• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

@Karamazov @Lunafreya Thanks guys, that´s what I thought. However, I think the Rotom Pokedex is nothing like this, I don´t think it will translate Pokemos language xD. I am not entirely sure if I woul like that feature btw.

This guy?
P1010309_zpse5mn3txx.jpg

P1010310_zpsiabbb87i.jpg

A scientist in Devon Corp mentions working on a device to allow people to talk to Pokemon.
If the Pokedex is programmed speak <insert game's language>, then its not really a device that allows people to talk to Pokemon so much as Rotom being able to use the pre-existing functionality of the Pokedex.

I don't think we should be that amazed by its ability to speak (unless it can do it outside of the Pokedex) given that we aren't amazed at Mow Rotom's ability to keep our grass short.

They did not reveal much essential info. Lillie just introduce herself and said that she is still not too good at being an assistant and she want to do something to make up for it. Then she said she is bad at battling so she will be cheering you on in the sideline.

Kukui just introduces himself, then said that Alola is a region that is made up of a group of island, therefore there are many rare Pokemon. Then he just told you and Hau to explore the region to gather info about Pokemon.

Lillie just introduce herself and said that she is still not too good at being an assistant and she want to do something to make up for it.
The site says she's plot relevant...watch her help Team Bad Guys by accident as her attempt to "do something" to make up for being a bad assistant...

The site says she's plot relevant...watch her help Team Bad Guys by accident as her attempt to "do something" to make up for being a bad assistant...
By "making up", I think it means that she kind of fails at doing something then the PC saves her and now she want to "make up" or "repay the kindness". We need more context.

Cool stuff. The female player character is so cute, but her outfit is so bad. Please let us change clothes... The Legendary Pokemon typing was a surprise, especially for Solgaleo, but they aren't bad choices. Alola looks really fun to explore and I'm looking forward that! The Rotom-Pokedex sounds like a cool feature, that was quite a surprise. Now the question is... what's up with those bracelets?!

So we get 4 regional Pokedexes. One for each island, I'm sure.

Wouldn't it be lovely if we didn't have to have these awkward separate trailers just for the UK with only the release date at the end changed........................ I still find it funny that them stating "Worldwide release" for ORAS and these games always seems to mean having the releases within days of each other, is acceptable. It's something they should stop hyping up when we first hear about games coming out, just be honest with us so we don't have to wonder why. A simple "Sorry Europe, CBA right now", would be fine :coffee: rather than lying only to announce later that you basically lied, literally.

I like the Japanese name for the signature moves better. Those are totally Steel and Ghost type attacks.

Wouldn't it be lovely if we didn't have to have these awkward separate trailers just for the UK with only the release date at the end changed........................ I still find it funny that them stating "Worldwide release" for ORAS and these games always seems to mean having the releases within days of each other, is acceptable. It's something they should stop hyping up when we first hear about games coming out, just be honest with us so we don't have to wonder why. A simple "Sorry Europe, CBA right now", would be fine :coffee: rather than lying only to announce later that you basically lied, literally.
They never said worldwide release for ORAS. They said it would be released worldwide in November. Which was true. You can accuse them of screwing over Europe, but not lying.

Well, I could make a huge post about my opinions on everything, but it seems you all got it covered for me. :p So I'll just say that I'm even more hyped than before! And we're getting EVEN MORE INFO on June 14? Heck yes. This definitely makes up for the lack of information at first!

I am pretty satisfied with the news we got. Solgaleo as Psychic/Steel caught me off guard but it is the first Psychic/Steel legendary that is not event and is mascot. Psychic/Ghost is a cool type combo for the moon mascot. The Rotom Pokedex caught my interest. Whether on not corocoro has anything new, the current news we got is good and I look forward to more news in the future.

Hopefully Solgaleo stats and move set distinguish it from normal Metagross.

I know it's not the fire type that most of us expected, but I will still be frankly amazed if it can't do Fire Blast at the very least.

Regarding the new trailer:

~Solgaleo and Lunala are pretty awesome legendaries. And Solgaleo's name is just...wow. Regarding abilities, I think Multiscale Shadow Shield is the better of the two. But then again, I guess Solgaleo won't have to worry about Intimidate, Sticky Web, Defog, etc. Solgaleo's typing really surprised me, and I think a majority of us, by not including fire. And just think...the Sunne Pokemon is weak to Fire, while the Moone Pokemon is weak to Dark. Lunala's name seems fitting, as a denizen of the night. But I think Fairy/Ghost, Fairy/Dark or Psychic/Fairy would have been even more fitting.

~The Alola region looks pretty fun! I admit, I was initially reserved about it, but seeing the art has made me warm up to the prospect of island adventures. I'm also glad that it's confirmed that the journey will take place through several islands rather than one.

~I like the main character designs. Their outfits also aren't too outlandish, easy on the eyes and seem comfortable for tropical climates-fitting for being in Alola. Am I the only who thinks the male design has elements of Team Aqua (the hat, shirt, shoes, backpack) and Team Magma (the shorts)? He could be Archie and Maxie's love child who moved away from Hoenn.

~Professor Kukui is too hot to be a professor.

~Ah Lillie. The girl surrounded in mystery and theories. I'm looking forward to her character along with Hau. I do hope he will be a competent rival and not just strictly buddy-buddies. And what exactly is "chicken skin?"

~I have mixed feelings about the Rotom Pokedex. I mean, it's a new concept full of novelty...but I guess I'm just worried about the inner machinations behind it. Like, will you own this Rotom? Can it battle for you? How exactly can it speak English? How will it feel about spending 90% of it's time inside your backpack?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom