• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

Well yeah, I know it's there now...my point is that it'd be awesome if it resets to countdown every time we're promised news. Y'know, to build hype!
Honestly, it's probably a terrible idea. Likely that'll lead to some disappointing news periods and people feeling upset about it. But if we do get more big announcements like this I may do another countdown. We'll see.

Good Morning from Serbia! It is a wonderful morning and I can't wait for 2pm to see what they've prepped for us.

Hoping for a 90-120sec trailer with rivals and game play, expecting a 30sec thing showing swiftly Mascotts and starters. Don't let me down Pokemon Company. I'm good with either.

I really want good starters too. Not like the Johto starters

They haven't really had a region where everyone has liked all three final evos, so I would like it if they could do that. Greninja was great, but clearly outclassed its counterparts.

I really want good starters too. Not like the Johto starters

They haven't really had a region where everyone has liked all three final evos, so I would like it if they could do that. Greninja was great, but clearly outclassed its counterparts.

I'd argue that Hoenn had that quality for many, and even Kanto to an extent. But I'd agree that it's been a long while since we've had a set of three good starters.

I.. I love the johto starters though. They're a good balance of cool and cute. Though I won't lie and say that they're the top of the line when it comes to starters... Typhlosion is still a beloved fire starter for me.

*Crosses fingers for appealing new fire starter design*

My biggest beef with them was the monotyping, they didn't feel unique compared to any old Fire/Water/Grass-type, I like unique typings so I hope they explore new type combos with the SM starters.

But if we do get more big announcements like this I may do another countdown. We'll see.

Actually, I retract my previous statement. The most awesome thing would be a big countdown in the OP marking down the hours, minutes and seconds till the release date :p

when they give us a release date lol

*Crosses fingers for appealing new fire starter design*

Yes! I'm interested in all the starters, since I always end up using all 3 eventually. However, my heart belongs to the fire types. I'm always a teeny bit more interested to see the fire starter's design than the others. Hoping for something somewhere between 'elegant' and 'powerhouse'.

Yes! I'm interested in all the starters, since I always end up using all 3 eventually. However, my heart belongs to the fire types. I'm always a teeny bit more interested to see the fire starter's design than the others. Hoping for something somewhere between 'elegant' and 'powerhouse'.

I'm the same way but for the water starters. Hoping for some unique typing like Empoleon's. Not unique as in it's a typing that's never been used before (there aren't a lot of those left), but maybe a typing that is used but the Pokemon using it wasn't as great and would be new for a starter. Like Jellicent's Water/Ghost typing.

I'd say... I generally look forward the water starters as well, but in the end I use most/all of them because I re-play the games and I always get attached to the Pokemon I use so I end up loving all of them regardless. I think the only exception is Gen V. I only liked the Snivy line and Tepig without its evolutions. I love the rest of the starters to various degrees.

I tend to love all the starters too. Though I rarely stray from my fire starters when it comes to playing the game. And when I don't pick fire... I usually pick grass. I rarely pick water. I never really gave much thought as to why. Probably trauma from the rival in Gen 1 when I was a wee kit and only leveled up good ol' Charmander. Misty too. She always gives me trouble. *shakes fist at*

So we got the starters, box mascots and region. Lots of things to process.

*screaming* THE CAT. THE CAT. THE CAT IS ON FIRE! Finally!! A black cat! MY BLACK CAT.

And Lunaala! It's amazing!!!

I'm so hype! THE CHARACTERS! The region! AHHHHHHHH. PEOPLE OF COLOR!!! :D

My brother is also envious about my excitement. We watched the video together. He said he's never been so excited in his life as I was in this moment. :D

Those starters are so disappointing. The owl is okay, the other two are pretty weak. I especially dislike Litten, which is sad since it was the one I was most hyped over. Definitely a step down from previous designs.

Other than that, holy shit. The box legends (particularly Sun's) are cool. The designs of the supporting characters look so good. The region and new graphics are all great. ButI hope we get customization back, because that male PC design has no style.

EDIT:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r0_F-_ClcQ

Race and hair color customization confirmed. Good sign.

We saw the legendaries using a signature move as well, and the moon legendary transforms into a circle while the sun's mane glows?

OMG. SCREAMING. FLAILING.

Okay, breathe! :p Trying to calm down and process my thoughts...

-loving the starters. The grass owl is probably my favourite (did NOT expect that!), fire kitty and sea lion need to grow on me
-ermagawd, the region looks beautiful. I wanna crawl in the game and live there
-hawaii confirmed! Alola region. What a beautiful name
-those legendaries. Damn. I love those legendaries
-love that the Japanese and English trailer are different
-character customisation is back! Yay! I just hope boutiques are back too, because the female PC's hat is weird
-november 18th, yeeeesssss
-i screamed so hard I broke my voice. Thug Pokemon life, lol :p

Back
Top Bottom