• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What DON'T you want to see in SM?

I agree with mostly everyone, but i'll adress some points:

About Lumiose city, the problem is the camera and the pointless buildings, it need functionality and reasons to be there. Maybe some of the buildings can be unlocked after beat the elite four, or something like that . Said that, I would like a city as large as Lumiose and Mauville, but with a better planning.

And as for Zygard, obviously it will be there. It's just use logic, and not childish arguments. Don't know if it will have a role in the plot -probably not. And I personally don't care for it, though.

Don't care for someone explaining about mega evolutions here and there, addressing old plots and giving a sense of continuity ... but I agree it would be annoying to have it as a main point in story again. Mega evolution was the focus of generation VI, so let's move on.

And as for mega evolutions, it will be odd if it were dropped. But just not overdone it. There's no need to introduce more than 15 different megas. Give for Pokemon that need it, specially some Kalos and Unova Pokemons.

Uhh... so, what's with all the hate towards Zygarde and Kalos all of a sudden? It also seems like there's starting to be some sort of prejudiced view towards anybody who dares to speculate about it. Is there something that I missed? Did something happen? PM's are fine for an explanation, I don't want to be derailing this thread.

i had no issues with the camera or size! i just used the d-pad since the circle pad seemed to control the camera directly. as for getting around, i mostly used taxis. it really wasn't that bad at all.

I seem to spend a lot of my time in-game in Lumiose, so maybe I've kind of memorized it somewhat. And yes, the taxis are a very helpful convenience as well.

Frankly, I think I have more trouble navigating Sunyshore City... those solar panel roads kind of throw me off.

About Lumiose city, the problem is the camera and the pointless buildings, it need functionality and reasons to be there.

Well, most cities and towns in Pokémon have some pointless buildings filled with NPCs who exist solely to spout off some interesting dialogue. But the thing is, that in itself is part of the fun, at least for somebody like me, who likes the adventuring aspect of the games. It's an optional detail that fleshes out the world a little. I like going around and talking to everyone just to see what they have to say. And I would definitely take something like that over something like Saffron City, which had all of two NPC houses despite being the biggest city in Kanto.

I don't want to actually visit Kalos, but I do want to see it get some form of representation alongside the other five regions. Which seems like a rather daunting task when combined with my condition that the games should not overdose on nostalgia.

I seem to spend a lot of my time in-game in Lumiose, so maybe I've kind of memorized it somewhat. And yes, the taxis are a very helpful convenience as well.

Frankly, I think I have more trouble navigating Sunyshore City... those solar panel roads kind of throw me off.

Well, most cities and towns in Pokémon have some pointless buildings filled with NPCs who exist solely to spout off some interesting dialogue. But the thing is, that in itself is part of the fun, at least for somebody like me, who likes the adventuring aspect of the games. It's an optional detail that fleshes out the world a little. I like going around and talking to everyone just to see what they have to say. And I would definitely take something like that over something like Saffron City, which had all of two NPC houses despite being the biggest city in Kanto.

Yeah, but the problem is that Lumiose is too big and confusing, so enter in a lot of pointless building is really annoyng.

Anyway, I really like Lumiose, but understand the complaints. Just think it's no reason to not have more big cities, but make a better planning.

I do not want plot points dropped nor an old Pokemon Professor, and I would rather not have anything to do with Kalos or Zygard. Just because I want to see the glorious fandom meltdown XD.

Honestly, I really don't want another overly cheesy evil team. Some cheese is fine. Super serious is unnecessary. Strike a balance. Give them reasonable goals amd motivations while still making them colorful. That's how Team Rocket has endured for so long.

Honestly, I really don't want another overly cheesy evil team. Some cheese is fine. Super serious is unnecessary. Strike a balance. Give them reasonable goals amd motivations while still making them colorful. That's how Team Rocket has endured for so long.

I thought the balance of serious vs. silly was hit pretty well with Team Plasma. They had their random funny lines, but they were still committed to their task. Team Flare were a huge joke with a serious leader, but not even in the self-aware way that Team Galactic was, where Cyrus was intentionally surrounding himself with idiots who would be happy to do his bidding without questioning anything. The Flare grunts were all just idiots, straight-up.

1) I don't want some awkward hinted relationship between you an another character (XY: guy and shauna or ORAS: player with gender counterpart)

2) I also don't want more than 2 rivals, BW it was okay, but XY pushed it to a new low where virtually all the rivals were NOT developed enough for me to care about them, they had sectioned off the collective roles of battling and pokedex into separate people which was a recipe for bland characters...

-Don't overload on nostalgia: As said before, it was pretty heavy-handed over the past few years and left a bitter taste for me. I'd like for them to reach a balance, celebrate the old, but don't forget the new, and don't let the past overshadow the present and future.
-On the same note, if this anniversary game is to tie all regions together, then give each their fair shake. Don't give one more preferential treatment, this is a celebration of all of Pokémon, not just Kanto, or Johto, or Kalos.
-Zygarde: I wouldn't mind seeing our expectations broken in full as we're too reliant on them (that's why Sun/Moon blindsided fans so many fans), but at the same time, I definitely understand the need to wrap its story up. So on that note, if it does appear, I don't want it to be involved in the main plot. I want Sun/Moon to have its own character, and while having connections to other regions is fine, having a (supposed at least) major legendary from another region have a lion share of the focus in its plot I feel would do more harm then good.

Yeah, but the problem is that Lumiose is too big and confusing, so enter in a lot of pointless building is really annoyng.

Anyway, I really like Lumiose, but understand the complaints. Just think it's no reason to not have more big cities, but make a better planning.
Yeah. Mauville was much better, albeit slightly confusing, and Castelia in BW was done really well. They just need to fix some of the flaws with Lumiose because at a point it is possible to navigate, but they just need to change some things like building designs.
I do not want plot points dropped nor an old Pokemon Professor, and I would rather not have anything to do with Kalos or Zygard. Just because I want to see the glorious fandom meltdown XD.

tumblr_mhk0ch2tFd1s3400oo1_500.gif

Also because I'm battling on my game and typing while in battles, I realized something else that I really don't want to see. MR. MIME. At least change it's model because omg it is so freaking creepy. I'll probably have nightmares from randomly looking at my game and seeing that thing now. ;_;

Also Sky Battles can die. Remove them immediately.
I think they were an interesting concept that were implemented terribly. Battles that restrict you to a select few specific Pokemon is a concept that I think is worth pursuing in some form. I do like the potential for strategic thinking they offer.

I think they were an interesting concept that were implemented terribly. Battles that restrict you to a select few specific Pokemon is a concept that I think is worth pursuing in some form. I do like the potential for strategic thinking they offer.

I just don't think they were a worthwhile inclusion. Especially when it forced them to make Tropius, Xatu and Skarmory look so hideous in their models.

I don't want Soaring or Dexnav to come back. Don't want Zygarde to not be in the post game because it needs closure and anyone who says otherwise is wrong. Don't want trainer customization or pokemon customization to be in the game.

Friendly rivals. I want at least 1 of them to be mean to you.
Also no villain team plots that are similar to a past villain team plot. I found Team Flare to be too similar to Team Galactic and their plot even though the goal was slightly different between the two. I want something original.
Mega evolutions.

I don't want Soaring or Dexnav to come back. Don't want Zygarde to not be in the post game because it needs closure and anyone who says otherwise is wrong. Don't want trainer customization or pokemon customization to be in the game.

Why is closure in the post game not ok, but (presumably) closure in the main game ok?

Also DexNav is one of the better features from recent games and (to quote yourself here) "anyone who says otherwise is wrong".

Edit: Ok I think I read the Zygarde bit wrong since you used double negatives which tripped me up.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom