• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "YES!" moments

I took a MASSIVE gamble a few days ago. I've been looking all over for an Adaptability Corphish, and I couldn't find any on the GTS - and then I just said "Hey, I don't understand Japanese, but I have a feeling about this person who wants a Suicune..." and what do you know? It's got Adaptability!
I took that risk with a supposed 6IV Ditto and got the same pay-off: they wanted a Groudon and I figured, "Yeah, I'll give it a try, even though the Ditto probably isn't 6IV..." But it turned out to be a Japanese 6IV Ditto! And it's shiny to boot! (Not that I use it in battle; this little guy is pretty much permanently in Daycare.) Considering how much I love to shiny hunt, this was a huge yes for me.

Current "Yes!" moment:
So I tried the Dogegard stage on Shuffle and on my fourth attempt--with the help of a Mega Start and a Disruption Delay--I was able to catch it with only a 20% catch rate. I honestly thought that it was going to kick its way out of the Ball and laugh as it sped off but it freaking didn't. Major yes!

So, after downloading the Pokémon Bank, I decided that since I don't have enough to get a 1-year subscription, I went on and restarted Heart Gold in the goal of getting a lot of Pokémons in Johto Balls to then transfer all the way to X/Y & ORAS (well, mainly ORAS since my X/Y boxes are getting completely filled up). When I picked Cyndaquil at the beginning, I got a female one on the first try. Heh, a good start I'd say :)

The good news: I caught Ho-oh in Pokemon Shuffle. Finally

The bad news: it has Power of 5. Really sucky, but at least its base power is good.

I grinded through the Hax Maison, and got an Ability Capsule. In other words... I win. I decided to nickname her Labrys, after a type of axe. *looks up more about the labrys on Wikipedia* Oh, sweet, it's a feminist symbol, that makes it make even MORE sense for a female Haxorus.

Last edited:
When Crystal came out, my dad and I played it together. We'd take turns, he'd play a little on the GameBoy while I was at school, I'd play a little after dinner. We'd tell each other what had happened, like "I beat this Gym leader" or "I caught you a ___." Nice little bonding time for us, and he'd always be five feet away on the computer while I played.

And then one night, I ran into Suicune.
I had never run into a legendary until that moment. I started screaming and nearly dropped the GameBoy.

Dad: "What is it?! What's wrong!"
Me: "Sui - SUICUNE! DAD, IT'S SUICUNE!"

He ran over and looked at the screen, then asked if I had a Masterball. I checked my bag; I did. Threw the ball, got Suicune.
We spent the next minute or so screaming and hugging each other, me jumping up and down like a dork and screaming "Suicune! We got her!" over and over.

One part "YES!" moment, one part awesome step-father/daughter memory.

Last edited:
I've got done battling Whitney. After lowering her Miltank's Attack to its minimum using my Togepi's Charm (which got KO'd due to a critical hit, so a bit of a FFFUUU moment as well), I sent out my Flaafy to paralyse it. Afterwards, I switched out to my newly evolved Quagsire, who then proceeded to use Rock Smash until Miltank was KO'd.

Below are me and Quagsire. I'm on the right, while Quagsire was on the left.
y3PX17A.jpg

After the announcement that the Pokémon 20th Anniversary 2DS consoles would be released in Australia, I knew right away that I wanted to get the Yellow one (I have a lot of nostalgia for Pokémon Yellow as it was my very first Pokémon game, plus I liked the idea of owning a yellow Nintendo handheld again). However, I was unable to preorder one as I needed to build funds for my trip interstate in March to visit my best friend. A few days after preorders opened, everywhere was sold out. Naturally, I was devastated. :cry:

The day after I landed in Adelaide, my friend and I went into the city to explore. At one point that morning, we decided to visit one of the EB Games stores there. After entering the store, I looked at the display case behind the counter, and I saw...a Pokémon Red 2DS bundle. And a Pokémon Blue 2DS bundle. And...a Pokémon Yellow 2DS bundle! After a momentary (and slightly embarrassing) burst of excitement, the employee explained that all three consoles were part of a cancelled preorder, and they were put on display ten minutes before my friend and I entered the store, something which my somewhat-poetic friend referred to as a "touch of fate". I was monumentally surprised! :eek:

The very next day, I tracked down a silver 2DS pouch to protect my new console, which I never want to trade or give away. It is remaining in my Nintendo collection, the item I never thought I'd have, though I guess in this case, fate had other plans. :LOL:

Getting a female Mantine in both a Friend, Heavy & Lure Ball. Granted, I had to reset for the last one so I wouldn't use up too many of these, but I'm happy with the results ;)

Last edited:
Zygarde 50% was updated on Shuffle, and my initial thought was 'aww great :( I'm gonna be stuck on catching this thing for days'. It's an escalation stage with gifts every ten stages, so at least it should motivate me.

Well, whaddya know - I caught it on the 7th stage.

Catching a shiny Latias in Omega Ruby.

I suppose it was the one you can get via Eon Ticket ? Congrats :)

Defeating Chuck's Poliwrath epically by having my Victreebel wake up at the moment it got 3 HP left, then retaliate with a Vine Whip attack that did enough damage to KO it. Gosh, this gym leader was the most annoying opponent I got so far. Glad I could defeat him :)

I've been replaying Pokemon Y, and I ended up in Coumarine City with the Intriguing Stone still in my inventory. I remembered that a guy back in Shalour City was desperately looking for it, so I felt guilty about keeping it and walked all the way back to give it to him.

I was sure I'd get the Black Glasses from him, an item I didn't really want, but I'd mis-remembered and ended up with a Sun Stone instead - exactly the item I'd been desperately looking for. My Helioptile shall be a punching bag no longer.

Reached the end of Wish Cave, battled Jirachi with the aim to recruit it, fought evenly despite a massive level disadvantage... then that little twit knocks itself out with Double-Edge, meaning no recruitment. Now I gotta go through that hellhole again... Fuck...
My previous "FUUUUU" moment has now been flipped on its head, Jirachi has been recruited!
Both it and Celebi were the only two Legendary Pokémon that I could never reach on my last save, so getting both of them in my present save is a real personal achievement...

This morning I woke up earlier than I was supposed to, so I went back to Pokémon Y after failing the Shiny Ho-oh resets on HeartGold so far... On the fifteenth litter of Amauras in total (I kept count of the previous ones), I got one that has 6V... and female. Friday 13th sure is kind to me ! Now, to get a shiny one...

Once upon a time in the GBA days, Sapphire was my main game and my trainer name was YaYa!!... caught a non shiny Latias and nicknamed her "Boomer!!!!"
... Well when i transported her all the way up to X and showed her to the IV judge, her IV spread was exactly as follows: ×/×/0/0/0/0 , Seriously I kid you not! xD
*That was the NOOOO!!!!! WHY?!?!?!? Moment*

Anyways, ORAS was released and I was like.. Finally! I can get a a new and improved Boomer!!!! now and made AS my speed run game and started my YaYa run... But right before I got to the point of getting to Southern Island, i noticed that I spelt the trainer name different from my original sapphire game. I was ticked beyond belief but didn't want to start over. Well, on the 2nd time I SR'd, I landed a shiny Boomer!!!! eh, a brave one but regardless.. COOL!!!!

Then i did a second YaYa run, this time spelling the full trainer name exact to the orginal ~Phew!... and back to Southern Island again to get my new and improved Boomer!!!!.... landed a non shiny Boomer this time around, a almost flawless Modest one!! X)

Last edited:
Once upon a time in the GBA days, Sapphire was my main game and my trainer name was YaYa!!... caught a non shiny Latias and nicknamed her "Boomer!!!!"
... Well when i transported her all the way up to X and showed her to the IV judge, her IV spread was exactly as follows: ×/×/0/0/0/0 , Seriously I kid you not! xD
*That was the NOOOO!!!!! WHY?!?!?!? Moment*

I can explain that one : that's due to the Roaming Glitch, which forces all the roaming Pokémons in the GBA days to have very low IVs, though the HP stat isn't affected. There's no way around it, sadly :(

Pokemon hasn't posed any real challenge for me in years unless it's self-imposed. Nowadays in Y I like trying to beat Serena with a bunch of goofy nonsensical teams for the mad EXP that she gives, so I'm going at her with like my level 50 Gyarados and stuff. I usually lose unless I have a couple of cheap legendaries with me as trump cards. Last time I took her on though, it was down to the wire. I think I brought Xerneas and Zygarde both to the fight with Serena and they both went down eventually. Once my legendaries were out of commission it was up to my goofy low-level Pogeymans to prolong the inevitable loss... or so I thought. I used a Shuckle to get her Mega Absol's attack and defense down or something, I don't quite remember, and then it was 1v1, my level 50 Gyarados against her Mega Absol. Her Absol had most of its health gone, but this was still just about hopeless. (If Absol had full health I'd have been screwed, but that wasn't the case this time thankfully.) I know my Gyarados is tough enough to handle one hit from Mega Absol without going down, so I had to make my hits count. I hit her, she hit me. Gyarados is down to like 2 HP or something. I'm racking my brain thinking of which attack would do the most damage, and I decide to have my Gyarados use Return, entrusting my faith in the power of friendship to take out Mega Absol. Spoilers below:

It worked.

Gyarados is ride-or-die, mang, dat's my boi right there. The most fun I've had with Pokemon in years.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom