• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your hopes for sun and moon

my hopes for this new generation:
- costumization
- about 30 new pokemon
- more megas
- visit other regions... maybe unova?
- boutiques
- follow your pokemon?
- poke nav
- fly, swim/SURF?, dive, waterfall,
- release: in october??
-

• Pokemon following you. At least just the 21 starters + Pikachu and Eevee.
  • IF this is a repeat of Generation 2... It'd be neat if they did the same thing with the starter types - just plain old Grass/Fire/Water.
  • Mega Johto starters as well.
  • A good story.
  • A large post-game, especially since it's the 20th anniversary.
  • Customization... Perhaps have the clothing NOT be gender-locked? Though, that'll probably happen in the far future.
  • Dark-type Gym.
  • Female villianous team leader.
  • Wouldn't mind seeing 151 Pokemon just as a reference to the very first games or 190 like they originally planned.
  • 30~40 Mega Evolutions.

I am a bit concerned with how important trainer Customization seems to be for the vast majority of fans here.

It is a cute feature, and a welcome addition to the games, but considering it is NOT a feature important to the actual gameplay, just a gimmick, I think people could be severely disappointed if it doesn't return, and they shouldn't be.

Skin Customization and eye color Customization should become staples. But Fashion? Clothes? Hairstyles? Those are welcome additions, but not necessary for ALL future games...It really should be up to GF if they become a staple or not.

I'm sorry, but I just see so many features that are way more relevant to the actual gameplay, but people seem to be a bit obsessed with Trainer Customization (which I like myself).

Last edited:
I have more.
More then 90 freakin pokemon.
Be less of a pandering nostalgiafest then kalos but that hope is pretty pointless seeing as how this is the 20th anniversary game. So if it his a pandering nostalgiafest at least have pandering be spread out evenly over the generation instead of focusing on gen 1 and 3.
A story more like bw2.
Challenge mode.
And if they are done with 3rd versions then at least try to have actual post game content in the intel games and not leave LEGENDARY POKEMON as an after thought whos overhyped forms will be only inculed in the anime. Yes I am salty as all hell about that.
This has to be the least hyped I have been for pokemon games sense oras.
Gym leaders to be like they where in gen 5 more then a generic boss with a somewhat cool design you see once in the game. Same goes for champion.

Last edited:
I just want there to be secrets in the game. Everything in XY seemed straightforward and that there were not many diversions from the main game, and nothing to do afterwards. Of course a battle frontier is always fun but we maybe one day they'll match Emerald's!

I also want a lot of unique things. I love the Horsea fountain for example. They could have done a generic fountain but chose not to. I love that!

Nothing serious, but I loved my Togepi following behind me wherever I went.

It is a cute feature, and a welcome addition to the games, but considering it is NOT a feature important to the actual gameplay, just a gimmick, I think people could be severely disappointed if it doesn't return, and they shouldn't be.
With that kind of thinking you may as well delete anything that isn't battling or exploring.

With that kind of thinking you may as well delete anything that isn't battling or exploring.
Battling, exploring, catching wild pokemon. Those are the staples, yes.

I think Trainer Customization deserves to stay, but I do think people are overhyping it slightly. It's like the number one feature people seem to demand, and I don't think it's that important, although still enjoyable.

Last edited:
I am a bit concerned with how important trainer Customization seems to be for the vast majority of fans here.

Skin Customization and eye color Customization should become staples. But Fashion? Clothes? Hairstyles? Those are welcome additions, but not necessary for ALL future games...It really should be up to GF if they become a staple or not.

I'm sorry, but I just see so many features that are way mlre relevant to tge actual gameolay, but people seem to be a bit obsessed with Trainer Customization.
A lot of people enjoy it. It doesnt have to be a "relevant feature" it was fun and people enjoy it, it makes their game experience better so I dont see the problem. Why does every feature have to be relevant to gameplay, why not just have something fun for people to enjoy thats outside training Pokemon, battling etc, It should stay for that reason and I liked that they did that in Gen 6.

I have nothing against Trainer Customization, I enjoy it myself, but I am just kinda surprised it seems to be the n1 feature for a lot of people, when this is a franchise where the Pokemon are more important than then PC.

I wouldn't say its my number one but I for one want customization to return. My number one is for the villainous team to be more interesting this time around. Every team was pretty good except Flare. So maybe we could get back on track with a new interesting team.

I have nothing against Trainer Customization, I enjoy it myself, but I am just kinda surprised it seems to be the n1 feature for a lot of people, when this is a franchise where the Pokemon are more important than then PC.
It's because a lot of people enjoy the idea of it being "them" that's going on the journey, and customization helps with that immersion by allowing them to tailor their character's appearance to be closer to their own. It's a matter of immersion.

Besides the usually suspects (Character customization, IV overhaul, difficulty, strong postgame, availability of all pokemon and abilities without being time restrictions, etc) I really hoping for a much smoother and faster game engine. Hell I have more actual hope of it actually happening then anything else on the list except maybe character customization. They play their own games right so even they don't care about the difficulty or competitive scene that much or like IV's and events or what have you the smoothness and speed is something superficial enough that they have to notice and have to care.

It's because a lot of people enjoy the idea of it being "them" that's going on the journey, and customization helps with that immersion by allowing them to tailor their character's appearance to be closer to their own. It's a matter of immersion.

In addition to that, with the large online community, it's great to be able to express yourself in a way that a generic Trainer class sprite does not.

I never doubted why people want Trainer Customization, it is pretty clear. And I want it too.

My question is, why does it seem to be the n1 demand fans have for SM, when it isn't such a relevant feature in terms of the actual gameplay.

Here we go:
  • Decent storyline
  • Decent Post Game
  • A Pokedex that gives us options on the type of pokemon we can use
  • Evolutions and/or pre-evolutions of older pokemon. I like Dragon evolution of Eevee.
  • New Mega evolutions and new forms
  • Gym leader rematches with mega pokemon
  • Elite Four and Champion rematches with mega pokemon
  • At least 100 new pokemon with 9 being legendary (at least one Dragon legendary)
  • Dark type and Dragon type gym (if no Dragon Elite Four or Champion)
  • Dragon Elite or Champion (if no Dragon gym leader)

One thing I want that people might disagree with is a decent number of new Pokemon. Id like preferably something like 110-120, Id rather have it closer to 120 personally. New Pokemon are awesome, the more the merrier. I think something like Gen V numbers is pushing it, so I think a little less than that but still over 100 would be nice. Thats kind of my ideal number.

And that's the question I answered, for exactly the reasons I outlined.
I think Customization is an important addition. But it isn't so relevant. I can think of plenty of more important features, relevant for the actual game.

One thing I want that people might disagree with is a decent number of new Pokemon. Id like preferably something like 110-120, Id rather have it closer to 120 personally. New Pokemon are awesome, the more the merrier. I think something like Gen V numbers is pushing it, so I think a little less than that but still over 100 would be nice. Thats kind of my ideal number.
120 would be my ideal figure as well. The Dex is burgeoning, so clearly they're nervous about adding too many new Pokemon, but XY's, what, 70? was criminally low.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom