• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Facility Speculation

Kallyle

Starwalker Neo
Reaction score
Okay, remember the fact that the Strange Souvenir guy said that his region had a facility that we wouldn't believe? However, since Masuda thinks that people wouldn't appreciate something like a Battle Frontier, I'm starting to think that all we might get from now on is just one facility with the standard battle style and nothing extra (aka an ordinary Battle Tower-like building).

So, do you think that there will be some sort of fun gimmick that sets it apart form what we had previously, or do you think that we're just going to get a standard facility with only the regular in-game battle styles? What do you personally want from this new facility?

Discuss!

Not sure if this has been done before, since I don't generally do much with these facilities, but I think it would be interesting if every time you interact with someone online it saves their avatar and party to use as an opponent in the facility. Also anytime you interact with someone who has reached the hall of fame it could save their hall of fame data as an opponent, possibly for special battles where you pit your hall of fame team against others. This idea could have a problem if you interact with a bunch of weaker opponents, but maybe it could separate opponents into tiers based on number of badges or only save data from players who have reached a certain point.

Battle Maison might be reserved for gen 6 only. I heard about this guy in XY who talks about a facility in the faraway region. I wonder if that is appearing in Sun and Moon?

No more Maison...
tumblr_inline_mqhj1iqVts1qz4rgp.gif

I swear if they cut and paste it in another game...

I've been toying with the idea that perhaps it ties into the Gen 1 Pokemon. Like a Retro Battle House, were you play with the gen 1 ruleset, albeit updated at the least with the new types. But stuff like special stays as one stat, natures and abilities are disabled and so on so forth.

I think we're getting a Pokemon World Tournament 2.0.

Masuda already said the BF isn't interesting for modern fans, but he hasn't said the same for the PWT.

Edit: Something just crossed my mind... What if the Strange Souvenir guy didn't mean a Battle Facility at all? Or not a proper one anyway... I mean, the Battle Chateau is a Facility, and it's just a place where you battle different people, without rules, not in a tournament mode like Tower, Subway, BF, etc

Also, he could have referred to the new version of the Tower/Subway/Maison. Imagine if it is located say, underwater? That would make it surprising, even if it was the same thing in essence. Just saying...

Anyway, my bet, and personal preference, is a PWT 2.0

Last edited:

Masuda already said the BF isn't interesting for modern fans, but he hasn't said the same for the PWT.
PWT would be a good way to bring in anniversary content as well, since it allows old characters to be brought back to battle.

Yeah, I think the PWT is very appropriate for a celebration.

Last edited:
edit: Something just crossed my mind... What if the Strange Souvenir guy didn't mean a Battle Facility at all?
True true....

One idea I mentioned some time ago is a facility that allows you to change the type of Poke Ball a Pokemon is in (bring your own ball types). Who doesn't want, e.g, their Umbreon in a matching Moon Ball?

The one problem I had with PWT is that you get BP instead of experience points and your pokemon levels match your opponents. If PWT returns, I like it to be a place to train pokemon. Add the Elite Four as well.

The one problem I had with PWT is that you get BP instead of experience points and your pokemon levels match your opponents. If PWT returns, I like it to be a place to train pokemon. Add the Elite Four as well.
You already have the Pokemon League for Pokemon training purposes. And in B2W2 you also many other places. Why the PWT as well? I think what the majority of players like about it is that you can FINALLY have fair battles against past gym leaders and champions, without level differences.

You already have the Pokemon League for Pokemon training purposes. And in B2W2 you also many other places. Why the PWT as well? I think what the majority of players like about it is that you can FINALLY have fair battles against past gym leaders and champions, without level differences.
Sometimes I like to do something other than pokemon league. I just prefer to train pokemon in PWT than earning BP.

I don't see why a revised PWT couldn't have a mode where you're able to use your Pokemon at their real levels and gain a bit of experience, the tradeoff perhaps being that you wouldn't be able to earn BP in that mode (because otherwise BP farming would be much too easy).

I'd think if they are having the backpacker tease it it's something completely new. And the PWT has been done before obviously, so it doesn't seem particularly exciting or fresh enough to be teased imo.

That being said, the PWT does seem a good addition to the games if they are celebratory in their intention, so I could see that being back regardless of this other facility.

Edit: Something just crossed my mind... What if the Strange Souvenir guy didn't mean a Battle Facility at all? Or not a proper one anyway... I mean, the Battle Chateau is a Facility, and it's just a place where you battle different people, without rules, not in a tournament mode like Tower, Subway, BF, etc

Also, he could have referred to the new version of the Tower/Subway/Maison. Imagine if it is located say, underwater? That would make it surprising, even if it was the same thing in essence. Just saying...

Anyway, my bet, and personal preference, is a PWT 2.0
Νot underwater, on the water. After the innovation and genious of Yugioh 5Ds, Gamefreak brings the next step in vehicular warfare: Monster Battles on Jetskis.

I'm not fussed about it, so long as we get the Maison's standard options and format then it's good in my books - I do like the ability to stop in the middle of a challenge and continue when I want to. Means I can earn BP for every battle rather than after a series of battles. Admittedly, it was hard for me to get into competitive back in 4th and 5th because the mechanics simply weren't as easy (and you need that sort of team just to survive), but still.

However, I do agree with one thing that could be added - Inverse Battles, as mentioned in a different thread. They hardly use this thing in Generation VI, and nobody (and I mean nobody) wants to do an Inverse Battle with someone else!

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom