• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

I currently have a complete living Pokedex sitting in AS. Event/Mythical Pokemon included, though some of them were obtained through illegal means but it doesn't bother me. I generally got them from trades but you can kinda tell when something is not legit.

Anyway, I will be transferring them to Moon after I beat the Pokemon League. That is except for a few Pokemon that I'll be saving in the PokeBank for my eventual replays of Y and AS. I still have my Pokemon from my first Sapphire play through back then, and I'll take my dear Pokemon as far as I can. They are just pixels but I'm so attached to them!

I don't know if I'll try to complete the Pokedex again, but the DexNav in ORAS was just too much fun that I decided to go for it. If SM does end up having a similar feature I might consider doing it again.

Show of hands, who else is hoarding Pokemon in PokeBank to transfer to Sun and Moon?

I'm slowly but surely gathering Pokemon ready to get into Bank to make the transfer. I still need to complete AS to get the exclusives from that though.

In conlcusion, I'm totally satisfied with the trailer. It gives exactly what I wanted and no unwanted spoilers. I'm strongly thinking to avoid any other information about the games until I start playing them and see the new pokemon and features myself.

As I'm nearly in my thirties now, my memory is getting bad :p

Can anyone remind me please - after these initial trailers, is it likely we'll see more in-game footage before release?

Videos will probably pop up if there are any evolutions and new Pokémon that get introduced, as well as proper introductions of the Legendaries and characters of the region. And any postgame material if it's as significant as the Delta Episode.

As I'm nearly in my thirties now, my memory is getting bad :p

Can anyone remind me please - after these initial trailers, is it likely we'll see more in-game footage before release?

Yeah, we got trailers every month with the news for XY and ORAS. Sometimes others trailers pop up outside of the middle-of-the-month news drops but they're harder to predict when they will happen. There's usually a trailer aired during the movie's airing though, I remember that's where all those drawings of "Orotto" came from. (That's not while mid-July though.)

Yeah, we got trailers every month with the news for XY and ORAS.

We did!? Blimey, I really had forgotten that! Mostly what sticks in my mind about pre-release XY was the initial trailer on Jan 8th, then the Sylveon coverage.

In that case, I'm very excited. These 6 months are gonna be so much fun!

An animated trailer for Sun/Moon would be great. Though hopefully more along the lines of B2W2, OR/AS's trailer was too mega-centric for my tastes.

An animated trailer would be pretty awesome. It could showcase different areas and characters from the games as a sneak peek. It probably wouldn't be just a Mega Pokemon promo like the animated promo for OR/AS was. Since those were remakes, they'd want to focus on the Mega Pokemon since that was the biggest new content for the games. With Sun/Moon, we have a new generation full of new Pokemon, so I'd expect an animated promo to be something along the lines of what B2/W2 had if they go in that direction.

It kinda makes me curious on why they didn't do one for XY, actually, because even though we've had only three games and two animated trailers between them, it kinda feels like an outlier in that regard. If the next games after Sun & Moon in the Generation, should they exist, get one instead of the games that preceded, then maybe we're looking at a second-game-per-generation basis. Those patterns could easily be broken, mind, but that's about the only thing we can go by right now.

When all is said and done, I really do hope Sun & Moon get an animated trailer. Thing is, though, I see it being more like Oras than it will be B2W2's, because I think it'll be more about the trainer's journey and a new Pokémon showcase than it is key plot elements like in B2W2. This is the key difference between the two animated trailers we got. What do you guys think?

It kinda makes me curious on why they didn't do one for XY, actually, because even though we've had only three games and two animated trailers between them, it kinda feels like an outlier in that regard. If the next games after Sun & Moon in the Generation, should they exist, get one instead of the games that preceded, then maybe we're looking at a second-game-per-generation basis. Those patterns could easily be broken, mind, but that's about the only thing we can go by right now.

Maybe it's because XY sorta kinda got Pokémon Origins instead.

XY continually find themselves ripping off Red and Blue. :p

When all is said and done, I really do hope Sun & Moon get an animated trailer. Thing is, though, I see it being more like Oras than it will be B2W2's, because I think it'll be more about the trainer's journey and a new Pokémon showcase than it is key plot elements like in B2W2. This is the key difference between the two animated trailers we got. What do you guys think?

Not counting Origins as that isn't really a trailer... It's probably because B2/W2 and OR/AS contained only old Pokemon? While I'd like to see a new animated trailer, I doubt S/M will get one. :x

If it does get one, it'll probably be more like OR/AS where they show off the Pokemon they've revealed so far and tell us to buy the games to discover the rest. I can't really see it being like B2/W2 tbh, considering it's a new generation.

Last edited:
Gonna be honest, I was scrolling down these posts and thought "What? ORAS had an animated trailer? HOW DID I MISS THAT?"

So I ran to Youtube and was like "Oh. That." It was so underwhelming I'd literally forgotten it existed xD

It starts out so well, and then pretty much turns into a dry list of megas. I understand that it was a remake so they wanted to focus on new features, but I feel like they could've tried harder; shown the protagonists journeying around this beautiful region. The BW2 trailer was so amazing. I hope if we get a Sun/moon animated trailer it will be a little more than a guy just reading out a laundry list of new megas.

CiWHSDgWEAIcNDV.jpg

new pokemon in corocoros video

I don't know, the way that those "ears" curve kind of makes me think they're horns.
I thought that at first, but I think they are just ears now. And a dog with horns seems an odd and random choice, imo. But they do look unnatural for "ears". xD

Back
Top Bottom