• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Why did Game Freak foreshadow Sun and Moon in X and Y?

The Strange Souvenir can be forgotten as it is not that important. I just want a post game with Zygarde in a new area or in Kalos.

while i wouldn't say it's impossible, i don't think it's all that likely that Zygarde would play a relevant role in a game outside its original generation. not to mention, as it currently stands at least, the similarity between the oranges and blues used for Sun and Moon and Zygarde's chest is coincidental.

ultimately given that tangible ties to a previous region (and tech limitations) is the biggest cause of nearly all of Johto's weaknesses, i think that they probably wouldn't want to repeat a RBY-GSC situation again.

That would be weird considering that they made a point of saying that the Strange Souvenir region is far from Kalos.

In regards to what Silk said : yeah I thought about that after my post and realized that it wouldn't make sense. Unless the strange souvenir and all of the other stuff like talk about moondials, etc was seperate, but I doubt that'd be the case.

In regards to what godiego said: I agree, and I hope you're right. I'm not too fond of the idea of Zygarde playing a large role in the next games. The only thing that makes me think he may be of importance is the colors in this chest, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

In regards to what Silk said : yeah I thought about that after my post and realized that it wouldn't make sense. Unless the strange souvenir and all of the other stuff like talk about moondials, etc was seperate, but I doubt that'd be the case.

In regards to what godiego said: I agree, and I hope you're right. I'm not too fond of the idea of Zygarde playing a large role in the next games. The only thing that makes me think he may be of importance is the colors in this chest, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.
Are you serious? Zygarde needs to have a large role or at least a post game. Keeping it's forms in anime only is a bad decision in my opinion.

Are you serious? Zygarde needs to have a large role or at least a post game. Keeping it's forms in anime only is a bad decision in my opinion.
Alexander, I think it's clear to everyone at this point what your thoughts on Zygarde are. Your continued repetition of the pokemon and its lack of story focus is bordering on obnoxious behavior.

I would prefer either keeping Zygarde out of Sun/Moon or have it have a post-game with having it's forms accessible through items just to spread them out a bit and be something to obtain.

Alexander, I think it's clear to everyone at this point what your thoughts on Zygarde are. Your continued repetition of the pokemon and its lack of story focus is bordering on obnoxious behavior.
Sorry. I don't know if Sun and Moon were foreshadowed or not but they are clearly being made or almost finished being made.

Sorry. I don't know if Sun and Moon were foreshadowed or not but they are clearly being made or almost finished being made.

Sun and Moon have been in dev for at least two (likely three years. They release this holiday, likely November. Distribution would then begin in mid-late october. Final testing and localization with be done over the summer. It is now March.

They are very close to completion and I'm very certain were foreshadowed.

I would prefer either keeping Zygarde out of Sun/Moon or have it have a post-game with having it's forms accessible through items just to spread them out a bit and be something to obtain.
Z(eta) Episode.

Anyway, with regards to this thread, when I first saw the title, I thought "Surely every first paired game of a generation teased the next", but then I realized I was confusing that with the anime and movies that tease/release next gen Pokemon before the next gen is released... After thinking about it, yeah, I guess this really is the first time a new gen has been teased in a current gen's paired versions...
Although it may very well be hype for the 20th anniversary, I don't think it has to be that specific... i.e. they were hyping a new gen regardless, I think. One reason they did this now instead of for previous games might be that Pokemon main series sales are declining, so having hype so early on is a good marketing strategy. Another reason is that... I feel in comparison to other regions, Kalos had way more references to past gens/regions (esp Gen I), given it was basically the Nostalgia Generation. And so, they might have thought "Well if we're referencing all the previous regions, might as well reference the one we're working on currently too."

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom