• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO How are you currently finding the game?

Just got the game a couple days ago and it's working out okay. I haven't had much opportunity to get out and explore yet, but it seems fun. I'm sure there will be a lot for me to find when I get back out to school in the fall. Just wish it wasn't such a drain on my phone's battery, even with the "battery saver" option enabled.

The randomisation is very bad. I keep finding Pokemon in the exact same spot, which ruins the challenge. Some areas seem to have no Pokemon, so there is little use in walking there. I keep walking round my house, which apparently has two encounter spots. I thought the game would encourage you to take longer walks.

The randomisation is very bad. I keep finding Pokemon in the exact same spot, which ruins the challenge. Some areas seem to have no Pokemon, so there is little use in walking there. I keep walking round my house, which apparently has two encounter spots. I thought the game would encourage you to take longer walks.

Well, you aren't exactly going to find every Pokémon by walking the exact same route, so you WILL have to take longer walks, and different paths. Unless of course, you actually do end up finding every Pokémon along the same route eventually, which is unlikely.

Haven't played much in the last few days because the servers have been so bad. I guess it's because of all the new countries that started playing it recently. (Japan, France etc)

The Servers are holding up pretty reliably these last three days so I could play the game religiously. And it's fun, there are a few strongly frequented spots in my immediate area with lures on all the time.

I must admit that Drowzee is my new Zubat, though. I already evolved about 20 of them.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I find it enjoyable but frustrating. Mostly frustrating as there aren't many good Pokemon in my area, but that's just bad luck.

Gameplay has been running smoothly for me. Heard of the glitch where the Pokemon you capture end up being another Pokemon instead. So far that one hasn't worked out for me lol.

I like it. Just wished there was a better way to level up and evolve your Pokemon. The whole capture and release/transfer for candy makes me sad.

To be honest, I haven't really played it at all recently. After a while, I just got burnt out and bored with it.

Same, after reaching level 6, I lost my interest in the game. I actually got bored because of the battle system and because of gps spoofers and insanely hard gyms (the gyms have 1000 cp pokemon). This game is good for a non-Pokemon fan but if you are a fan since the beginning, you won't like it as that, it will just be the people around you and the hype that will make you play
IMO, the game is highly overrated.

Yeah, I don't care about hype or what other people do, and I still like the game. Hell, I pay so much attention to what everyone else is doing that I didn't even know this game existed until a few days after it was already released. Granted, I don't play every day because, as mentioned previously, I live in the ninth layer of hell and going outside is like being on fire, day or night, but I've still managed to reach lv 20. Maybe it's just my OCD of literally wanting to catch them all that's keeping me going, but I'm still enjoying catching pokemon.

...I still can't see this topic in the Pokemon GO subforum lol.

Well I like this game but they should really consider adding the other 529+ Pokemon at some point. Otherwise it will get really stale. I'm at level 9 and I'm having trouble finding Pokemon I don't have yet. Also I'm not sure if I like the update to the nearby/sightings list.

I got Pokemon Go a few days ago, and I like it so far. I've been getting some exercise (but sometimes I can keep my phone in one place and the avatar just moves around on their own for some reason) and my mom has the game too so we play it together. She asks me stuff about Pokemon since I've played the games before and she hasn't, so it's kind of a bonding experience I think.

I'm too low leveled to fight any of the gyms though, and there aren't any Pokestops in my neighborhood (and I don't want to go out onto the highway). It would be nice if you got some Pokeballs every day for checking in or something so you don't run out.

Current thoughts: it's definitely not lasting as long as I thought it would. I'm sure there are those who are still playing it regularly but for most of the masses the nostalgia/novelty of it has lost it's shininess.

The new tracking method is also a pain and makes it harder to play, and if you were someone who was already having an issue playing in a rural area then it really doesn't help that. Perhaps once battling/trading comes the comes will get another boost of activity?

I lost interest weeks ago. My sentiment echoes that of Keshav. At least, it was fun for a bit to just kind of have it on in my house and see if any random Pokemon appeared. There were so many Ratatas and Pidgeys, and I soon tired of them. In fact, I was pretty apathetic about the former until this game. Now I hate it with a burning passion.

Still though, the game was fun. It was fun to walk around the neighborhood a few nights, gaining steps for both my fitness counter and the game, and finding new Pokemon.

Then we went downtown. There were so many damn Pokestops and Pokemon everywhere that it kind of... short-circuited me. At first, it was amazing. Progress was insanely fast, and I found myself capturing so many. However, it made playing it at home not fun at all in comparison and I could never go back to walking around the neighborhood again after that. We can't drive downtown all the time.

That's okay though, because playing it downtown burned me out on it quickly. The game is fun in short bursts, but when I played it for that long, I realized how meaningless it was. I have to catch so many of the same type of Pokemon, and I can't even do anything with them. Not even challenge a gym, because people are insanely high leveled and it would take me far too long to catch up. The thrill wears off quickly when you've caught one of the same species. And the fact that you have to be so precise with saving evolutions and how you get experience for how hard it becomes to level up later on and that catching even a lowly Rattata became a huge hassle... yeah.

I finally hit the last straw when Niantic took down Pokevision, which was the game's one saving grace. Hunting down Pokemon with purpose was the most fun and immensely satisfying thing in the game.

Think I'm hitting the wall.

Not that I've experienced it yet, but the slog that is higher you get, and the warnings of how hard it is to even catch CP10 Pidgeys is enough to start killing my interest.

Already it's really annoying to find good type match ups with there being absolutely no Electric or Fire Pokemon around the majority of areas I travel to, and even when they do pop up, you need a billion of them to get your Poke to evolve.

Niantic better start thinking about post-game aka after level 20, or they could lose all the good work they have done in weeks.

The game is out today for where I live, but I haven't played it yet. Now that the fad is over it doesn't look as appealing to me. I also have other reasons I'm not playing it. For one thing, there's not enough room to download the app on my phone and I don't want to erase other stuff. Second, I heard that it practically drains the battery and heats up the phone badly, and I don't want either of that. Third, there's only Gen 1 pokemon so maybe I'll get the app when they update it with second gen mons.

When I first got the app, it was slow and crashed a lot, but that was moreso due to my phone and not the app itself.

Now that I have a new phone, I'm definitely enjoying the app. I enjoyed it when I had my old phone too, but it made playing difficult because of the slowness and crashing. I'm not playing as much as I probably would have last summer, but I'm playing here and there. I think my biggest complaint is the battery usage. Even on battery saver mode, it still drains the battery a fair amount. The speed thing is a little annoying too because it sometimes triggers while I'm walking (and I can walk pretty fast), but that's not really a huge issue to me.

Got the app recently, and I'm half-right about the app draining the life out of my phone. It's eating up the battery, so I'm not really playing it even when I'm outside.

But all in all, I changed my mind about the appeal. It is quite enjoyable to see pokemon pop up once in a while and catch them, even though the species are limited to Gen1 pokemon.

Today marks the game's first anniversary.

Early on it was a bit annoying since not all countries could get it at once (to the point that some people resorted to .apk), there were lots of server shutdowns (although that had its good side, it means it became much more popular than expected), the game would easily crash because there were still some bugs around and so on. These were fixed little by little and it's much much more smooth now. But it's still a battery drainer compared to your average app.

With my previous phone it became extremely annoying to even play in the end, and the constant updates would need more and more memory my phone couldn't easily afford. Ever since I changed it I am able to play much better again.

I believe an important milestone within the first year was the beginning of the Halloween Event, the first of its kind. The first day felt great, seeing such a difference in species and being able to earn Candy quickly etc. There would come more events after this, and I liked them all, some more some less.

Another major point was Generation II got in. Honestly I wasn't expecting them to introduce it that soon, but I'm glad they did. Looking forward to the next generations to come.

The final milestone is the Gym revamp and the Raid Battles, I believe. It was a complete Gym overhaul. The new system has its advantages and disadvantages compared to the old one, but Raids have only left a positive taste on me.

Overall, I'm glad at the direction the game has gone in this year. Early on, I believe that by the next year there would be trading, some sort of compatibility to Sun/Moon and Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres would be available to players of their respective teams. While these haven't happened, and I'm still waiting on legendaries and would like to see an anniversary event (there's still no announcement about it all), I'm glad because they surprised me in ways I didn't expect, like the plethora of different events, the introduction of Gen II this soon and Raid Battles.

I was unfortunately expecting the popularity of the game to decline, as with all fads, but it still has an active and dedicated playerbase. Looking forward to the GO-versaries to come!

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom