• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY130: The Finals! Satoshi VS Alan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are two new summaries of the episode, courtesy of Dephender.

mWTNAyi.jpg
FhhRrZO.jpg

From the first image.

It's the Kalos League finals. Ash challenges Alain, who he has never won against. And as their battle continues with neither of them gaining a definite upper hand, Alain sends out the third member of his team, which has stayed a complete mystery so far.

From the second image.

As the Kalos League finals arrive, Ash confronts Alain, an opponent he has never won against before. And not only that, but Alain has not revealed any of the cards he has on his hand besides Charizard and Metagross all the way up through the semifinals. Ash and Alain clash together with all they have, and as their battle continues with neither of them gaining a definite upper hand, Alain finally sends out his third Pokémon.

Omg Bangiras looks proper derp in that picture! I love these "I'm going to eat you now" shots we've had so many of in XY.

The summary doesn't make sense. Alain has Charizard, Metagross, Tyranitar and Weavile. There are two unknown pokemon instead of one. I seriously doubt Alain would enter the league with only five pokemon. I want a full 6 on 6 battle.

Again, while it is emphasizing that Tyranitar is his third pokemon, it doesn't say final. I'm still holding out for a 6 vs 6.

Interesting that it seems to imply this battle will START with Gekkouga vs Mega Lizardon, then move to Metagross vs. Pikachu, then Tyranitar ect ect. That's breaking traditional battle format for the anime, where they save the biggest match up for last. But it would make sense, since Alan's battle strategy up to this point has mostly just been blast through all of his opponents with his most powerful pokemon and avoid using others. Having him send out Lizardon first would be consistent with his character, and I think would make for an interesting battle.

The VA list.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto

Clemont: Yūki Kaji

Bonnie: Mariya Ise

Serena: Mayuki Makiguchi

Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani

Talonflame: Kiyotaka Furushima

Noivern: Kenta Miyake

Dedenne: Megumi Satō

Jessie: Megumi Hayashibara

James: Shin'ichirō Miki

Meowth: Inuko Inuyama

Professor Sycamore: Hiroshi Tsuchida

Alain: Kenshō Ono

Mairin: Mikako Komatsu

Tierno: Anri Katsu

Trevor: Minami Fujii

Shauna: Yurie Kobori

Diantha: Fumiko Orikasa

Malva: Akeno Watanabe

Referee: Tsuguo Mogami

Charizard: Kensuke Satō

Weavile: Hitomo Nabatame

Here are two new summaries of the episode, courtesy of Dephender.

The ultimate match in the Kalos Leauge, between Ash and Alain, starts! Alain has yet to reveal all the Pokémon he has on hand. These Pokémon shrouded in mystery will finally be revealed in the finals!

The Kalos League finals have finally arrived. And standing in Ash's way to victory is Alain, an opponent he has never won against even once before! Ash goes up against this unprecedented opposition together with Pikachu, Greninja and his other Pokémon! Ash's first Pokémon is Pikachu! What does Alain send out to counter it!?

Again, while it is emphasizing that Tyranitar is his third pokemon, it doesn't say final. I'm still holding out for a 6 vs 6.

Interesting that it seems to imply this battle will START with Gekkouga vs Mega Lizardon, then move to Metagross vs. Pikachu, then Tyranitar ect ect. That's breaking traditional battle format for the anime, where they save the biggest match up for last. But it would make sense, since Alan's battle strategy up to this point has mostly just been blast through all of his opponents with his most powerful pokemon and avoid using others. Having him send out Lizardon first would be consistent with his character, and I think would make for an interesting battle.

Except the new summaries don't say his "final Pokemon" nor do they imply that it starts with Ash's Greninja and Alain's Charizard.

Reading the summaries from those images, it seems that Ash goes against pokémon we've seen before (so either Metagross of Charizard) and "as their battle continues with neither of them gaining a definite upper hand, Alain sends out the third member of his team." So, there is a stalemate and to break that stalemate, Alain switches out to his never before seen pokémon.

My hypothesis is that Charizard opens up (due to the fact he's opening every match like this) and after a bit of a battle, he returns it and sends out the never before seen one. Maybe Weavile first, rather than Tyranitar since that's who was listed first on one of the summaries.

Charizard may go first, but he later (or initially) thinks better of it so he returns his partner to send out a new 'Mon. That's what I think, but we'll see

I don't think Alain is going to send out Charizard first and I don't think the summaries imply that. They're only mentioning Charizard and Metagross together because it's talking about the fact that they are the only two Pokemon that we know Alain has (for those people who don't know about Weavile and Tyranitar). Those Pokemon being mentioned doesn't really have anything to do with the battle order, at least, that's what it most likely seems to me.

I don't think Alain is going to send out Charizard first and I don't think the summaries imply that. They're only mentioning Charizard and Metagross together because it's talking about the fact that they are the only two Pokemon that we know Alain has (for those people who don't know about Weavile and Tyranitar). Those Pokemon being mentioned doesn't really have anything to do with the battle order, at least, that's what it most likely seems to me.

Perhaps. I still maintain though that Charizard starts not only because of the summaries (which I agree are stretching it) but also because he's begun every match. Makes sense from an audience PoV too to send out the powerhouse (who has dominated the tourney) then have Ash hold his own against it. It sets up Ash and Alain as near enough equals as Charizard won't be able to take out Ash's entire team. It will mean people aren't sat there thinking Alain will sweep, but will think that Ash has a chance since he managed to hold out against Charizard. By returning Charizard, the tension will still be there at the end of the battle when he reappears, but it will also mean that we feel Ash has a chance to win.

Those are my thoughts anyway. I could just be talking out my arse.

Preview
- Alain's Tyranitar and Ash's Pikachu battle each other.
- Ash's Hawlucha battles Alain's Weavile
- Ash's Talonflame fights against Alain's Unfezant.
- Ash's Noivern and Alain's Bisharp each battle a Pokemon or each other.
- Pikachu battles Alain's Metagross and Alain's Charizard.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDF4xInN31I

Man, Alain really loves his dark-types... Manyula, Bangiras and Kirikizan all on his team.

Also, really surprised to see a Kenhallow in there for some reason. Maybe it's because the rest of Alan's team looks so mean, I would have expected Airmd or Donkarasu as his flying-type.

So now we know the full team Alain has. Hopefully a good portion of them will fall right here. Seems like Pikachu is fighting half the time, so I expect him to be withdrawn and take down Tyranitar or Metagross. I'm hoping Unfeazant falls to the superior bird and Hawlucha can redeem himself and take down Weavile. Noticed also that Goodra and Ash-Greninja are being saved for XY 131, which is good.

Last edited:
Man, Alain really loves his dark-types... Manyula, Bangiras and Kirikizan all on his team.

Also, really surprised to see a Kenhallow in there for some reason. Maybe it's because the rest of Alan's team looks so mean, I would have expected Airmd or Donkarasu as his flying-type.

I don't see how Unfezant can't look mean. I think it could end up be a pretty threatening Pokemon and either it or Tyranitar will defeat Noivern.

My guess is Pikachu will somewhat wear down his oponents but won't finish off anyone. Being "the fall guy" like this wouldn't harm his reputation too much I guess.
Rooting for Hawlucha!!

I don't know why Pikachu is doing most of the fighting (from what we can see in the preview), but I like that he's getting redeemed a bit. That said, I don't want them to make all of Ash's other Pokemon flop. I still want Noivern to smash, but it wouldn't be too bad if Talonflame was the fall guy. I just want Noivern and Goodra to do well because they've been pretty unlucky lately. But this episode looks amazing.

So Alain's last 2 are Bisharp and Unfezant
And Pikachu just traded blows with at least half of Alain's pokemon
No Goodra and Greninja in the preview though
I'm guessing Pikachu would again beat at least 2 of Alain's poke and Charizard would beat at least 2 of Ash's
Now that I've seen Alain's Metagross is not a mega and Alain's 3 other poke don't look like big shots, I'm all in with Ash winning this
Still, a Mega and 2 pseudos are no joke
It would be a mindf*ck if this open up like Ash vs Brandon 3 though, with Greninja losing to Mega Zard at the start of the match lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom