• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia The Pokemon Starters Mafia (Mafia Wins)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Life could've been killed because:

1) The mafia wants Human, Mido and I to start suspecting each other "Why aren't you dead yet?!"
2) Worst case scenario, at least one of Human or Mido ARE scum and they don't want "Why aren't you dead yet?!" to be an argument against them alone.

VOTE: Calvin ッ

Because I've seen he can be logical and trying to solve the game but is constantly dodging here. Others are dodging too but for his case it feels forced.

@Andrew1990 ; Yes

-

RainbowSkittles and Elementar's interactions give me deja vu feelings... I swear I've seen that kind of conversation happen 2 years ago at least 2 or 3 times. I think there better targets to focus on than RS but I do not mind the attention.

Because I've seen he can be logical and trying to solve the game but is constantly dodging here. Others are dodging too but for his case it feels forced.

Will read some previous games to see if this is true, might take a while.

Elementar's Day 1 reads list as Mafia in US Elections Mafia:

Mighty Eevee - Scummy
Jackatlasred - Null. Doesn't seem scummy but isn't screaming town.
Zexy –Leaning town, provided but I can call to be the first list of reads. Didn't joke vote and got straight into it iirc.
Coco Adel - I'd like to see a bit more
TheCapsFan - Was here before, and sort of drifted off. Seemed fine when he was here.
Jsach - Inactive.
Etrian Oddity – I can never read EO until day 2...
DrumBeats - Town, providing good posts like Zexy.
Pyure – Town, providing really good posts.
Jdthebud – Honestly, I'm not sure. I guess null?
Silent Cal - Slight town. No real scummy behaviour.
Dale – Null. A few different reads from what I've seen.
Walrein – Not active enough for me, unless I've been stupid and haven't seen anything.
Ghostwheel – Null-town. Honestly, everyone's acting pretty towny at this stage.

Elementar's reads list this game:

Zexy - Neutral. Providing good posts. But I could see a partnership with Mido. Those two are good at looking apart so they both don't get scum reads. That's about the only reasoning I have though. It's a stretch, but it's something to me. I agree on ROCMH though. But if it comes down to us two, I think I'll vote for them because I know I'm town and obviously want to stay in the game. But I also wonder why you'd vote for Pikochu if they made 'townie' posts and then disappeared. Maybe they went to bed? He's gone inactive, so how will that help us? ;)
Sunsette - Provided some good post, but overall inactive.
Hellcrow - Same as above.
Slife - Slight town.
Pikochu - Slight scummy from the tone of their posts. But nothing else much.
jdthebud - Also slightly scummy from my end. Didn't have much reasoning for their vote on me apart from my initial want for lynching an inactive, which has since changed (I'm always willing to improve my meta, because it's obviously not that good at the moment xD)
White Crow - Inactive.
Midorikawa - I'm actually going slight scum. I hope it doesn't get me lynched, but I think I see similarities to other times he has played mafia.
HumanDawn - Town. Providing quality stuff.
Life - Slight scum. Pushed for my bandwagon because of the inactive thing and about me asking Zexy for my read. I thought that was fine, considering that I was one of the only active players that he didn't really mention. To me, that's grasping at straws.
RainbowSkittles - Inactive.
MMMMMMMMMMMMM - Town. New player that seems to be doing well and I'm actually excited to play with them.
Andrew1990 - Inactive.
Molten Eevee - Tough one. I'll go neutral for now.
Space - Inactive.
returnofmastercrazyhand - I would say town but I actually feel like lynching them over the modkill thing. I'm sorry, but that was uncalled for and I just don't like it.
Calvin ッ - Hmmm... Neutral for now.

More detailed, listed Pikochu as slightly scummy.

Did Calvin have a name change or something? I haven't been able to find their name anywhere...

Elementar's Day 1 reads list as Mafia in US Elections Mafia:

Elementar's reads list this game:

More detailed, listed Pikochu as slightly scummy.

Did Calvin have a name change or something? I haven't been able to find their name anywhere...
Good point, Elementar sure looks better now.

Yeah, he was Kakashi Hatake for a long while.

Trying to do some catching up since I've missed a good deal of a day phase >.< Sorry! Please don't hate me!

15) Molten Eevee - Their behaviour isn't unexpected. Saying something like "Gee, that guy was Mafia last game, so they're Mafia again now!" is... such a risky thing to say as Mafia, which I would expect to be more cautious. I've also had experience with them saying weird things, me calling them out on it and it just all degrading into some pointless arguing between me and them (see Random Messages Mafia...). Even with all that I don't think they've done anything that offensive. They seem to be trying to contribute and try to get things done.

Truth is, I'm still bad at this game... specifically being able to read people... There are no facial expressions. No body language... I need to go on posts along, and text is emotionless.

I did joke around with MCH, but that seems to have gotten out of control, so I apologise for that.

Is this in response to me? If it is, then what was the reason?

I had directed you to the very post where I gave my reason.

Vote: Molten Eevee
I still don't know about him, he seems too careless to be town

"He seems too careless to be town"... You want to explain that? Because it makes no sense. Combined with your weird logic from the last phase, I'm wondering if you are just desperately trying to get a mislynch.

My suspicions right now are... MMMMMMMMM - He is not making a lot of sense, posting logic and weird maths that makes no sense, and seems to be pushing a target, me, for no reason.

RainbowSkittles - RS seemed to dodge a question a page or two ago and it just stuck out at me like a sore thumb.

Calvin - Zexy is right that Kakashi can do better, but seems be dodging here.

Finished work, I see there is a vote on me. I've tried answering every question I have been given, but I may have missed one or two. The only "dodging" I can think of is if you think im dodging away from giving a scum read? When honestly I had none at the time of asking. I've said multiple times, my only slight read was M13, since the sudden change from not knowing nothing, to coming into some somewhat decent logic. However, it now seems to me they are a new player, trying to learn to play, and by bringing such logic to the table, are clearly trying to help the team.

Secondly, I must now throw something towards the inactives. Without fully pinning the blame on one. They must be doing something outside of the game, otherwise surely they would have been modkilled/subbed for inactivity.

And please get back to me on the questions i've missed, i'll try to help out as much as possible.

Surprised as well that I was killed. First game I played from the start in nearly a year and I'm NKed Night 1. ): Someone must have a vendetta against me. d:

Don't want to discuss anything game-wise, but since I feel bad I wasn't able to respond to Midori and HD, I'm going to quickly say no hard feelings (and apologize if I offended either) and I'd love to discuss more mafia philosophy in the designated thread. :)

Anyways, good luck town! You've done well already so I look forward to seeing you pull through with the win! Thanks for letting me play EL!

The first half of this Day Phase has blown by and an time which could have been used to place votes and have discussions going from those votes to figure each other out has been wasted. Because I don't like ties around:

UNVOTE: Space

Either of the two would be a good lynch. Honestly a 1/3 of the players wouldn't be bad lynches, but Calvin and Space are up there.

[QUOTE="Molten Eevee, post: 5920101, member: 71208"
"He seems too careless to be town"... You want to explain that? Because it makes no sense. Combined with your weird logic from the last phase, I'm wondering if you are just desperately trying to get a mislynch.

My suspicions right now are... MMMMMMMMM - He is not making a lot of sense, posting logic and weird maths that makes no sense, and seems to be pushing a target, me, for no reason.
[/QUOTE]
If you need further math explanation, please specify. Recall that it was a mafia (@Pikochu) who made me show my work anyway.
You seem careless because you randomly roleclaimed for no reason. It only would help the mafia, which would only be justified if you are mafia yourself.

I had directed you to the very post where I gave my reason.

All I see is you saying no. There is no link or anything.

...Ehh? But he flipped scum, so I'm not sure what you're trying to mean by saying that he voted M*13 despite excusing him as Town.

What I was insinuating was that maybe M*13 was his scum buddy and that his voting him was in a way to clear him. Since he excused him as town earlier.

Looking at what I'm explaining now, yeah, it does all seem ridiculous and unlikely. M*13 didn't have a reason to be voted-which was why I was looking into that vote in the first place. It was most likely random. Still I'm not sure how my strange logic is inherently scummy? I was looking into things trying to find some sort of evidence in Pikochu's posts/vote.

I don't remember things being slow. Could you give me for how long you paid attention to the thread?

Well in the final hour there were only four posts. I can't remember the first one but one was Pikochu and his vote, then I just asked him why M*13, and then White Crow voted mch. It didn't seem like anything big was suddenly going to happen.

Sorry if I am asking too much but could I also get a reads list from you?

Sure thing, but first: does anyone know a way to search a specific user's posts in a thread? It'd be a lot easier to be more specific on certain things if I could. (ofc I could look back but this would be faster and easier)

They must be doing something outside of the game, otherwise surely they would have been modkilled/subbed for inactivity.

I don't see it in the rules but don't most games require in-game posts for activity to count?

It hasn't been long enough for an inactivity modkill, has it? In my experience, it's usually two day phases without a post at least.

What I was insinuating was that maybe M*13 was his scum buddy and that his voting him was in a way to clear him. Since he excused him as town earlier.

Looking at what I'm explaining now, yeah, it does all seem ridiculous and unlikely. M*13 didn't have a reason to be voted-which was why I was looking into that vote in the first place. It was most likely random. Still I'm not sure how my strange logic is inherently scummy? I was looking into things trying to find some sort of evidence in Pikochu's posts/vote.

It's not that it's inherently scummy, it's just that it doesn't really feel that it contributes that much or is means anything. Then again I disagree with the reasoning so I'm seeing what you brought up in a different light than you are. Forgive me if I'm being too hard; it's possible that I'm looking too hard into things and even though we lynched Mafia Day 1 I would like to keep the momentum of things.

Well in the final hour there were only four posts. I can't remember the first one but one was Pikochu and his vote, then I just asked him why M*13, and then White Crow voted mch. It didn't seem like anything big was suddenly going to happen.

From my experience anything can happen, which is why I refreshed the page constantly. It's probably why I didn't things were so slow.

Sure thing, but first: does anyone know a way to search a specific user's posts in a thread? It'd be a lot easier to be more specific on certain things if I could. (ofc I could look back but this would be faster and easier)

The feature that allowed us to do it is dead : (... I asked Tech here about it and no response.

I asked you guys to either repeat the questions, and yet you persist on voting me. That is weird. I guess nameclaiming and roleclaiming would make of no use.

I honestly dont think I have been inactive as many others, and if thats the reason for your vote @returnofmastercrazyhand, your vote should be on an actual inactive. Not someone who has posted, albeit briefly to someone who has posted maybe once. Your reasoning behind your vote makes no sense if its on me. What I think has happened here is that you dont know who to vote, so you went for two of the biggest town looking players. Those being Zexy and HD. Call it a bandwagon vote if you will.

Also, Zexy you claim I am dodging? What inparticular? RainbowSkittles themselves said the exact same thing as me; "Im not dodging any questions, I may not have seen it"

Why is the vote not on them? I believe they have acted the scummiest out of me and them, In my honest opinion.

I want reads. I'm not a fan of constantly prompting you and getting nothing and some defence. Others have been inactive but they haven't been prompted and provided nothing. At least RainbowSkittles has provided a reads list. I'm alarmed that he hasn't voted anyone despite having Mafia reads in it but then almost NOBODY is anyway despite having the reads and me asking players who they would vote. ROMCH worries me but they're in my good book because of my theory + the vote on Pikochu which I expected to be followed after I voted for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom