• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Pokémon from each region and favorite region?

Favorite region?

• Total voters

Kharixi

Reaction score
Simply vote on your favorite region and mention it along with your favorite Pokémon from each region. Easy, right?

For me, it's Hoenn and Sinnoh.

Kanto: Nidoqueen
Johto: Umbreon/Espeon
Hoenn: Jirachi
Sinnoh: Palkia
Unova: Reshiram
Kalos: Goodra

Last edited:
Kalos, at least for me it's a fun region, has my favorite starter

Kanto: Flareon
Johto: Umbreon
Hoenn: Delcatty
Sinnoh: Glaceon
Unova: Liepard
Kalos: Sylveon

Unova is my favorite region due to fully evolved pokemon being found in the wild.

Kanto: Dragonite
Johto: Kingdra
Hoenn: Rayquaza
Sinnoh: Arceus (particular in Dragon form)
Unova: Kyurem
Kalos: Zygarde

Sinnoh is my favorite region, I've always found mountainous regions to be beautiful.

Kanto: Arcanine
Johto: Umbreon
Hoenn: Milotic
Sinnoh: Glameow (and it's evolved form Purugly)
Unova: Serperior
Kalos: Delphox
Alola: Tie between Popplio and Iwanko

Decided to add Alola since I already have two favorite Pokemon for that region.

Last edited:
Like the idea for this thread - got me thinking for a few regions, honestly!

Kanto:
Snorlax
Johto: Slowking
Hoenn: Glalie
Sinnoh: Skuntank
Unova: Sawsbuck
Kalos: Gogoat
Alola: Rowlet

Favorite region is Johto, also! A love a lot of designs from that region, and a lot of my favorite Pokémon are first found there.

Hard question. I'd say Kalos because of the landscape and Hoenn because of the tropical and happy colors.

Favorite Pokémon:
Kanto: Flareon;
Johto: Xatu;
Hoenn: Metagross;
Sinnoh: Gallade;
Unima: Escavalier, Watchog (yes, I like Watchog), Reiniclus, Liepard, Excadrill and Braviary;
Kalos: Delphox.

Probably already guessed this, but if you want to mention Alola, you can but it's not required.

I'll fix the poll once S/M come out.

My current favorite Alola Pokémon is Litten.

Kanto: Pikachu
Johto: Totadile
Hoenn: Gardevoir
Sinnoh: Lucario
Unima: Tepig
Kalos: Greninja

Fav region is a close call between Johto and Sinnoh, but I voted Sinnoh because it was such a diverse region.

Kanto: Meowth
Johto: Espeon
Hoenn: Mawile
Sinnoh: Weavile
Unova: Zoroark
Kalos: Skrelp
Alola: Tapu Koko

My favorite region is Hoenn, followed by Johto. Out of the others, Kanto is the only one I've seen in its entirety but Kanto is so plain and dull compared to the others.

Now as for pokemon... this is difficult. I have lots of favorites in some regions.

Kanto: Charizard/Machoke/Flareon
Johto: Jumpluff/Murkrow/Sneasel
Hoenn: Treecko/Zigzagoon/Aggron/Seviper/Lunatone
Sinnoh: Bidoof/Skorupi/Cresselia
Unova: Purrloin/Scolipede
Kalos: Fennekin/Florges/Spritzee/Pumpkaboo

My favorite is Johto, there were a lot of very cool changes in gen II and it had a fun story line, and a really memorable generation of Pokémon for me.

Kanto: Nidoqueen, probably my favorite pokemon overall
Johto: Kingdra, really hard to pick a fave in this bunch
Hoenn: Crawdaunt, some close competition but it's such a good mon it wins out
Sinnoh: Mismagius, nothing I really like in this gen other than some new evos for previous mons
Unova: Tornadus, a LOT more intersting mons than previous gen but Tornadus takes it for me
Kalos: Dragalge, kinda the same problem as Sinnoh, but a poison dragon is just another way to spell cool for me

Favourites: Central Pokeverse!Japan (the combined regions of Kanto-Johto), and Kalos
Kanto: Pikachu/Charizard
Johto: All of the Johto legendaries!
Hoenn: Blaziken
Shinnoh: Lucario
Unova: Sygiliph
Kalos: Aegislash

Favorite Region: Sinnoh. It's not horribly linear, or at least it doesn't feel so.
Kanto: Articuno
Johto: Espeon
Hoenn: Kirlia and Mawile
Sinnoh: Togekiss (also all time favorite)
Unova: Snivy
Kalos: Helioptile

Favourite region: Kalos (by slimmest of margins)
Favourite pokemon:
Kanto: Pikachu
Johto: Quilava
Hoenn: Septile
Sinnoh: Infernape
Unova: Samurott
Kalos: Greninja

Favourite region: Hoenn. BW2 Unova comes close behind, but Hoenn wins.

Kanto: Charizard
Joto: Kingdra
Hoenn: Metagross, Salamence , Jirachi
Sinnoh: Heatran
Unova: Zekrom. Samurott, Galvantula
Kalos: Xerneas

Last edited:
Hard choices. ;__; but here~

Favourite region: Johto, Unova's a close second though ♥
Kanto: Stuck here between Mew and Charizard, the two Pokémon I have the most memories with
Johto: Togetic, though gosh I love Ampharos, Sneasel and others ;.;
Hoenn: Mmm... hard choice! Tropius, I suppose
Sinnoh: Shaymin
Unova: Genesect (Whimsicott's a close second!!)
Kalos: Diancie without a doubt

With Aipom being my favourite Pokémon, Johto's the only region I can pick one favourite from

Kanto: Aerodactyl, Gyarados or Electabuzz
Johto: Aipom
Hoenn: Blaziken, Milotic, Glalie or Deoxys
Sinnoh: Infernape, Staraptor, Roserade, Lucario, Gallade (these literally tie with eachother)
Unova: Dewott, Palpitoad or Braviary
Kalos: Clawitzer, Noivern or Hoopa

My favorite region by introduced Pokemon only is probably a toss up between Kanto and Hoenn. My favorite region by the actual game map/content is Kalos. But for the individual Pokemon:

Kanto: Vileplume
Johto: Raikou
Hoenn: Chimecho
Sinnoh: Rotom
Unova: Whimsicott
Kalos: Sylveon

And as a bonus, my favorite Alola Pokemon so far is Magearna. I am really interested in seeing Bounsweet's evolution line though. Unlike most other Pokemon, the small Grass-types have a tendency to stay adorable even after they evolve. That remains to be seen here, but here's hoping.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom