• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

So I'm not so sure they really work as examples of what you both are talking about.
I won't speak about it too much since the conversation was getting us nowhere in the other thread, but essentially I was simply trying to point out that trainers aren't locked to just being generic battlers whose purpose is to win. There's a variety of ways that trainers represent themselves, and even if they don't make the slightest difference in actual battle with them (since they're the profession and not the actual act of doing stuff like that mid-match), it helps to establish even the lowly NPCs as more than just data with a team for you to fight.

We'll have to wait and see just how much it applies on to the rest of the region (or whether or not it'll be "rare" again like Mega Evolution was to explain the majority of NPCs not using the power).

Cool! More news! Hopefully about the region and maybe one or two new Pokemon. Just cool it down with all the new Pokemon.

August is probably going to provide quite a bit

1st August: Official site news
8th-12th Corocoro will leak
19th-21st VGC World Championships

Given not only the past years but also the past month I can see VGC Worlds having an announcement of something.

Not expecting much on August 1st outside of more new Pokemon, but we'll see.

I've seen a few people mention this, is there any significance to it being 6 digits now?

True there is none that I can think of unless certain mechanics are changed regarding ID numbers. However it could be because the virtual console games will be able to communicate with Sun and Moon.

I really hope that we'll get some Town names and gym leaders this time around. Or even the villain team (or their motif at best).

Wow, we just 4 new Pokemon on Tuesday, and now we're getting more stuff in 10 days. It's hard to believe this is the same game we went 4 months without any news.:p

That aside, I really hope the Aug 1 news doesn't have any new Pokemon. I really want to know more about the characters in this game. Whether it's people we've already been introduced to, looking at Hala, or new characters, I'd like some info on some humans. I also wouldn't mind seeing some of the new mechanics like the special moves from the trailer or the new amie.

But please, give the Pokemon reveals a break.

Would anyone else not mind if we only got mostly Pokemon reveals from now until release?

I always stay away from too many region, character or story spoilers anyway so them keeping quiet on that aspect of the game doesn't really bother me. In fact it would make things more enjoyable to know as little as possible about the region before playing it.

If I get a glimpse of who the evil team is and some idea of what's going on with gyms (as in are they still around or not) that will be enough for me really.

I wouldn't mind. I usually don't bother looking at pokémon released during the reveals. I watch the trailer once and then move on. Too much examination ruins it for me, it's much more fun diving into the new game not knowing what we'll see. The region, character, and story spoilers are therefore a no go for me, since, again, I'd rather explore the region on my own.

Honestly all I really want is some confirmation on if Gyms are still a thing

I would extremely surprised and disappointed if they weren't still a thing.

Personally, I'm hoping that we have lots of pokémon, new and old. Kalos was filled to the brim with all different types and I hope we see that again, especially with this supposed emphasis on catching them all.

Would anyone else not mind if we only got mostly Pokemon reveals from now until release?

Yeah, I wouldn't really mind. Besides, the Pokemon are what the franchise is about, so it makes sense for them to focus more on the Pokemon.

It does make me wonder how many Pokemon we're going to have introduced in Sun/Moon. I hope for a lot, but that's just me.

I'm pretty surprised that they'd announce the next batch of news when we've already gotten quite a bit this week. I'm not complaining since more Pokemon news is always good. Honestly, while I can understand why people wouldn't want more new Pokemon revealed, I wouldn't really mind it if we get mostly that from this point forward. I really love the designs for most of the seventh generation Pokemon and I like getting ideas for my teams. I can see why people would want to save some of the new Pokemon for when they play through the game to be a surprise, but based on my attempts to play through X/Y blind, I really prefer having an idea of what teams I want to make before playing the games rather than as I'm playing them.

I would like to get more information on the Alola region though. Confirmation on whether or not Gyms are there would definitely be good. I'd also like to see some information on the new evil team since I've been curious about that for awhile. I'd still be fine with more new Pokemon. I love checking out the new Pokemon, the speculation about them and all of the fanart that comes from their announcement, so I'd be fine with more new Pokemon being revealed too.

The fact that TPCi has decided to share game information at this level of frequency makes me happy. I never experienced a drawback when smash bros had its incredibly frequent updates, and I found the community in general to be happier and more excited. Everyone was imagining possibilities. You could argue that we're getting overhyped, but I would disagree.

With it being August I am fully expecting that this will be a big event. We're going to get a showcase of some very new information related to the game mechanics and locations, I'm betting on it.

I must say, I've been enjoying this steady flow of information much more than having to wait for CoroCoro to leak once a month!

I just hope we get something other than Pokemon for a change. Not that I don't like seeing new Pokemon but I'm more interested in the new mechanics and whether there are any gyms in Alola or not.

If we do get any new Pokemon I hope it's the starter evolutions to finally prove or disprove the images that have been going around since June.

I'd rather they toned it down as well. It's not like we need 14 new Pokemon a month, a handful at most would satisfy me. But next I'd like to see the fossils and an Ice-type. Other than that I'm not too fussed Pokemon-wise as long as they have fun types and an ability that toys with the metagame :p

Unfortunately it is not for us to decide if Game Freak should slow down with the new pokemon reveals. If they want to reveal new pokemon each month then they are going to do that. Sure, I would like info on the region, character and other stuff but it is not up to me or others to determine what news should come and what shouldn't.

Back
Top Bottom