• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New smartphone game Pokémon Co-Master announced for Japan: To be released spring 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
New smartphone game Pokémon Co-Master announced for Japan: To be released spring 2016

A new smartphone game, Pokémon Co-Master, has been announced for Japan. It will be released in spring 2016.

Continue reading...

Um... don't we already have Pokémon GO? The whole AI thing sounds interesting, but I don't see the need for dueling Pokémon smartphone games with a Game Freak project like GO being a thing. We really don't need this, especially if it's going to take away from not only GO but also potential news on Sun and Moon. Of course, that is just my opinion.

Can anyone please explain to me why the Pokémon Company thought it was a good idea to push out another mobile game when GF is still in the process of trying to release Pokémon GO? I'm kind of confused here...

Well, considering that they are trying to reboot(?) the forgotten TFG (Training Figure Game) in a way where it doesn't cost the company too much money to produce more stuff (hence virtual figures work very well over hand-made ones that have to be mass produced), its very good to see this app being made. Yes, it will have micro-transitions, because it wouldn't be smart to give players free additional figures, much like what they do with charging people to buy Pokemon cards IRL to play the card game better. After all, this seems to be a much more better reworking of Pokemon TFG.

This is my prediction, so it may or may not be 100% true. But what I said makes a lot of sense to why we are getting this app in the first place: Because TFG was a fun concept written on paper, and while it failed, a virtual edition/reboot will work heaps better.

The only problem is: its currently one-player only. Aganist the most toughest as f*** AI. So...unless there's a way to make online multiplayer servers or stuff, its unlikely that this game will do very well. But I have hopes on this anyway.

I always thought the TFG was a neat idea, but never felt like plunking a whole lot of money into it. Hopefully this ends up coming stateside so I can give it a go.

So the game came out today, and I got it myself.

I wish I knew Japanese in the menu's and stuff, but the game itself is kinda, easy to learn, hard to master kind of thing.

EDIT: If you have any questions, i'd be pleased to answer.

Um... don't we already have Pokémon GO? The whole AI thing sounds interesting, but I don't see the need for dueling Pokémon smartphone games with a Game Freak project like GO being a thing. We really don't need this, especially if it's going to take away from not only GO but also potential news on Sun and Moon. Of course, that is just my opinion.

Can anyone please explain to me why the Pokémon Company thought it was a good idea to push out another mobile game when GF is still in the process of trying to release Pokémon GO? I'm kind of confused here...
"Dueling smartphone Pokemon games"

So what exactly do you think when TPC releases two side games for the handhelds? I've never seen anyone go "The Ranger series is going to eat away at PMD's sales!" The description of this game is so different from what GO will be doing that I find it hard to see how there's any overlapping competition.

Also Pokemon Shuffle's already been a thing for the longest time, along with Pokemon TCGO so....

We're in April. Sun and Moon's coverage hasn't even started (certainly not because of this game) and Go is still in its beta phase. Besides, Go is the only mobile game that could possibly be a distraction from anything else.

The better question is why Detective Pikachu hasn't been localized yet, or why they haven't announced the second episode for Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom