• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

Well this wasn't too much of a surprise. I was hoping that they'd actually have some news after what they said last month, but saying that they'll have news next month for reals is pretty typical of CoroCoro. They have done this in the past with other games. I understand that they don't want to reveal too much too early, especially when the games won't be out for some time, and I don't want them to reveal too many new Pokemon like they did with X/Y, but going two whole months without any news of substance just feels like a pretty bad decision. Magearna's type confirmation isn't really anything of substance, especially when it was a pretty obvious type combination anyway. Throwing some small bits of information about the game or at least sillhouettes of new Pokemon if they didn't want to reveal them with this issue could have been nice. Just having an announcement of an announcement followed by another announcement of an announcement just feels so lame. The fact that we'll have to wait close to three months after the games were announced to get any solid information about the games is pretty frustrating.

I am annoyed by this, but I don't think as much as others partly because of how I knew this was sadly a good possibility and I'm still more ticked off at the whole first TV footage announcement that also turned out to be a great pile of nothing. I don't think it's the best marketing strategy to not give out any information about the games other than they exist. I'm sure it would make people more interested in news when it does eventually come out, but it's also going to just annoy people and get them burned out on waiting for news. Even if they couldn't show us anything from the games yet, some small details about the games could have worked instead of just dancing around it with joke answers or giving another announcement of an announcement. Granted, I'm not in marketing and I'm more of just an annoyed fan whose tired of being teased with news only to be disappointed, but providing some tiny bit of substance about the games is better than nothing, which we've gotten for the last couple of months. I really hope that they finally reveal the starters, box Legendary Pokemon and the playable trainers next month after all this waiting.

maybe they want to teach us patience?
what is the chance that we will get new pokemon faster showed in the anime?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we also have to wait three or so months after the announcement of XY before we got any substantial information? Granted it may have felt different then because we got its starters at reveal. This just seems like a very common thing that CoroCoro does. I'm seasoned to come to expect this sort of thing, it just feels too early.

Well this wasn't too much of a surprise. I was hoping that they'd actually have some news after what they said last month, but saying that they'll have news next month for reals is pretty typical of CoroCoro. They have done this in the past with other games. I understand that they don't want to reveal too much too early, especially when the games won't be out for some time, and I don't want them to reveal too many new Pokemon like they did with X/Y, but going two whole months without any news of substance just feels like a pretty bad decision. Magearna's type confirmation isn't really anything of substance, especially when it was a pretty obvious type combination anyway. Throwing some small bits of information about the game or at least sillhouettes of new Pokemon if they didn't want to reveal them with this issue could have been nice. Just having an announcement of an announcement followed by another announcement of an announcement just feels so lame. The fact that we'll have to wait close to three months after the games were announced to get any solid information about the games is pretty frustrating.

I am annoyed by this, but I don't think as much as others partly because of how I knew this was sadly a good possibility and I'm still more ticked off at the whole first TV footage announcement that also turned out to be a great pile of nothing. I don't think it's the best marketing strategy to not give out any information about the games other than they exist. I'm sure it would make people more interested in news when it does eventually come out, but it's also going to just annoy people and get them burned out on waiting for news. Even if they couldn't show us anything from the games yet, some small details about the games could have worked instead of just dancing around it with joke answers or giving another announcement of an announcement. Granted, I'm not in marketing and I'm more of just an annoyed fan whose tired of being teased with news only to be disappointed, but providing some tiny bit of substance about the games is better than nothing, which we've gotten for the last couple of months. I really hope that they finally reveal the starters, box Legendary Pokemon and the playable trainers next month after all this waiting.

I agree with this post wholeheartedly! It seems that GF is overcompensating for how much they revealed about the Gen. 6 games by giving big news droughts with very little information until its comes closer to the games release, followed by blatant trolling with the teasers just to let us know that the games still exist. I agree that it's a horrible marketing strategy. If GF weren't ready to release any info about the games in these past few months, then they shouldn't have announced Sun and Moon when they did.

However, as I said with my previous post in this thread, maybe the reason CoroCoro didn't show us any silhouettes is a hint that the box mascots for Sun and Moon aren't new legendary Pokémon, but rather supernatural/godlike versions of regular Pokémon like Solrock and Lunatone. In this case, showing silhouettes would have been detrimental for the big reveal.

The games are supposed to come out later this year, so revealing them at the Direct was actually good timing.

It's like I said earlier, this isn't uncommon. The drought of information followed by whining and complaints are all too familiar to me.

The games are supposed to come out later this year, so revealing them at the Direct was actually good timing.

It's like I said earlier, this isn't uncommon. The drought of information followed by whining and complaints are all too familiar to me.
People needs to relax and move on. Whatever kind of news that Gamefreak and Corocoro is planing next month, I'm sure that they want to make it a huge surprise.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we also have to wait three or so months after the announcement of XY before we got any substantial information? Granted it may have felt different then because we got its starters at reveal. This just seems like a very common thing that CoroCoro does. I'm seasoned to come to expect this sort of thing, it just feels too early.
Sylveon and Mega Mewtwo Y made the wait more interesting for most people, but then waiting four months for the former's type and then four months for actual details about the latter wasn't exactly fun. We even had to wait six months for the mascots' types.

I do think this year suffers from the movie just not being interesting enough. Magearna is a questionable choice for the first Pokemon to reveal, and the movie could use more new Pokemon as supporting characters.

The thing about X and Y was they did give us a huge 2 minute trailer at the very start. It was probably a good 3 months before we started to get some pretty huge info dumps. We had that trailer though to hold us over and that revealed the starters, legendaries, graphics, and bits of Kalos. This time, 2 months later, we have nothing really.

we have 6 generations and data from that. They also have and make use wonder.
We may get a new generation maybe like gen III, that a whole bunch of new pokes at start with only a few of other regions and further we may get more?

Ouch, we got trolled again. I was expecting Starter silhouettes or at least a new Pokemon reveal, but now I don't know whether to be salty or just laugh. At the rate things are going, next month's box cover reveal will likely just feature the silhouettes of the cover Legendaries with the caption saying, "Could these be new Pokemon?!?!? Find out next month!".

So this month corocoro is the reveal of Magearna's type. Not exactly impressive as some of us predicted that it would be Steel/Fairy which we already have by the way (Klefki). Looks like this month's corocoro mentions nothing about next month's issue so we can be having nothing in May.

Looks like this month's corocoro mentions nothing about next month's issue so we can be having nothing in May.

Except that it revealed that next month's issue of CoroCoro will provide a huge news scoop on Pokémon Sun & Moon... :confused:

So this month corocoro is the reveal of Magearna's type. Not exactly impressive as some of us predicted that it would be Steel/Fairy which we already have by the way (Klefki). Looks like this month's corocoro mentions nothing about next month's issue so we can be having nothing in May.

Oh they did, we're getting the box art next month!

Except that it revealed that next month's issue of CoroCoro will provide a huge news scoop on Pokémon Sun & Moon... :confused:
Unfortunately, Corocoro has the habit of overhyping the news which doesn't turn out to be as big as they say it is. This "huge news" might just be silhouettes for all we know.

Unfortunately, Corocoro has the habit of overhyping the news which doesn't turn out to be as big as they say it is. This "huge news" might just be silhouettes for all we know.

Uh, they've teased the box arts this month, so we'll at least get the full reveal next month. :p

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more with @Hidden Mew. It's impossible to not get stressed at the fact that every month (and every week as of late) the "worst case scenario" becomes real. Anyway, I hope the mascots have good designs, more akin to XY than BW, as there's a 50% chance that that will be all the news se will get next month...

I think people are downplaying the 4 months wait in XY, Sylveon & Mega Mewtwo both sparkled more discussions individually than the starters combined.

Back
Top Bottom