• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

The real question is, are those diamonds replacing the keystone as your new Mega item, or is it a new mechanic (Gigareki?!), or is it both (the diamond is replacing keystone and also has a new mechanic of its own)?

Apparently GF are pretty freaking clever . https://i.reddituploads.com/15cd8d1...536&w=1536&s=74db65a13a03e905d0ec0e301ca01ad9. A lion eating the sun is the alchemic symbol for metal

Yeah I mentioned this over in the legendary thread earlier. If you then take into account the alchemy link and then "Full Metal Body" I think they were trying to do a nod towards Fullmetal Alchemist with its ability name. (E: Oh yeah and the official site calls Solgaleo "the beast that devours the sun" which is just what the lion is doing to the sun in alchemy!)

Solgaleo really is an assortment of things! except a Fire type :p

The real question is, are those diamonds replacing the keystone as your new Mega item, or is it a new mechanic (Gigareki?!), or is it both (the diamond is replacing keystone and also has a new mechanic of its own)?
In the latest episode of XYZ Ash used that weird synergy device to turn Greninja into Ash Greninja so I'd say this is something completely new all together.

In the latest episode of XYZ Ash used that weird synergy device to turn Greninja into Ash Greninja so I'd say this is something completely new all together.
I don't recall the device in the episode, it's just a new forme changing animation, besides, wasn't the device just something Clemont invented for measuring and reading energy purpose and has no effect on the transformation.
Anyway, if it's new mechanic, wonder if we will get a keystone post game or something.

I don't recall the device in the episode, it's just a new forme changing animation, besides, wasn't the device just something Clemont invented for measuring and reading energy purpose and has no effect on the transformation.
Anyway, if it's new mechanic, wonder if we will get a keystone post game or something.
The odd thing about the concept behind Ash Greninja is that they've been beating around the bush with it and not really giving the transformation a proper name and now it all makes sense why they haven't yet. Anyhow I'm not sure about the post game though

The odd thing about the concept behind Ash Greninja is that they've been beating around the bush with it and not really giving the transformation a proper name and now it all makes sense why they haven't yet. Anyhow I'm not sure about the post game though
Well, at first everybody thought it was called Ash Greninja because the forme looks like Ash, but apparently it's just Bonnie's nickname for it because the ninja village episode revealed that the Greninja rumored to achieved this hundreds of years ago also has the same look, so it's not the "take on the trait of the trainer" thing.
Also, we have 2 colors for the diamond, wonder what this would mean?

Last edited:
tbh i'm still really seeing just a variation of the mega bracelets from last generation
It could be, but why the trouble. If it's fine, why fix it? Also, it's on the logo, which is quite important, and I don't think aesthetic change of the key stone would deserved to be on the new game logo again.

Well, at first everybody thought it was called Ash Greninja because the forme looks like Ash, but apparently it's just Bonnie's nickname for it because the ninja village episode revealed that the Greninja rumored to achieved this hundreds of years ago also has the same look, so it's not the "take on the trait of the trainer" thing.
I'm sure GF's canon for this process will likely contradict whatever the anime has established, like how Mewtwo Y can mega evolve in the movie without having a trainer or mega stone.

I'm sure GF's canon for this process will likely contradict whatever the anime has established, like how Mewtwo Y can mega evolve in the movie without having a trainer or mega stone.
I think the Mewtwo Y thing was before they finalized the Mega concept, but you are right about the final canon thing. I think the most likely thing right now is the synergy stones from Pokken, but that would give GF excuse not to design new forme and simply give stat change.

It could be, but why the trouble. If it's fine, why fix it? Also, it's on the logo, which is quite important, and I don't think aesthetic change of the key stone would deserved to be on the new game logo again.
because why not? they already have multiple variations on just the keystone holders within the same generation. i find it hard to believe that the PCs would be shown adorned with a bracelet that, different crystal aside, looks like it would fit right in with the other keystone holders from the previous generation. i suppose it could be a possibility that a hypothetical Synchro Evolution replaces M. Evo or perhaps becomes a catchall for it, but that seems unlikely that it would be replaced let alone sort of 'one-upped.'

but that would give GF excuse not to design new forme and simply give stat change.

Although then you have the question of whether they would even *want* to do that, since it would mean less merchandise to sell.

Although then you have the question of whether they would even *want* to do that, since it would mean less merchandise to sell.
Hey, one can always argue that it would give GF more time to design more new Pokemon instead of new Mega. :p:D

because why not? they already have multiple variations on just the keystone holders within the same generation. i find it hard to believe that the PCs would be shown adorned with a bracelet that, different crystal aside, looks like it would fit right in with the other keystone holders from the previous generation. i suppose it could be a possibility that a hypothetical Synchro Evolution replaces M. Evo or perhaps becomes a catchall for it, but that seems unlikely that it would be replaced let alone sort of 'one-upped.'
While this could go either way I'm leaning towards this being something new Imo. Gigareki being trademarked under new software makes me think this is going to be a new mechanic all together. Now, I can't how and if this will replace mega evolution or why they would do it at all. It's just something I can't shake

Well that news was...interesting.
I understand why people would be upset at certain parts of it, but personally, I liked all of it. Solgaleo being Psychic/Steel really caught me off guard, and I loved that! It was especially nice when I later learned of the alchemy thing. The only disappointment was that the Box Legends being Psychic basically shoots down any remnant of hope I had left about a Cosmic Type being a thing.
Dat Rotom tho...GIMME! Time for my DPP bias to go full-force!

Anyway, so Solgaleo has 212 HP at level 50, can somebody estimate the base HP?

Yeah I mentioned this over in the legendary thread earlier. If you then take into account the alchemy link and then "Full Metal Body" I think they were trying to do a nod towards Fullmetal Alchemist with its ability name. (E: Oh yeah and the official site calls Solgaleo "the beast that devours the sun" which is just what the lion is doing to the sun in alchemy!)

Solgaleo really is an assortment of things! except a Fire type :p
Steel also makes sense since iron is the densest element that a star can form without going supernova.

Back
Top Bottom