• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

OH DEAR GOD! COROCORO JUST LEAKED AND REVEALED TWO NEW POKEMON! THEY ARE SO CUTE!!!!!

The dog Pokemon that was spotted in the trailer has been revealed as Iwanko, a Rock type Pokemon. And it looks like the dreams of several people have been granted! We got a koala Pokemon! Its called Nekkoala. Its a normal type!

IzzqqhP.jpg
xQfU66Y.jpg
EcQzt00.jpg

Here are the scans for everyone whose interested.

Iwanko and Nekkoala are adorable!

I'm interested in their evolutions, especially Nekkoala.

EDIT: And I think Iwanko is my favorite Rock-type now.

Iwanko is so cute! Because of it's cuteness, it's an officially a member of my team in Sun and Moon next to Litten. :)

First of all, CoroCoro finally has some honest to goodness news on the games. I am amazed since I was not having any hope for the magazine after those first few months during this pre-release season.

Nekkoala is pretty cute. It's cool that we have a kola Pokemon and it could have some interesting evolved forms. Iwanko is so adorable. I loved the official artwork for it, especially the one where it looks so happy. I was not expecting it to be a Rock type. I thought it could be a Normal or Ground type due to the coloring, but Rock is pretty cool too. The adorable cute factor does make me want to raise it or at least get a plush toy of it since I love the canine-based Pokemon. This was quite a nice to surprise and hopefully we'll get their English names soon.

Actually thinking about it I guess the log stump is more like a pillow than a drum since its theme is sleeping. The dog is completely dull imo.

So I guess the dog is a

rockweiler.

EDIT: to contribute something to this thread other than a total sh**post (I am still not clear on whether we are allowed to swear here)

Predictions are a losing man's game, but my guess is that these are both early-route Pokemon.

the dog being rock type raises some interesting possibilities. I like the animalesque Pokemon more than most so I suspect it'll largely be overlooked from at least a public popularity standpoint, but I dig it.

The Koala I have no idea what to think about other than it being adorable.

This was quite a nice to surprise and hopefully we'll get their English names soon.
It was very nice to finally get some real news from Corocoro. I honestly was expecting another "Huge scoop next month." with nothing, but we actually got two very adorable new Pokemon. I'm sure we'll learn their English names at E3.

I wonder if Nekkoala's Ability actually turns other status effects into Sleep, like Toxic puts it asleep instead of poisons it---might be interesting.
"A wild Budew appeared!"
"Nekkoala used tackle!"
Nekkoala tackles Budew, it gets poisoned by Budew's poison point.
"Nekkoala falls asleep, it's no longer poisoned!"

-and-
"Opposing Umbreon used toxic!"
"Nekkoala is badly poisoned! It falls asleep!"

I didn't expect new Pokemon to be revealed so soon, so this is a nice treat. Unfortunately, the deer dog (I guess just dog now:p) isn't as cute as I'd hoped. Hopefully it'll grow on me; it's happened before. I'll will admit the rock typing is nice and unexpected.

Not a fan of the koala design wise, but the ability sounds really cool.

"A wild Budew appeared!"
"Nekkoala used tackle!"
Nekkoala tackles Budew, it gets poisoned by Budew's poison point.
"Nekkoala falls asleep, it's no longer poisoned!"

-and-
"Opposing Umbreon used toxic!"
"Nekkoala is badly poisoned! It falls asleep!"

You could run an all sleep-moves set, I guess?

Rest, Sleep Talk, Snore

there's another one right? I'm forgetting it offhand.

Fun gimmick if that's the case though I imagine its actual usefulness would be somewhat limited. OTOH: who cares, koalas!

(also honestly I saw enough wild Budew in my playthrough of Platinum to last me a lifetime, and I like the Roserade line!)

You could run an all sleep-moves set, I guess?

Rest, Sleep Talk, Snore

there's another one right? I'm forgetting it offhand.

Fun gimmick if that's the case though I imagine its actual usefulness would be somewhat limited. OTOH: who cares, koalas!

(also honestly I saw enough wild Budew in my playthrough of Platinum to last me a lifetime, and I like the Roserade line!)
We don't know what moves it'll learn, but it might learn those moves.

Not normally one for cute things, so that's saying something when I think it's cute. Also glad that the dog is Rock instead of Normal, getting a little sick of Normal type dogs.

Actually thinking about it I guess the log stump is more like a pillow than a drum since its theme is sleeping. The dog is completely dull imo.

I was thinking maybe the log is a reference to how sleep is symbolized by sawing logs. Maybe we'll see more of that in its evolution(s), though.

Back
Top Bottom