• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

So, I see that the designs of gen 7 pokemon keep going well! So far, I like all 8 new pokemon they show us.

I'm very happy we got a unique typing for a dog pokemon, a pure Rock dog looks very promising. I like Koala as well, finally we got something most of us requested many years ago :p

But I think they real important hint in this CoroCoro issue is the "secret" for the starters and the dog! Very curious what they mean. What could be common on a early route pokemon and the starters together???

This CoroCoro certainly has delivered.

One thing I'm wondering, though. PokeJungle reported that Magearna's Soul Heart is like a Sp Atk version of Moxie, but I didn't see that bit reported on Serebii. Is this real? It makes sense they'd explain its ability alongside its signature move Fleur Cannon.

This CoroCoro certainly has delivered.

One thing I'm wondering, though. PokeJungle reported that Magearna's Soul Heart is like a Sp Atk version of Moxie, but I didn't see that bit reported on Serebii. Is this real? It makes sense they'd explain its ability alongside its signature move Fleur Cannon.

I can confirm that. The text is extremely small though so bigger scan is pending to confirm.

I can confirm that. The text is extremely small though so bigger scan is pending to confirm.

Ah, thank you! It sounds like Magearna will be a rather specially offensive based Pokemon.

I'm quite interested in those Ga-Ole QR codes. If someone posted one on the net, does that mean anyone could get the Magearna, or is it region-locked?
I feel like the we codes are one time use each other wise We'd have unlimited access to event mons. The only exception is non legendary Pokemon those are codes can be shared

That adorable rock puppy is mine, as soon as I get the game and can catch it, I'm getting it on my team!

The Koala is nice to see since that's been a popular want for many years, but I'm not really feeling the design as much, it's still cute though.

I love the two new pokemon. A rock dog is amazing and I just wanna see some huge fangs on its evolution. The Koala is great as well, a little sad about normal-typing, but maybe a second typing will come for the evolution (fighting? A sleeping fight-pokemon?)

Liking the rock Pokemon. Might be the first "dog" of the region that I actually use in my first run.

So, a secret shared by all these early Pokemon... Could it be mega-evolution related? As simple as "They all mega-evolve"? Or is it related to some other, new mechanic....

I feel like the we codes are one time use each other wise We'd have unlimited access to event mons. The only exception is non legendary Pokemon those are codes can be shared
Yeah, I'm thinking the QR codes will work like how the current codes work, where you have to be connected to the internet and rather than the QR code actually giving you the Pokemon in-game, it'll trigger a download.

This is just super wishful thinking of my part. But I hope that all QR codes work the same way. Meaning that even events QR codes trigger the Pokémon to show up in the wild so we have to catch them. I miss the old events where they only let you access the Pokémon and it's not just given too you. It'd be even better if they weren't shiny locked. I hate how hard shiny mythical Pokémon are to get.

This is just super wishful thinking of my part. But I hope that all QR codes work the same way. Meaning that even events QR codes trigger the Pokémon to show up in the wild so we have to catch them. I miss the old events where they only let you access the Pokémon and it's not just given too you. It'd be even better if they weren't shiny locked. I hate how hard shiny mythical Pokémon are to get.

AMEN to this. I missed out on FRLG, Emerald, and DPPt events because the adolescent BioGuy was too cool for pokemon (or something? the point is I was stupid), and so I NEVER got to nickname legit event pokemon besides the Mew I glitched into my VC yellow. If events involved the ability to catch, I'd love it! We never get to nickanme events or put them in the ball we want, or SR them for shinyness. It's just infuriating.

Well they added mega form so might as well go for broke and take fusion too. I mean hey, they took Whisper from Youkai Watch to so all bets are off. All that,s left are pokemon raised from stone disk and we'll have Monster Rancher covered too.
Just because you can does not me you should. Be different or improve the mechanic.

Last edited:
Liking the rock Pokemon. Might be the first "dog" of the region that I actually use in my first run.

So, a secret shared by all these early Pokemon... Could it be mega-evolution related? As simple as "They all mega-evolve"? Or is it related to some other, new mechanic....

Likely a new mechanic, since it seems too early for Gen 7 Pokemon to be getting Mega Evolutions right now, I rather see more Gen 4 and 5 Megas (namely Mega Floatzel and Mega Mienshao). It could relate to whatever the player was wearing in the official artwork though. If it is the first dog Pokemon in the region, it will definitely join the ranks of Poochyena and Lillipup for being early in the game and easy to access.

It's about time CoroCoro had some Pokémon Sun and Moon news! Nokkoala seems interesting, as does Iwanko. Why the heck is Iwanko a Rock-type though?

It's about time CoroCoro had some Pokémon Sun and Moon news! Nokkoala seems interesting, as does Iwanko. Why the heck is Iwanko a Rock-type though?

Hawaii is a volcanic region, it makes sense if Alola is based on Hawaii. Rock types I'm sure will have a slightly larger role than in previous generations.

I am quite satisfied with the news that we got once again. Good to see two new pokemon. Swarm Change and Core Punisher has peaked my interest quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom