• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia The 100 Mafia (Endgame - Mafia and Independents Victory)

Should there be a 24 hr extension on Day 2?

• Yes

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You and I aren't going to get along if you read joking around as scummy.

That said, I suppose there is a time and a place for everything, and after all the serious business that had already occurred in D1, this does not make a good first impression.

I'll go ahead and Vote: MetalMarsh until such time as he provides coherent cogent content.

it's about time and place and it's about balance.

its one thing to joke around at the begoinnign of the game or another thing if you are actually providing content/reads or anyhting.

its another to do it after we just lost a pretty good village PR.

it's about time and place and it's about balance.

its one thing to joke around at the begoinnign of the game or another thing if you are actually providing content/reads or anyhting.

its another to do it after we just lost a pretty good village PR.
You'll note, I happened to agree with you on timing.
I do enjoy the occasional pun or Knock, Knock joke in-thread, though...mostly as a host or at the beginning of D1.

Well I would personally say we didn't loose a good PR, but I dislike vigs they always seem to shoot civs. So I'd say it isn't that big a deal. No reason to loose moral over it.

I'm not seeing an issue with MM re joking, it is the way he plays and isn't an alignment indicator.

Well I would personally say we didn't loose a good PR, but I dislike vigs they always seem to shoot civs. So I'd say it isn't that big a deal. No reason to loose moral over it.

I'm not seeing an issue with MM re joking, it is the way he plays and isn't an alignment indicator.

regardless of whatt you think of the player,

the only way to kill wolves is through village killpower, and losing ways to kill wolves is bad since we only have a limited amount of it.

also i am pretty confident eevee is town.

I believe that they are feeling a lack of motivation and I think mafia would be fine with how the events played out.

Mech Engineer I also think is town but not for that reason. Moreso because I like how he's handled himself WRT how he accuses and makes an arguement for the people he's voting for and how he is presenting his thoughts on the game

ill go more in depth later when i have time etc but im just giving an idea where my head is at right now for those who might not be around later.

If you have thoughts or concerns @message me and ill get back at you in thread with your questions

Just going to share my quick thoughts of what happened so far. I'll need to read a little more deeper of what happened but in the meantime, enjoy some half-baked thoughts from me:

What I meant in that section of my post is that having two scum with radios means that there would be one less townie with a radio that might follow OC orders.
Therefore, it doesn't make sense for two scum to power wolf for a radio, when all they need is one scum to get a radio.

It would make sense for scum to have more than one radio because it would cut the town's ability to OOC with each other. I wouldn't be surprised if scum has an interception ability with the radios that allows them to "spy" without the use of the radio.

It wouldn't surprise me if one of the chaos starters was scum, but at most I'd say only one would be scum. It's also entirely possible that all of them are town, but due to the culture clash ended up arguing.

Personally, I wouldn't be too concerned about the argument between the two. I don't know if the argument between the two would give us any leads.

1. jackatlasred: he's behaving completely to his normal scummy looking meta, right down to his vote on Flashranite with no reason. Jack is usually "too scummy to be scum" for a reason. That reason is that he usually isn't scum. He is, however, a very easy mislynch.

I don't like that reasoning as to why you think Jack is town. I can understand Zexy, but I don't know why Jack. Your reasoning to think Jack is town instead of a null is based on his meta and not game specific as to why he's town.

It would make sense for scum to have more than one radio because it would cut the town's ability to OOC with each other. I wouldn't be surprised if scum has an interception ability with the radios that allows them to "spy" without the use of the radio.
Your point about scum limiting town OC is noted, and it does make a certain amount of sense. However, if scum does have a Spy ability that allows them to eavesdrop on radios without a radio, I'd call that very scum sided, and it would virtually render the actual Eavesdrop ability with the radio useless since, as was mentioned above, it is always in Town's best interests to talk over the radio, not eavesdrop.

Personally, I wouldn't be too concerned about the argument between the two. I don't know if the argument between the two would give us any leads.
My point exactly. I've been saying that the argument was unnecessary chaos and just nonsense for several posts now. You, on the other hand, commented at one point about how the argument between Frog and Sig felt like the one you and I staged in Build-It. Granted, that was before Frog's Modkill, but still...

I don't like that reasoning as to why you think Jack is town. I can understand Zexy, but I don't know why Jack. Your reasoning to think Jack is town instead of a null is based on his meta and not game specific as to why he's town.
Jack's meta literally hasn't changed since he started playing. He is a very often mislynched player, as you may recall from when we mislynched him to clinch the win in Build-It. My town reads are definitely not 100% clears, but I just want people to be very wary of lynching jack just because he looks scummy.

Wait I though I provided evidence for flash? I just forgot to vote for him in that post.

Vigilante is a very swingy role. It can also backfire, unlike investigations/protections that can only bring positive results (not going to consider Granny/PGO/Veteran, Claim Vig, etc.) So I don’t think the role itself was that huge of a loss, it’s the -1 townie that’s bad, the role itself is neutral.

As for radios, I think scum got or will get a radio by the host for balance. So I don’t expect an ability like Spy, they can just eavesdrop after all.

Seriously guys? Ten freaking pages!

Sorry for not posting sooner. I was at work all day yesterday. And careful when opening the spoiler. It might break your internet like it did mine.

Anyways time for my signature wall post. I wish HD was here so we could wallpost argue Enjoy!

Yes. It was I who killed Kenny!

Anyway, early D1 is early D1. I'll keep my eye on this thread.

Isn’t that the point of the game? What are your thoughts, feelings, etc. All I see is a joke and a “Hey I exist thus I’m not a lurker post”

so I should come out as a PR then?

Yo, does anyone with a radio want to come out and say so?

I hate day 1's. Let that be known. I usually want to vote for low posters or no-shows on day 1 since I ain't got crap to go on right now.

1) Coming out as a PR day one would do nothing but help mafia, unless you’re on the chopping block and have no choice. Though it’ll still probably help mafia. Strongman and rolecop are two common roles for mafia. Assuming BMG hasn’t changed that much in my absence. So it’s better to trust in private (though that’s not a large option for this game) and hope you don’t get rolecopped.

2) Didn’t DB say it’ll be told somewhere who has radios?

3) Activity is the worst thing to lynch on. Never lynch on activity. For example-there was a player infamous for his inactivity. One time we lynched him D1 or D2 just for being more active than usual. He was the doctor. We lynched on activity and lost a PR. Also some of us can’t get on due to something such as working all of Monday. Like me for example. It’s best to learn who can be super active and who can’t but never to lynch based on that. FinalArcadia and myself are two players who aren’t super active due to things like work and class. (Unless she suddenly changed.)

I'm mafia so I've been reading and i will come up with reads soon. By soon i mean like 6 p.m. my time.

Point of this post? Why not just wait until then and post something that isn’t an announcement?

Well, I'm not actually a PR.

Or am I?!
clip_image001.png

Ah, I am used to games that sometimes don't modkill inactives. Which makes things...complicated. I'd probably be concentrating on low posters here. Because at the end of the day, often times I'm used to Mafia blending in in low-effort situations. This is not always the case, but I see it more often than not.

Again attacking over activity is bad. Also we generally try to sub out inactives before modkilling them here. If the host can’t get a sub then they might just modkill or we lynch them ourselves.

Midorikawa: Tends to be aggressive and makes wallposts with quotes and questions stuff and pressures… which is nothing I’ve seen so far, so I’m a bit alarmed. But she only came back now after quite the lengthy break, so it may be rustiness/not knowing the people well enough. When scum we tend to figure her out early enough so no worries

LIES!!! HD catches me as scum. Not we. HumanDawn. Also I swear almost every time I am godfather (which is most of the time) I get bussed. For no good reason. Literally. I can play as mafia, the proof is in my sig.
clip_image001.png

But yes I am an aggressive player and I adore my wall posts. Which you guys will see lots of in this game since most of the time I’ll be coming home from work or posting before I go and playing a lot of catch up because apparently there’s going to be ten pages a day.

Lots of disscussion going on but none of it is enough for me to place a vote yet. Just gonna wait this one out for now.

No thoughts? With so much happening you have nothing to say? I did saying being inactive is not scummy, but I was referring to inactivity due to real circumstances. Choosing to stay out of everything and not give thoughts on the other hand is scummy. All it equates to is when there’s a mislynch you can sit there claiming “well I wasn’t involved and didn’t agree with the lynch so I’m not scum.” Which is scummy.

When does this period end? Just so I can manage my time here over the next 48 hours. Thanks. Sorry for the spotty initial activity, I promise it'll increase once my RL settles down.

For future reference-the hosts post the end of the phase time in their posts.

Oh, good, I'll definitely be able to pop in before then. Cool. Thanks! See you all soon.

I should just give up commenting on how unuseful these posts are -_-

I'm not 100% sure about Flashranite, as he seems to be overaccusative and voted without providing his full reason (while not giving much of a reason for not providing the full reason (say that five times fast)). But it's a slight lean, and I wouldn't be too surprised if I was wrong.

This is scummy. It’s just a post made to look like you’re taking a stance, but you end it with an out to not take responsibility for your opinions. Basically it’s neutral and being neutral is just scummy since it doesn’t help anyone and is just a way to avoid taking responsibility.

Hey guys, checkign in.

Im multitabling so im not going ot be around untill a bit later. Just letting you know i haven't forgotten abotu this game

You could have done that by just waiting until you have time to post something with substance, and then posted with substance right away. This is just pointless.

I don't like that vote on Zexy. It seems like Flash is either trying to fear lynch Zexy without good cause or is trying to mislynch a powerful player.

Vote: Flash

Just to balance the votes for now. I'll take this off if Flash gives better reasoning for that vote.

Why are you concerned over one vote on Zexy? Seems strange to be worried about ONE vote on a player that is NOT YOURSELF. Zexy could tie the votes on himself easily since it is ONE vote.

Agreed on Flash. What I don't like is how he's tunneling on me.

At some point he asked for content from other people, yet he didn't bother reading too many other people.

He also accused me of being inactive when there are WAY more inactive players around.

Not gonna vote him yet, though; town!him may play like this for all I know
clip_image001.png

Sorry I had to work. :p

Anyways this is too neutral. Why the neutrality? Because calling him scum would seem too OMGUS for you? And what’s wrong with tunneling? If I notice something scummy in someone’s post and start attacking them and tunneling on them, then am I scum because I noticed something no one else noticed?

I find statements like this to be redundant and potentially indicative of scum allignment. After all, would anyone actually go out and declare:

"I randed scum. Please kill me."

I RANDED SCUM. PLEASE KILL ME. :angel:

This is the kind of Frog I like seeing. While not that sure that Sigurd's scum myself (I'm afraid to form any kind of read on him after the scrimmage) I can see some townstuff in Frog posts
clip_image001.png

Again a neutral comment on a player.

FrogSC2 said:
Meh - I'd put it to you this way. Scum hardly has the balls to declare their alignment off the bat.

Quoting this for the new to BMG players.

I do this all the freaking time. Then again I also claim scum as a townie so you never know. It’s a joke thing I do. Zexy didn’t say that in his stuff about me! Which means @Zexy; You don’t know me well enough anymore. For shame!

We know jackatlasred well enough to not just lynch him because of his "I'm mafia" joke, please. You probably don't understand the meta you came in well enough yet; this place is inactive, jokes run rampant yet we don't consider this day 1 stuff FPS at all, and there are no CFDs.

... it was made clear in the rules that there is limited out of thread (but not out of GAME) communication. The way we play here is just different.

Hypoclaiming is the way to go when most people know what it is. Over here we never bothered because the cop/seer/whatever could just PM their checks and say "hey I'm the cop and checked you town, want an alliance?"

I think Sigurd is slightly scummy because of what you said, yet Scotty is slightly civvie like Sigurd said.

The radios are the only way for us to use outside chat this game, and Bulbagarden is used to outside chat, so it's in our best interest to try to touch the radio topic. Not that everyone would comply with the in-thread consensus, though
clip_image001.png

... now that the culture clashes become more and more obvious, do you all realize why I suggested I get a radio?
clip_image001.png

Because you’re scum? I could imagine scum trying to get people to get them a radio, but a townie shouldn’t be so desperate.

Also considering at the time Frog called Sigurd scum for agreeing with Scotty, another neutral action because gosh forbid both are the same alignment right?

I wasn't talking about breadcrumbing. I was claiming and simultaneously not claiming a PR.

But also, so aggressive so early? You seem to know stuff or want people to see that you are trying to solve the game, and I read this as trying too hard.

VOTE FLASH

So I assume you’re talking to Flash here. So aggressive=trying to hard=scummy then?

Then I guess I’m your next target to vote. Ah feels like old times.

I'm going to have to disagree with that, this place is very quiet compared to others, but by no means inactive. Jokes are fairly common d1, but at its worst, there's just an extended RVS. There rarely are CFDs, as well, and they've most often been used/attempted by scum.

Does CFD’s=cop fake claims.

If so then yeah those are rare, those I’ve seen them a few times.

I've seen the word used a lot in the last couple of pages, but what is hypoclaiming? I tried figuring it out from context, but I've got no clue lol.

Glad I wasn’t the only one. I thought it was just because I haven’t been on BMG mafias in so long.

FinalArcadia said:
Not wanting to discuss radio discussion by no means should be considered an anti-town action just by principle. The game hadn't officially started, no one had anything to go off of other than their own role PM and alignment during that discussion. There's no way to make an informed opinion about it that would be safe, and there is the risk that someone might be impressionable enough to follow what prominent players (and those who can be either the biggest boon or the biggest bane - depending on alignment - to town as a result) might say. As such, I don't think not liking the discussion is a clear-cut scum- or town-read.

Flash feels like he's really reaching with the Zexy scumread. Much as I don't agree with the radio discussion, Zexy's logic about the radio and giving one to him made sense (even moreso now after seeing that a liaison between the different sites' players could be good with all the differences in setup/meta/etc. we seem to have) and doesn't seem solid as a reason to vote him. At least, that's a big part of why I also find Flash suspicious, and it stands out the most so far. While I'm at it, for now

1) Agreed that comments on wanting to discuss it or not are not indicative of alignment.

2) Why do you think Zexy deserves a radio. You act as though is so obvious to everyone. You act as though he’s confirmed town. Please share with the rest of us if so. I haven’t read the whole radio discussion so I’m failing to see why Flash is so scummy in context of the actual game, that started Monday morning.

For my Scotty post, I'm liking his posts so far it's a gut/tone read. I don't see an issue with that.

Speaking of liking posts, I want to comment on this to everyone. Liking does not indicate alignment. You can like a post because you agree with it, or maybe it has something funny in it and that’s why you like it. You can be watching two people duke it out and like both their posts. Liking is liking. What should matter is what you type.

I doubt we have a Miller here, one would have almost certainly claimed by now.

Anyway, Frog's wallposts do look towing to me, I don't think scum would go through that much effort. But he's supposedly a good player, so we'll see.

1) Not true. Miller claims “You could just be scum claiming miller.” So not necessarily and I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Miller here. The character Maya is a resident of Mount Weather, however she helps the Coalition. As do other members of Mount Weather. There is most likely a godfather as well, not because that happens often on BMG, but because President Wallace starts off helping the group and then turns on them. So for a while they think he’s on their side until like the very end.

2) Pfft if you think Frog was doing wallposts then you must have died when you saw this. Zexy has already said how I always do wallposts, this is regardless of alignment, thus wallposts do not make alignment. Other than that, that comment is too neutral. For the off chance that he could have been mafia the whole “I said I wasn’t fully convinced” thing.

*towny

I hate browsing the Internet on my iPod

My phone once changed lock to lick while I was on skype so I literally told this to a bunch of people: “I could lick him in a room but that might get social workers on me.” Consider yourself lucky.

I go to sleep for a couple of hours, and there's three new pages... Whoa. Why can't my games ever have that kind of activity?!

Trying going to work and getting on to ten pages while there is still posting going on. Though activity is nice in games.

Eh, it's just a read. I would post more, but the iPod browser is (to put it lightly) a pain in the rear end to use, so I'll probably make a longer post when I have access to a computer in about 8-9 hours

Holding you to that.

Also his reaction to the outside of thread chats was more of a reaction a town would make rather than a scum trying to fake a town reaction in my opinion. It's possible he could be fakign but i think it is very very unlikely.

Outside communications being allowed hurts mafia more than town actually. Town has no reason to fear that since it’s one of the best methods for figuring out mafia since the cop can find someone privately, and thus they don’t have to come out in thread or grasp at straws to get scum lynched if checked scum is a good player. Mafia on the other hand need fake claims, and have to worry about said above situation with cop. Granted they can hide in alliances but you never know. Also there is occasionally counterclaim issues. I think it was Disney mafia where scum and town both had trackers. Screwed the scum tracker over…ironically me. T_T

But really, Frog is posting a ton of crap and making long posts. That would just attract way too muh attention as scum, especially when it would be much better to post less to blend in (and you'd be less likely to screw up) and since he seems to be scumhunting based on his interactions, he seems towing to me.

So if I’m loud and post lots then I’m town? This is not very good logic. All it means is that frog can be online more than others. A lot of his posts were half baiting and insulting. Scum could act just like him, it doesn’t mean they’re town.

Oh crap well umm... Im late and well here are my reads so far. Dang Im busy.

Me and zexy seem town unless i missed something last minute. From everyone else i don't. Know what to expect. Either way...

I don't quite agree with flash, people were saying what this game came down to and they said metas. To state metas is not exactly scummy when people ask for it. You are making baseless accusations and are rather repetative. Either way i can't say i don't see your point as no one scum hunted in the beginning. Then again it is day one and we getting there.

The part on Flash is so neutral. More neutrality in this game. Why do you think you and Zexy are town?

@FrogSC2

what are your town reads in the game so far?

What are yours?

Inside knowledge? Seriously? I can read back, you should too.

Did I say he was town? Did I say the two that voted Flash were voting out of a Zexy townread? No, I am not.

Me and zexy seem town

You didn’t say those who voted Flash were but you did say Zexy was.

You're also telling scum you're not, and that helps them find those who are.

Don’t assume scum is so foolish young padawan. PRs could claim not to be PRs to avoid scum attention. Not that that matters. Scum will usually take out who at the time is most hurtful to them regardless of role. Sure cop and doc are worries, but if a townie is just doing well period, then scum will go after them before the other two just because they are the bigger threat.

All this does is call mafia’s attention to that claim. Someone slips in something like that, calling it out over and over just shows it to everyone and then there is no hope that mafia missed it.

I meant maniacal engineer by ME. Also i can see it's clear the votes on flash were because he voted zexy not because he was town or anyrhing but just cause he voted defensively. Call it spam but flash isn't exactly doing anything but getting on my scum reads. You can call my reads

Town

Zexy

ME

Mafia

Flash

Why is Zexy town?

FrogSC2 said:
make a case my friend. I could just say "I disagree with everything you say because 'raisins'", but it's ENTIRELY meaningless and anti-town to do so.

Again directed at everyone, not arguing back is not always bad. Sometimes two people will go back and forth and just keep repeating themselves to the point that sometimes a response is just pointless. Sometimes there is no response to someone else’s post because it could be so insane you’re not sure how to respond or something like that.

Let's all calm down, shall we? Accusations flying left and right only benefit scum, because all they have to do is sit back and watch the carnage.

Frogman, my initial analysis of you remains the same.

You post quite a bit, but you go off on pointless tangents often, such as the whole bit about out of thread vs out of game communication.

There is a time and a place for everything. Having that conversation here is nothing but fluff posting. You want to talk about mafia philosophy? Wonderful! I'd be happy to hear your innermost thoughts on mafia games, right here.

However, you've been contributing, albeit rather aggressively, which has been rather useful and has generated conversation.

When you do raise points, they are also very good points regarding people not answering your questions.

Also, did everyone else notice the part where Froggy seemed to claim VT? Was that a joke claim, or did you actually mean it?

Zexy, I'd like to believe you're Town, but you're insistence on receiving a radio is now coming off as power hungry, like Flash's insistence on the same.

I understand where you're coming from, and I rather doubt two scum would try to make a play for a radio, since, as the only form of OC, having as many townies to listen in on or give instructions to would be beneficial to scum.

You are the player who knows the most metas and is familiar with the most communities out of all of us, which, again, is why you were elected as our rep, but that also makes you very, very dangerous as scum.

I admit, I was going to vote for Flash this phase, but enough people have beaten me to the punch where I do not feel comfortable adding to that bandwagon at this time, especially since Zexy is exhibiting the same power hungry behavior that Flash was.

I'll go back and check on a couple of things and be back with a vote in a bit.

And neutrality. Once again. If you don’t like Zexy’s power hungry then why not just vote him?

let me be more clear, I don't think frog is town on the mech posts alone. I think his aggression and reaction to OGC chat are bigger indicators of his towniness than the mech posts. I think reading him based on quantity/length of posts alone, which is what leetic seems to be doing is bad, but I dont know if it's bad for bulba meta because leetic also said that aq scum wouldn't want to draw attention to himself that way(which i understood as posting alot). I don't think frog looks at posting alot as drawing attention to himself so I was asking for input from bulba regulars is this is a valid read.

What is indicative though of frog's towniness is his aggression. Frog is rustling feathers and he has the self awaredness that he is doing so. If he was mafia I don't think he stirs the pot nearly as much as he has done so thus far.

That’s not true here, just from what Zexy said about me earlier. I’m an aggressive player and attack everyone, and question so much. I’m always attracting attention to myself. Apparently there are differences in my mafia and town playstyle, but honestly I think that’s only in private communications and the one that usually catches that is not in this game.

Anyways point is you can see all kinds of playstyles here that don’t indicate alignment. It’s a matter of catching slip ups in posts.

its not

he's saying that he's in agreement enough with me that we can be masons. It's an expression not a claim.

Like in the movie stepbrothers where will ferrel says to the other guy "Did we just become best friedns"

For future references, please explain things like this to us when you guys make them. When we don’t understand something about a player we may jump to wrong conclusions that can be bad. Such as me claiming to be scum, if you guys tried to lynch me off of that, then that would be bad since I do that regardless of alignment. After a few games we should learn your playstyles a little or some players will and that will help us in the long run.

FrogSC2 said:
I HOPE NOT. If there are masons I'd expect either cult or mafia vig.

To the non-BMG natives, not sure how masons usually are with your site, but most of the time you won’t see this. There have been a few unique mason roles, but they are usually town and just masons.

@Sigurd I played in the Wild West game in MU, in which I decided to sub out due to 2 main reasons: 1) I missed two of my Jailor actions due to unfamiliar phase lengths and 2) I was just too far behind to catch up.

Are you softclaiming a non-PR? Or are you mafia? If you're mafia, please tell us, so we can end this game quicker.

Since when does mafia claim outright…. Save for me.

omg thid last post sucks so bad on quotes - I hate this multi quote so bad[/QUOTE]

I have no desire to answer questions of someone who is naming calling espacilly when I'm being called a lazy town when we aren't even a full 48 hours into the real game.

@Caps I was making a joke nothing more nothing else, but if to many people read me as civ then I'm most likely mafia or I'm just a civ with a good game.
clip_image001.png

Okay cool I thought we played together but wasn't sure glad to see you in another game.

I'll also point out to everyone I'm a serious mafia player, but at the end of the day I play to have fun so yes I'll joke around, post OT, and not be serious all the time if you dislike that meh to bad. I can get very serious high post counts and what not, but that is rare if I have points to make, cases to build, or people to pursue I will. I won't just post alot to post and inflate my post count though. I view mafia for what it is a game and I'll treat it as such.
clip_image001.png

Please do. It’s fun when the game is taken seriously but not too seriously, and jokes are welcomed, just make sure it’s clear they are jokes.

Also unless it changed when BMG switched to using Xenforo-mafia posts don’t count towards post counts. Nothing in the fun and games section does.

Ok, let's have a new topic. Who's willing to answer this question honestly: If you had a radio, would you eavesdrop or talk for the next phase, and on what channel?

Why ask this question? If someone says eavesdrop then are they automatically scum? Looks like an opener to a possible easy lynch.

One is the highest? Meh who cares at this point anyone would just be spouting crap about why I should trust them. Eavesdropping Also makes it challenging. Anyone would be fine.

Not necessarily. Eavesdropping can be used to catch mafia, or mafia could use it to figure out which townies are dangerous.

- I think it may be more worth our time to do some sort of mass claiming within this or the next couple of phases.

I didn't want the radio discussion shut down. I'm worried having a discussion at that early of the game would lead to Mafia breadcrumbing early in the game.

Correct me if I'm wrong, where does it say that scum can only OC each other with radio? They don't have an OC where they can nighttalk on their own?

1) Massclaiming early on? Really? That’ll just hurt town since there is no outside communications, mafia can counterclaim or come up with very town fake claims, and well mafia can then have open access to town PRs.

2) What is there to discuss on the radios. Do we even know how they’re distributed?

3) It doesn’t say that about mafia anywhere. Most likely they have their own QT.

Ok, no response to my proposal before? I'm serious, if we don't make an attempt to organize radio use, town is missing out. I want answers.

Why? Why are you so desperate for it? If we put all the info about radios on the table, and our plans, then mafia can take advantage of that and just eavesdrop or manipulate through them if they have radios.

Sigurd, please address the questions Frog asked you at #261 and #264.

Thanks for explaining all that stuff, Hellcrow. You saved me quite a hassle since I’d have to do so while simultaneously catching up
clip_image001.png

Sigurd… I don’t see why you would call out Frog for using post counts when in the scrimmage game he was town and did just that. I think Frog was town -_-

I don’t think leetic’s posts were that bad despite what Frog said, because I know his meta.

Caps looks just fine, Jsach indeed didn’t ever reply to what I asked him.

Bopolis… idk he’s not aggressive as usual, yet he raises good enough points… but mostly about Frog alone. Wanna see more.

Next up, @Flashranite; You call me out for talking about meta in an early-game post when I don’t have anything else to go off of? You call me out for talking about meta in an early-game post when all I did was try to help the others read the people they don’t know more easily with some meta input? Don’t just expect us to scumhunt using info n0/early d1. Also, I tend to form townreads much more easily than scumreads, that’s how I play. I don’t get why townreading alone is that scummy to do early on, it helps you rule out some people that you wouldn’t like to see lynched early on. I didn’t say that PRs should claim, but that they should consider breadcrumbing. If you’ve read stuff but not respond to it, how should we know that you read it and actually considered it? It felt like plain tunneling, sorry. Problem is, with you, you expect me to do different things from what I really would… so yeah that’s the kind of stuff I can bring to the table d1, sorry if you don’t like it but I don’t have any better leads to use so…

I don’t think Hellcrow is scummy for the reasons Frog thinks; he’s genuinely trying to help and solve this culture clash with as little misunderstanding as possible. Scum!Hellcrow is way more reserved, he feels no need to discuss anything in-thread because he knows more than the thread.

Also @jackatlasred; while I like most of your posts, I don’t think you’ve explained why you townread ME when you first said you townread him.

This is up to page 15/19. You can have this for now, I’ll be back for more soon.

And yet I don’t see any clear opinions. Why don’t you vote someone or actual scumread. True normally nothing is wrong with meta talk, but not forming actual opinions is. And saying some things are townie, but not stating straight out actual “This person is town” is neutral and that is scummy. It’s avoiding taking responsibility.

@Zexy

im not going ot be aggressive because I don't want to hurt someones feelings and get booted from the site like some people already have, and sicne I would gather that I have a thicker skin than others im erring on the side of caution and I am trying to be extra non-combatative/aggressive in my approach to the game and with what I consider acceptible.

That all being said. Frog was clearly town.

Im also leaning on hellcrow as being town for reasons i can't really articulate well. Mostly gut feels.

Being aggressive is fine, insulting the players is not and nor is causing trouble. There is a fine line between being aggressive and rude. Calling someone a bad player or bad townie or something like that is rude. Saying their post is too neutral, or saying a post is pointless is just facts. And aggressive usually means attacking a lot. I’m known for my aggressive play because I will attack everyone and anything, but I never insult the players. Just make sure to keep this separate and you’ll be fine being aggressive. If your ever unsure then read over your post and think “How would the other player feel reading this?” Though expect sarcasm. Some of us do that at times…especially me…

Just because of gut reasons is not enough. It’s better to try to articulate your reasons than just pass them off. It doesn’t help.

town!leetic could do that, yes. I think he's town, wouldn't necessarily be right, but for Frog in this case I think he's right too. Not right logic, just right conclusion.

@Maniacal Engineer; I’m not overly power hungry over the radio thing, I mostly wanted to help people out in private with meta and claims since I’m used to it all. I’m not going to snap because I didn’t get a radio or keep insisting that I should get one, and my play isn’t as one-sided as that like Flash likes to portray. I also think we can’t take Frog’s VT claim at face value, he’s a master of fakeclaiming as town (hypoclaiming as he calls it).

Bopolis’ cases all look fine for now. Just not as aggressive as I’m used to and possibly not involving the entire playerbase (yet, not going to push him since there are many players, he doesn’t know most of them and some don’t really help him read them when they post little).

If you thought Frog was a mason, why vote for him?

What about you adress some of the points Frog made about you? I think he's mostly right which doesn't make you look too good...

As much as I dislike Frog naming calling I have to agree that you are consistently avoiding to reply to some points made about you.

I understand and respect the last paragraph... but I still think you could use it to your advantage here to keep skating as scum.

Not sure if announcing in which chat we’d talk is good; mafia with radio can easily eavesdrop there. I also believe that town needs to always talk and never eavesdrop imho (maybe, if they want to try a fancy play, eavesdrop as PR or something). Mafia can risk talking and influencing townies or just eavesdrop and learn info.

I'd vote Sigurd for pressure around this point but since he just showed up and said he will reply I think it's not needed.

As for Flash, the way votes piled up on him make me afraid he's town
clip_image001.png

1) Zexy why don’t you actually provide something. Pushing the other players but basically saying nothing useful yourself.

2) Why so much neutrality here? You even backed off of Flash. Yet you’re at the same time just letting him die.

1. Yes set up speculation can and is done by scum in thread, first it makes you look involved. Second it makes is more likely that players with roles would slip and mention their role. So it is a form of role hunting/fishing

2. No a gut read is a gut read, you seem to be playing like a super town which is gut reading scum to me, who is trying to be civvie. I've been contributing my first contribution you disliked, and your right I'm not trying to deduce the setup I disagree with doing that.

3. So what? I don't understand this point.

4. EV?

Also yes I dislike Hypoclaiming, my original site claimed so much it ruined the game and my new home site has strict info dumping rules, both those contributed to my dislike for that. Plus it ruins the spirit of the game in my mind.

What’s EV?

Unvote FrogSC2

I'll think about who to vote for, I'll go over the case on Flash,but don't recall seeing anything super scummy from him yet.

So why not provide a case on someone who does look scummy instead of voting someone for a joke.

Thanks for the reply, Sigurd. I still have trouble reading you but I think it's a culture clash that causes the problem again, although it's much more mild (it doesn't have to be... explosive, all the time). I'd still like to see some more involvement on other things from you.

Now I gotta wonder who could be mafia... maybe someone in the Flashranite wagons. Or the inactives.

And at least one of the person I lean town on, I guess, I know my townreads tend to have some error to them as my statistics show...

I would like to see you more involved. Like a vote and not just more neutrality.

Hey guys! I was AWOL since the game hadn't started, and then I was busy yesterday, but now I am here!

Another of these posts.

Mighty Eevee, are you perhaps one of the scum-type players in this game?

What is a scum type player? Does that mean someone who always looks scummy?

Okay, Eevee... not going to push you too much because I know this game is too active for Bulba standards, but please try to find the motivation sometime.

MM, I would suggest you read some of the earlier posts on players' meta. This isn't particularly scummy Mighty Eevee here.

1) Zexy maybe Eevee is busy and can’t do large posts right now or maybe just doesn’t have much to say. Though they have posted stuff that isn’t just fluff. And this is also hypocritical because your posts have not helped at like all.

2) I don’t think that’s what he meant.

MetelMarsh my first wolf read.

I don't like the post where he opens with voting scotty, who i think is a villa and then starts messing around with others. Im also reading his jokeyness as scummy

[/USER]

Wolf=scum right?

Anyways so he’s scum because he voted one of your town reads and because he’s tossing jokes in with his posts? And what do you mean by messing around with others? Does that mean he's cheating on you, which is scummy...one should always be monogamous. Seriously though what do you mean by messing around?

And now my vote.VOTE: Zexy

Why? His posts are too neutral. He’s avoiding sides completely, and thus avoiding responsibility if anything bad happens. He hasn’t provided anything that can be taken as truly useful, and is too flipflop.

And on an ironic note I don't have very clear reads on anyone else because of either lack of posts, or just because they've had scummy and townie posts. And I also just did a read through of ten pages so my brain is still processing.

Also a note when mentioning players to the non BMG ones. When you mention a player make sure you do the full username. You can accidentally mention a different user if you don’t just because of similar usernames.

01-Jared-Boom-Done.gif

Midori,

i fundamentally disagree alot with what you write.

I don't think it has much to do with alignment but with how we view the game.

Midori,

i fundamentally disagree alot with what you write.

I don't think it has much to do with alignment but with how we view the game.
Explain. Please. I want to see actual parts quoted proving me wrong. I wrote a lot of stuff. A lot. And that was with all the Frog posts I had cut out because I had a lot of those that became moot after he got modkilled.

Not necessarily. Eavesdropping can be used to catch mafia, or mafia could use it to figure out which townies are dangerous.
I think mafia would speak on their QT not on a frequency, or they would try to seem town while in a radio. Yes mafia can catch dangerous townies while eavesdropping but apart from that eavesdropping seems weird.

Explain. Please. I want to see actual parts quoted proving me wrong. I wrote a lot of stuff. A lot. And that was with all the Frog posts I had cut out because I had a lot of those that became moot after he got modkilled.

It's not you being wrong in reads its about approach to the game.

I think slips are done more by villagers than by wolves because villagers are typically more carefree and carefree mindsets make mistakes. Villagers say whats on their mind and sometimes for whatever reason the misspeak or typo somethign that often times gets called out a s a wolf slip when it is in fact not. So looking for these slips I don't find helpful.

If by slips you are referring to something else then nevermind. this.

I think mafia would speak on their QT not on a frequency, or they would try to seem town while in a radio. Yes mafia can catch dangerous townies while eavesdropping but apart from that eavesdropping seems weird.
Exactly. Trying to act townie. They could slip up privately which I find is easier to do than in thread. Also imagine mafia has two radios and they double team a townie on the radios, someone eavesdropping could catch that. Town could use it well as well.

It's not you being wrong in reads its about approach to the game.

I think slips are done more by villagers than by wolves because villagers are typically more carefree and carefree mindsets make mistakes. Villagers say whats on their mind and sometimes for whatever reason the misspeak or typo somethign that often times gets called out a s a wolf slip when it is in fact not. So looking for these slips I don't find helpful.

If by slips you are referring to something else then nevermind. this.
I think you did misunderstand what I meant by that. True townies will make a mistake that gets them lynched, and so do mafia. A slip means they say something that leads to a case on them, or do something. Maybe they say something about the mafia that seems to knowledgeable for a townie, that would be a really nice slip. A slip just means making a mistake that gets one caught. OF course we never know if were 100% right, we just hope we are.

@Midorikawa

and just because i disagree doesnt mean its wrong or bad.

just different, just want to make that clear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom