region between them like the route right from Newbark in Johto.

Masuda visits a lot of places, and certainly not just for "investigation".

The Strange Souvenir's description specifically says that the region is far from Kalos. I see no reason to expect south France or Spain.

Yes he visiti multiple places, but mostly for events or similiar. These investigation trips he took are more than a week long.

I put my vote on Spain, or maybe southern France and Monaco.

tumblr_o35w6d0hTV1skoy7ho1_500.jpg

5254275672_65fd9726e8_b.jpg

Ehhhhh, I suppose I can kind of see it. I'm much more in the "looks like a woodpecker" camp, though.

I don't see it at all. Woodpeckers have the same type of feet as parrots called zygodactyl feet. This Pokemon looks like it might be based off a Pileated Woodpecker.

I don't see it at all. Woodpeckers have the same type of feet as parrots called zygodactyl feet. This Pokemon looks like it might be based off a Pileated Woodpecker.
Like I said, I'm also in the "woodpecker" camp, but I could accept it as being a stylized amalgamation of different birds since we have so few images of it.

Remember the flower hint? Hawaii is as flower connected as it gets.

But Hawaii is exotic, unlike the above mentioned. And the concept art was clearly warm.

With the possible vehicle theme I wouldn't mind seeing something different then a conventional region. Have a "hub" but let you hop on a boat or plane and go somewhere else, let you visit bits of previous regions. The execution could be good or bad but it'd fit the "something different" they've been talking about.

Is this thread also for what we want to see in the region, regardless of what it's based on?
If so, I'd love a huge mountain like Sinnoh's Mt. Coronet. Don't get me wrong, I hate zubats and the like as much as most people, but I love how the mountains areas unfolded as the game progressed, in a Metroidvania kind of way.
Okay, so maybe not a huge mountain, but something like that.
Also, more tropical locations? Yes please. It's something I think is the least represented; we have so many snowy places, and deserts, and so on.
As for water, I would like lots of it, but I want there to be lots of islands then (not like ones you walk 4 steps on, I mean like island towns), and the variety of Pokemon in the water routes better be very high. Otherwise, lower the amount of water.

As for what it's based on, I'm hoping for Canada (REPRESENT), but looking at that hotel from Singapore... maybe it's a coincidence, but yeah, I'm still gonna hope...

After watch the trailer? over and over again hope to find another clues about new pokemon and so... I find nothing, sadly.

But I come up with a new theory after though about this overall.

The bird 3d sketch. Why do they show us this.... It's seems to simple to be a Legendary pokemon and most fit as a regional bird or possible starter. And most of people easily connect it as Pileated Woodpecker, who after I google is habitually live on Canada, East side of America and Pacific Coast.

So is it the hint for new region= Canada? or Another Part of America?

Devil's advocate:

Anybody thinks the big, blue / white palace might be a revamped, new Cerulean Gym? :p

Back
Top Bottom