• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP89-91

I hope so. I love Monferno. Now that I think about it. I don't think they've shown Monferno yet have they?

who cares? did they show charmeleon before Charmander became one? I don't think so.

I hope it does evolve, it needs something after being shafted lately.

What the butt, it seems like they're implying that Dawn will get a Grimer or a Magnemite. Or both.

*__* omg awsome , hope chicmhar evolves and dawn has room for 1 more pokemon so maybe she might get a grimer or maganimite

my rough translation:

DP89: Research Presentation: 'The Legend of Lake'!
DP90: It's Ghost-Time After School!
DP91: The Final Match! Pokemon Triathlon!!

Obviously the 7-day Summer School storyline is a mini-arc. DP88 for Days 1&2; DP89 for Days 3&4; DP90 for Days 5&6; and, DP91 for Day 7.

PS: from what I can make out in the scan, the legend of lake here doesn't seem to be related to the legendary trios but to Lumineon. And most Pokemon shown on the first page appear to belong to the Summer School.

Last edited:
Don't forget that the trainers are loaned a Pokémon from the school so that would be the reason why Grimer and Magnemite are next to Dawn if there is one. She just got a Swinub and already has Pachirisu so getting a Magnezone now is a bit unlikely.

As for Chimchar, it does need more screentime but it needs it as a Chimchar. If that scan is anything to go by, it is as much Ash's as the Raichu is (and thank goodness we have a screenshot to stop the "Pikachu evolving" idiocy this time).

Heck, I was just saying the other day on another forum that this Summer School thing was going to be yet another mini-arc. Didn't think I'd nail it right on the spot. ._.

Wow, so we're getting another mini-arc, with Kouhei as a major character? Thank you, writers.

The first title sounds like it might have another appearance of Shigeru as well - he said he was on his way to the lake to research the pokemon Satoshi saw in the Mikuri Cup arc.

It looks like Ash will get a Monferno and/or Raichu for his loaner Pokemon.
I really hope Chimmy evolves though.

Those links don't work anymore, and for some reason not all the kanji are showing up in the titles that were posted here.

As for Chimchar, it does need more screentime but it needs it as a Chimchar

considering how much the poor thing has been shafted lately evolving it would be a great way of turning it around, seriously everyone else has either evolved like Gliscor, or gotten new moves, Chimchar hasn't done anything of value since it joined Ash, and it's looking like Paul should've kept it if something doesn't happen soon.

considering how much the poor thing has been shafted lately evolving it would be a great way of turning it around, seriously everyone else has either evolved like Gliscor, or gotten new moves, Chimchar hasn't done anything of value since it joined Ash, and it's looking like Paul should've kept it if something doesn't happen soon.
What about that little freak-out thing? It seemed to tap into some of that power that Paul had seen when he caught it.

^except it gained nothing from doing that, and really was beating up a pokemon it helped paul catch to begin with really impressive? I don't think so.

About Chimchar, we just haven't seen it battle that much but it's not being shafted in terms of character. Other than Buizel and Gliscor, Chimchar's got character development and its freak-out during the battle of Paul will most likely be part of its story line and development as the series progresses. I mean the whole thing with Chimchar has been growing since the beginning and it will most likely be an important subject between Ash and Paul in the future.

But anyway yeah, Chimchar evolving would be cool but since Ash and co. are using pokemon that's not theirs, who knows what will happen. I'm just so excited though since the mini-arcs of DP have been pretty good and especially with Conway involved, it's going to be really interesting.

I was expecting everyone to go in a frenzy by now about the supposed Monferno being the Monferno. Maybe it's a little early? Or are people giving sensible views that the Monferno isn't what it is, but someone else's, or a loaned Pokemon?

Why would they give Dawn a Magnemite, and a Grimer when she just caught a Swinub.

It's just for loan, since they'll be taking care of some Pokemon for a week.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom