• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY124: The Explosive Heat at the Mechanical Festival!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only series that hasn't had a pre-league related episode other than this is BW. Also, most or if not al of the pre-league episodes have included the opening ceremony, so I guess they kind of can't be called pre-league episodes in a way, since the league's do start in the same episode. I guess pre-league battle episodes would be a bit more fitting. Either way, I don't mind that this episode seems to be a filler all that much. I just hope that it's entertaining and I'm glad that it's a Clemont focused episode.

I guess pre-league battle episodes would be a bit more fitting. .
That's essentially what I mean when I say 'pre-league episode'. No battles have happened yet, the actual League competition has yet to begin.

For the same reason I'd say Sinnoh League lasted 7 episodes, not 8, since that that one episode was just build-up before actual battles.

That's essentially what I mean when I say 'pre-league episode'. No battles have happened yet, the actual League competition has yet to begin.

For the same reason I'd say Sinnoh League lasted 7 episodes, not 8, since that that one episode was just build-up before actual battles.
Oh no, I know what you meant, all I was saying is that calling them "pre-league episodes" isn't too specific and therefore is a bit inaccurate.

Do I see...Just Pikachu, Pancham, and Chespin together!? There is sooooo much potential for this episode to be great now! I am so excited! Those two are going to be going at the usual bickering all episode while they're away from the main group and Pikachu is going to have to play peacekeeper! I love it!

Last edited:
Here are some more summaries of the episode, courtesy of Dephender. These summaries tell us that this will tie into M19.

Ash and his friends have dropped by the "Mechanical Festival", which features the best creations of the masters of mechanical devices from all over Kalos! They immediately decide to participate in the festival, with an eager Clemont leading the way, but when the contraptions in the building activate, they end up getting separated from Pikachu and the other Pokemon... Tons and tons of strange, weird and intriguing ingenuities will appear here! If you watch this anime episode, you might come to enjoy the movie even more!!

This is an Ingenuity Special where Clemont is going to play an major role! He may not be very athletic, but he's able to really move it thanks to his ingenuity!? And while we're on the topic of ingenuity, that word definitely brings Magearna, the star of this year's movie, to mind! So we're going to bring you special info on the movie this episode, too! This is a mechanical festival taking place shortly before the movie that will make you enjoy it even more!

ポケモン映画公式サイト

So this episode will tie in with the movie after all huh? My anticipation for this ep has been raised significantly now. My guess is that the Mechanical Festival was partially constructed by people from the Azoth Kingdom and someone at the festival will inform Ash and co. about this. Clemont then gets really excited and the gang decides to visit the kingdom, with the episode finishing as the group heads towards the Azoth Kingdom.

Here's a higher quality preview for the episode.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN_PlAo2S_U

Pokenchi Preview
- Ash and co. stop at a place at the festival and Clemont happily talks to them about what they're looking at.
- Ash rides on some sort of seat that swings around.
- A little robotic girl comes up to Ash and blasts him in the face with some yellow-ish liquid.
- Clemont leads Ash and co. through various places inside the festival.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aizhIcIF2JM

Oh yeah right Clemont's ending is this episode You know HIS ENDING he's singing kirakira But This is a fantastic episode if it involves the movie I'm interested

^ May as well. There's little he can do after this besides be on the sidelines (and be the butt of jokes)...and he's been doing that more than enough as it is (especially since the title change)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom