• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

It's about time, I've been waiting almost forever for something given how stale things have gotten the past two months. I kinda wanted the news to happen today or tomorrow though, though given how time zones are structured, we will likely get information on Monday evening, unless Corocoro leaks before then.

It's about time, I've been waiting almost forever for something given how stale things have gotten the past two months. I kinda wanted the news to happen today or tomorrow though, though given how time zones are structured, we will likely get information on Monday evening, unless Corocoro leaks before then.

Actually, we're getting the information on the same day - Tuesday, not Monday.

Sheesh while I can understand people wanting to be careful about this I'm not quite sure I really do understand at all. The last couple of times we were "trolled" it was of our own undoing. Sure they could have used their words better, but compared to this they really didn't do anything worthy of being mad at. They never straight up promised anything too specific those times. This time is way different. I highly doubt they would make it a point to update the website, have Masuda tweet about it in both Japanese AND English, have Masuda blog about it, have all the official Pokemon Twitter accounts tweet about it, and say it's "new" information on Sun and Moon only to have it be something dumb and be more or less a recap. This I think is it people!! I'm not sure if we'll get a full on trailer or what, but I assure you it'll be something!!! lol

I'm so happy and excited for the news. I really hope that we get some gameplay footage. Something like the trailer X/Y had would be great. I'd really love to see the starters and the new Legendary Pokemon. I was hoping for this to happen a bit earlier for this weekend, but Tuesday makes sense too. It should be right before CoroCoro leaks out and I hope that they can get the Pokemon Direct out before then. They've been having trouble with leaks lately, so their surprise not being ruined would be good.

I know this isn't going to make it any better (if anything it would probably instil animosity because of my simple thinking), but even unscheduled reveals couldn't stop a bunch of the roster of Smash 4 from being leaked. Sure, they got much better at it as time went on, but still, one way or another people are going to scratch for information, and I don't think Pokémon is much different in that regard.

I'd prefer not to get into a long argument about how they should have "learned from this", though - that's their problem and I prefer to keep it that way.

I'm wondering how they will reaveal the update. Will it be a new trailer, an update on their official websites with new information or are they planning a new pokemon direct for this day (which will announce later today)?

Just me guessing but I feel like we're getting a trailer and the official site will go live. Mascots seems a bit of a lock given Corocoro's teasing, but starters, some of the region in the trailer, views on protags all seem fair possibilities.

I'm usually one telling people not to get hyped, but for some reason I'm feeling all giddy. Hopefully it doesn't come back to bite me :b Either way news is news and at this point we could all use something new to discuss so whatever it is I won't turn down.

Honestly they are hyping this up too much to be just a small detail. Its being mentioned on the Pokemon Japanese site. The Nintendo twitters are tweeting about it, Pokemon's twitter is tweeting it, Junichi Masuda is tweeting about it AND blogging about it. This has to be big if its being hyped up this much.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling they're overhyping this. Remember how much they hyped up Masuda appearing in a video on July 4, 2013, and it turned out to reveal....one pokemon (Honedge). So they've definitely done stuff like this before....

I would love a glimpse at the region, just a small one. They don't have to show us landmarks just a rough look at the region.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling they're overhyping this. Remember how much they hyped up Masuda appearing in a video on July 4, 2013, and it turned out to reveal....one pokemon (Honedge). So they've definitely done stuff like this before....

Consider how little news there's been for the games, I really hope that they aren't overhyping it. It's sadly a possibility, but at least with Honedge's reveal, there was already a good amount of news for X/Y by that point. With Sun/Moon, we have practically nothing, so I have serious doubts that there would be just one new Pokemon revealed. I'm pretty sure we'll get some kind of trailer. The mascots are practically guaranteed due to the boxes in the last CoroCoro, but I could see them including the starters too. A bit of information on the region would be nice too, but they might be saved for CoroCoro instead.

I'm hoping we get to see the new player characters. I'm tired of everyone assuming that Red is going to be the player character.

I'm hoping we get to see the new player characters. I'm tired of everyone assuming that Red is going to be the player character.
I haven't read people saying that Red is the player character since March.

I'm counting down to this. When Masuda himself promises something, you know it's something worthwhile.

I have a gut feeling we will see the mascot legendaries on Tuesday.

Yeah box mascots seem pretty much a lock given Corocoro's antics last month. At the very least people should be expecting those. Anything more is just me being crazy. Would honestly love a trailer though, just to keep us going a bit.

They'll uncover the feet of the legendaries on the box art. So instead of a 100% blur it'll be like a 85% blur. :)

Back
Top Bottom