• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Quick question regarding the Battle Frontier in Emerald, and I guess Pl/HGSS too if the answer is the same, can my streak to fight to Frontier Brains include Double Battles as long as I pick Singles on the streak I'll meet them on or are they considered separate and do I have to go through in Singles to fight the Brains?
Just singles iirc

They're considered separate, I think, and I dunno if the Frontier Brains appear during doubles like the respective heads do in Generation V and VI.

Do you have access to the Battle Frontier? If so, you may want to check out the stats judge. Either the effort values your Dratini was getting aren't optimal (even on a casual playthrough), or your Dratini had an overall low IV (individual value) total. It's a bit advanced, but this should help you answer your question.

To answer your question as best as possible, @Rockapheller: With the system in Generation IV, IVs are set when the Pokémon is caught or bred, and outside of certain things in breeding, it's completely random and there's no distinction between breeding vs. catching them, save for the higher levels they'll be at if simply caught. Unless you have spare time on your hands or a lot of dedication (in particular for rematches to level up your mons), then it's better to just breed them - no need to waste money on rare catches if you're going to seriously grind for a new Dratini (though it does help, in that game, if a male of the Dratini family has Extreme Speed - it can pass it down to children that way, prior to the later Generations' additions of females passing down egg moves). Just keep in mind that 2 individual values between the parents will be passed down.

Really, if you can get at least something above average with the highest stat being in an IV you want, I think that's ideal for someone who wants to grind but doesn't care for perfection or whatever. EV training is a whole other ballpark which I won't get into now, but you can read up on it if you're interested.

Can you hatch a Super sized pumpkaboo from an Egg?

If not, can it be caught in the wild or was the SS Gourgeist only a giveaway?

Just a little question. In Platinum, is it possible to access Solaceon Town before obtaining the Hearthome Gym Badge? I'm hoping to use the Hallowed Tower Spiritomb to battle Fantina.

Last edited:
I'm fairly sure Super Size Pumpkaboo can be caught in the wild. Not sure about breeding.

I'm planning to restart my Pokemon Y game for the first time and I'm wondering if there is anything I should be thinking of transferring out to another game before I wipe my save file. I've already sent all of the Pokemon and items I want to keep.

EDIT: Looking at this again, I think I should rephrase my post. For items, I've removed the Mega Stones, Master Ball and Strange Souvenir. Is there any other item I should take?

Last edited:
I'm planning to restart my Pokemon Y game for the first time and I'm wondering if there is anything I should be thinking of transferring out to another game before I wipe my save file. I've already sent all of the Pokemon and items I want to keep.

EDIT: Looking at this again, I think I should rephrase my post. For items, I've removed the Mega Stones, Master Ball and Strange Souvenir. Is there any other item I should take?

Any of those one-of battle items like Leftovers and Rocky Helmet. Also some of those berries that are difficult to get like the ones from the Battle Maison if you have them. And Pokerus if you have it as well.

Pokemon Crystal help ...

When does a rematched trainer's pokemon increase in level? For instance, Youngster Joey. He's called for a rematch, but his rattata is still level 4. Is there certain point in the game where all rematch trainers increase at the same time, or is it individual for each?

Pokemon Crystal help ...

When does a rematched trainer's pokemon increase in level? For instance, Youngster Joey. He's called for a rematch, but his rattata is still level 4. Is there certain point in the game where all rematch trainers increase at the same time, or is it individual for each?

Off the top of my head I believe it depends on the number of badges you have.

Okay I'm being kinda dumb here, and I've googled it but never got any real/definitive answers:

If Primal Groudon is out on the field, and Primal Kygore is sent out after, does Primordial Sea overwrite Desolate Land? Or do both Harsh Sun & Heavy Rain stay in effect? I was wondering this as I've read several times that Primal Groudon vastly outdoes Primal Kyogre.

Primordial Sea overwrites Desolate Land, and the same applies for Delta Stream and Desolate Land too - all three are able to overwrite each other depending on who's slowest (or if Rayquaza Mega Evolves while all three are on the field at the same time).

The reason you hear what you do about the Primals is because of how ridiculously powerful and beneficial Groudon's Primal Reversion is to his game plan, in comparison to Primal Kyogre. An immunity to a x4 weakness, a new type and the ability to run mixed effectively with Fire type moves now getting STAB and the sun. Basically, it's a complete 180 of what it used to be in Generation IV.

Hello does anyone know if you can find Mirage Island in Ruby Sapphire and Emerald on a newly started save file that has a dry battery?

As far as I know, if the battery's dry, then that's it - if the Mirage Island is not present then you're screwed.

If I'm reading this correctly, You can only use the same 3DS to transfer from one cartage to another,
Is that right?
Yes, your Bank is tied to your Nintendo ID which is tied to your 3DS. You insert your Gen V cartridge and go to Poké Transporter. It'll take the all the Pokémon out of the first box of the PC and transfer them to Bank. Then, you put in a Gen VI cartridge and go to Bank. There you can move the Pokemon from the Bank (which will be in the Transport Box) directly into your PC.

Also just a heads up, Pokémon Bank costs $5 a year to use. If you don't pay it then you won't be able to access your Pokémon that are in the Bank. I'm unsure if they get deleted or not though.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom