• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Situation Room 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, lysandre was well done villain, ghetsis was pure evil, lysandre was implied to be a fallen idol who went WAY off the deep end. he was similart to cryus in being well-intentioned, and he actually was RIGHT unlike cyrus, because he wanted to solve overpopulation, environmental decay, and resource scarcity

I don't see it.

also it wasn't rushed as it was supposedly developed the same time as BW with a different team.
And yet BW and BW2 had substance behind them.

the legendary was anything but thrown in given they power the ultimate weapon and one represents life, the other death.
Zygarde has no story. No purpose. He was added for sheer numbers.

also the war plot was dwelled on more than you seem to think.
One cutscene.

HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF YOUR SOUL WAS SUCKED FROM 3000 YEARS LATER TO END THE WORLD TO SOLVE THE MAIN ISSUES WITH HUMANITY
Who's soul was sucked? I thought Az simply stopped aging?

seriously my opinion isn't right nor wrong as ME mentioned, but there is more to XY than you seem to think.

Look, the games were easy and bland. I really didn't like them like I did ORAS. They are easily the worst triple A games in recent history.

Even worse than EO's sonic game.

they weren't glitchy nightmares like sonic boom.

and they said that the souls of dead pokemon 3000 years ago feed the ultimate weapon in x
and zygarde is supposed to represent the balance between life and death.
hence why his ability cancels both xereneas and yvetal.
one cutscene you say, becuase they reference it at nearly every dialouge like how lysandre is az's desendant and how the castle halfway through the game was once AZ's

they also explcitily stated all of my stuff.
how do you not see the lysandre thing? he said he wanted to solve the aforementioned issues in your first meeting, and a post game npc says he was always trying to solve them, but cracked one day when he realized he couldn't alone.
also
think about this
lysandre wanted to exterminate everything except team flare
team flare is said to cost a lot of money to be accepted into
he used propaganda within team flare to help them beleiev that they where right
he spied on those outside of team flare
what person in history is most infamous for that? hitler
if you seriously think sonic boom is better than xy, I don't know what to say to be honest.

Last edited:
they weren't glitchy nightmares like sonic boom.
Yeah... Not judging the games by glitchiness.

Besides, X and Y had a game breaker at launcher... If you saved in the outdoors in a certain city, you were unable to load your game. Ouch.

and they said that the souls of dead pokemon 3000 years ago feed the ultimate weapon in x
Yeah, but you said something about being sucked to the future. AFAIK, the modern blast of the weapon was powered by modern pokemon Flare had captured using those balls they stole.

and zygarde is supposed to represent the balance between life and death.
Suppposed to be, yes... but he had no story significance... I only know about him because I explored that cave.

one cutscene you say, becuase they reference it at nearly every dialouge like how lysandre is az's desendant and how the castle halfway through the game was once AZ's
Implied =/= mentioned.

The only time the war was directly mentioned was the automated cutscene at the Flare jail. It left me with a LOT of questions.

[qutelysandre wanted to exterminate everything except team flare
team flare is said to cost a lot of money to be accepted into
he used propaganda within team flare to help them beleiev that they where right
he spied on those outside of team flare[/quote]
You know who Flare reminds me of? Team Rocket. and I'm sure you know how disappointed I was at team Rocket in Gen 1 and 2.

The build up to Plasma's evil reveal was obvious from the start... from the first moment you meet N.

The build up to Magma, Aqua and Galactic's reveals are obviously planned from the start.

Why is team Rocket Evil? Why is Team Flare evil?

Team Flare's evil point was slapped on at the last moment, and has nothing to do with the Pokemon Professor's research, Mega Evolution.

if you seriously think sonic boom is better than xy, I don't know what to say to be honest.
I'm a mario fan. I never planned any sonic games... but nothing could possibly be worse than X and Y.

You can explain the story all you want... but you can't change the fact that it was BORING. The story was bland. The region was bland. The Pokemon weren't very plentiful. The characters were bland. The evil team was rushed, probably added in the month before going gold.

The ONLY character I remember from the games... is Shauna. She was the cute adorable little sister.

What did Calem want? What did Trevor do? What did Tierno (sp) want?

The only thing I remember about the three of them was that I competed with Calem for the mega ring, and Tierno mumbled something about dancing. Was Trevor even there beyond the honey scene at the beginning of the game?

What do you mean the game is over now that I've beaten the champion? How do I start the after game? What do you mean there is no after game? Looker? Eh, Kinda interesting... but short... I beat it after half an hour.

Kalos' battle facility can not compare to the end game facility of Gen 5's second pair.

Also, In Gen 5, the Gym leaders were active in the story... I do remember Katrina from Kalos involved in the story... I saw the first leader, forgot her name outside the gyms... but... where were the rest of them?!

Helloooo :)
Sorry I haven't been responding to things, I was on holiday. The website said there would be wifi on the ship but it neglected to mention that said wifi was £10 an hour so I didn't plan for subs because I thought I'd be around but I wasn't.
Sorry :(

I might be in the minority with this, but X/Y actually reignited my love for the Pokemon games. I absolutely hated B2/W2 and the original B/W are definitely some of my other least faves, while I loved Y version to pieces. I love the Kalos region because its gorgeous, the new Pokemon were well-designed imo, the music was great, Friend Safari is one of the best things they've ever added to the games, I just loved it. Only thing I didn't like was the addition of Mega Evolutions, which I still don't like and wish they'd never introduced, but oh well, too late now and I've accepted that fact.

Its strange, since I love RPGs because I like having deep plots and interesting characters. Yet I felt nothing toward the plot of B/W and didn't like hardly any characters at all. At least with X/Y I liked the character's designs a lot in general, whereas I can't even say that for B/W or B2/W2 (though I do like Nate and Rosa's designs, and also Cheren's B2/W2 look, but that's kinda it). I guess its because I don't play Pokemon for the story, I just play to go on my own journey, catch my Pokemon, and that's it. The plot of X/Y (or lack thereof) didn't bother me at all for that reason, since it at least had the barebones needed to explain why Team Flare needed to go down, and that's all I need or want in Pokemon.

I get why people want a more in-depth story though, so I can understand some of the negativity toward X/Y. I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents as a big Kalos and X/Y fan haha. I have a feeling that Sun/Moon will blow it out of the water though, those games look fantastic so far!

X/Y are my favorite main series titles simply because of all the new features, graphics, and mechanics they added. Especially what they did to expand trading and battling through WiFi. I was admittedly a bit disappointed by the lack of new Pokemon but the new additions to battling made up for it in my opinion. I don't really play Pokemon for the story, but it's always a nice touch if there is a good one. I'm hoping for Generation VII to add a good deal of new Pokemon this time around.

We have a really old one that can only work if @Pikochu; would be willing to constantly run in circles for us :)

That's a bad idea considering that me running around in circles would probably won't produce a strong magnetic field to get the generator going.

That reminds me - @Pikochu, have you and your friends visited my area recently? Because there is a bit of a storm going on here, and that's usually what happens when a group of Pikachu get together.

I can only speak for myself that I wasn't there. I was enjoying the weather doing this:

ab97466c0b4fb8f5bfed84f2dc3fcb57.jpg

My only complaint with XY was that there was like nothing to do post game imo. There was another side of the region that they did next to nothing with really.
My major complaint about XY too. I was not pleased with the story, but despite it being bland it was standard enough for a Pokémon game that I couldn't really hate it for it. But there was so much just hollow content taking up space without being really engaging or interesting. And there was so much just... extra stuff in there that made things more complicated than they needed to be. Locations, items, new abilities, even some of the new moves. I just don't feel like XY added much to the franchise as a whole.

You're an LD debator? I was on my LD debate team in high school. I became captain of the JV team my senior year. (I lost my shot at being Varsity captain because I joined the team 2nd semester freshman year and not 1st semester.)

We also did a few rounds of Congressional debate after the debating season was over.

I was an LD debater until I figured out how much I hated everyone on my team xD it was fun while it lasted I guess.

My PF teammate bailed on me, he wanted to do OO I suppose. Oh well, he was the kind of guy who always preferred style over substance in his speeches. But I'm finding difficulty in getting a new one!

I am always up for a philosophical debate. That's what I absolutely loved about the team. I can see why people like PF, but factual debates were never as interesting to me.

My PF teammate bailed on me, he wanted to do OO I suppose. Oh well, he was the kind of guy who always preferred style over substance in his speeches. But I'm finding difficulty in getting a new one!

Sorry to hear that xD hope you find a new one!

I've seen many complaints about the EXP Share's early introduction in XY which never made sense to me. Its functionality and early usage is incredible for Pokemon collecting through evolution, and I've used it immensely in both X and AS to get almost all of the Pokemon I could before the league, which was a joy to do. Pokemon has never been difficult if you have any experience bar maybe one or two occurrences and you can solo each game with one Pokemon. If a challenge is too hard then most players would just train their Pokemon a bit more and beat it easily.

XY were interesting and great games with fun gameplay, many new interesting features coupled with nice visuals and fun dialogue. I too am excited for Sun and so far Popplio and Rockruff have a spot in my team for sure. They are just too adorable and their designs are the best so far in my opinion.

I might be in the minority with this, but X/Y actually reignited my love for the Pokemon games. I absolutely hated B2/W2 and the original B/W are definitely some of my other least faves, while I loved Y version to pieces. I love the Kalos region because its gorgeous, the new Pokemon were well-designed imo, the music was great, Friend Safari is one of the best things they've ever added to the games, I just loved it. Only thing I didn't like was the addition of Mega Evolutions, which I still don't like and wish they'd never introduced, but oh well, too late now and I've accepted that fact.

Friend Safari was amazing. It's the only feature that made best use of the 3DS's Friend List feature. More than half of my friends list is filled thanks to its existence. I also remember how when I got XY I'd battle with some Bulbagarden users and trade as well. The experience was so exciting and one of Pokemon's consistent main strengths is the good interactions between people that it brings. Mega Evolutions are great in breathing life into new Pokemon but their understandable large focus is annoying, especially in the Anime and even its movies. The Pokemon League itself even placed a huge emphasis on them!

Friend Safari was amazing. It's the only feature that made best use of the 3DS's Friend List feature. More than half of my friends list is filled thanks to its existence. I also remember how when I got XY I'd battle with some Bulbagarden users and trade as well. The experience was so exciting and one of Pokemon's consistent main strengths is the good interactions between people that it brings. Mega Evolutions are great in breathing life into new Pokemon but their understandable large focus is annoying, especially in the Anime and even its movies. The Pokemon League itself even placed a huge emphasis on them!
Yeah, I would have only, like, a handful of people on my Friend List if not for Friend Safari haha. Plus it's fun to see what Pokemon everyone has in their safari. even if I'm still disappointed that my safari isn't Poison or Steel I hope that Sun and Moon have plenty of new Pokemon, since its kinda disappointing imo when there's not many new ones and instead we get a bunch of Mega Evolutions for Pokemon we've already known for years (also, the favoritism with some *cough cough Charizard cough cough* sometimes irks me lol). But usually the new ones are always high quality regardless, so that's good and even if there weren't many new Pokemon in X/Y, the ones that were there I really liked for the most part!

Hmm, a TWR tournament might be kind of cool when Sun/Moon come out, especially if there was a way to link battling in the games to progress in a mafia game somehow with a special mechanic or setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom