• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

For some reason, I have seen Sun and Moon with an estimated release date in October but that can chance. Anyway, E3 seems like a good place for a trailer.

For some reason, I have seen Sun and Moon with an estimated release date in October but that can chance. Anyway, E3 seems like a good place for a trailer.
They've done October before, but Holiday leads me to believe it's more of a November release. I don't think October is really considered Holiday season anymore in the sales world

Didn't X and Y come out in October? It's not impossible. Honestly the sooner they release it the fewer leaks are likely to happen, I feel, so it might behoove them to get it out there quickly, if at all possible.

Didn't X and Y come out in October? It's not impossible. Honestly the sooner they release it the fewer leaks are likely to happen, I feel, so it might behoove them to get it out there quickly, if at all possible.
That's not how distributions work. They select a date based on projected sales. If anything, putting a game out early to avoid leaks would be pointless as the release date is completely independant of how likely something is to get leaked.

If it does manage to come out sometime in November, it might be my birthday present. My birthday is November 26, which is a Saturday this year, so I can wait for the games at the same time as waiting for my birthday.

To add to what's already been said, leaks happen because games start circulating. If the games were to be released in April, then they'd be at as much risk of leaking two or three weeks before the actual sell date if the games were released in November.

The reasons the leaks happened in XY was because some stores decided to sell the games early. They'd obviously have them in stock much earlier than the actual release date. If XY were set to release earlier, then those same stores would have leaked in advanced of the actual release as well.

You calculate the release date first to maximise sales. Then the marketing cycle is worked out. Leaks suck, since they really hurt marketing, but they don't impact sales enough to alter release dates over.

Guys, just saw Serebii, CoroCoro will certainly have Sun/Moon news next month, possibly the box legends.

I don't know about starter, but the preview said, "the legend, begins".

Yeah, info next month was a given. I've been harping on that CoroCoro won't feature the games unless solid info is also present. The end of February reveal is much better then the beginning of January, the turn around from reveal to prerelease season was always going to be small, and I think the circumstances of the game will require it.

I have to wonder if our first gameplay footage will be featured next month as a result of that... Between it and Pokenchi, I see it happening for sure. I think I'll keep an eye out on the site and on the official YouTube for English language videos...

Actually, now that I think to actually look at the official english site, I'm surprised they don't have anything about pokemon Sun and Moon at all that I can see. I would think they'd at least have the logos up and something lame like "Check back for more exciting news!"

I would think they'd at least have the logos up and something lame like "Check back for more exciting news!"
Er... Here you go? I think certain URLs related to Sun & Moon currently redirect to this page. More than likely, the proper site will reveal itself once information and screenshots start rolling in.

Actually, now that I think to actually look at the official english site, I'm surprised they don't have anything about pokemon Sun and Moon at all that I can see. I would think they'd at least have the logos up and something lame like "Check back for more exciting news!"

When I go to the official site I see an announcement for Sun and Moon on the front page that links to the page that TouyaShiro gave.

I don't know about starter, but the preview said, "the legend, begins".

I don't understand why they didn't mention this on Serebii's front page... that could be a hint towards revelation of the Legendary mascots, but who knows.

I'm hoping we get a region name and map, the exploration is easily my favorite part of the game. I think anything we get though, I'll be pleased either way.

I'm so hyped that I can't even, is it April yet?!

It certainly is exciting to know we're finally getting some real info. There wasn't much else that we could speculate on at this point so now we we'll have some fresh stuff to analyze.

I wonder if we'll see something on Pokenchi before CoroCoro. Maybe silhouettes for the starters or box mascots or some gameplay?

That's actually not too terribly unlikely, though Coro Coro will leak a day or too after the show airs

Back
Top Bottom