• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Team Skull Speculation

Imagine if Team Skull is a red herring and, and Guzma helps redeem himself for his crimes by helping you take down the real villains and stop the box legendary? Guzma and Team Skull are hailed as heroes (after serving time for all the shit they pulled until then), and Guzma feels that, although he couldn't become a captain, he still helped people. And that's what being a captain is all about and yadda yadda sappy shit.

Idk, I figured saving everyone would provide some closure to his character. Show that despite being an outsider, he still cared about the people who he felt betrayed him.
I think we will see something of that sort. Crazy idea here, but I think Lillie is going to be revealed to either be a cousin or his little sister, and the girls hate for battles comes from the Team Skull antics. Going one step further, this is how Zygarde could tie into the plot, lillie slowly gathers cores and cells until the end game, were she finally unleashes the power to stop her brother, only for her not knowing just what kinda horror she unleashed on the world.

I think we will see something of that sort. Crazy idea here, but I think Lillie is going to be revealed to either be a cousin or his little sister, and the girls hate for battles comes from the Team Skull antics. Going one step further, this is how Zygarde could tie into the plot, lillie slowly gathers cores and cells until the end game, were she finally unleashes the power to stop her brother, only for her not knowing just what kinda horror she unleashed on the world.
I am pretty sure that Zygarde would be post game so Lillie would have to come back for that. The story would revolve around the mascots.

Imagine if Team Skull is a red herring and, and Guzma helps redeem himself for his crimes by helping you take down the real villains and stop the box legendary? Guzma and Team Skull are hailed as heroes (after serving time for all the shit they pulled until then), and Guzma feels that, although he couldn't become a captain, he still helped people. And that's what being a captain is all about and yadda yadda sappy shit.

Idk, I figured saving everyone would provide some closure to his character. Show that despite being an outsider, he still cared about the people who he felt betrayed him.

Hell, I would be game for another redeemed villain, period. I know we have Archie, Maxie, N, and Colress, but I just tend to find it more interesting when the villains evolve out of their villainy and we can continue to see them. Not that I would want that every time, of course. We do need some stubborn diehards like Cyrus and Ghetsis and Lysandre to contrast that.

Or, Gunzma DOESN'T redeem himself and ends up driving away the rest of his team and either suffers the same fate as Cyrus/Lysandre, or ends up getting arrested.

Something tells me Guzma will turn out to be the final Trial Captain you face, just like Giovanni was the final Gym Leader in Gen I.

And I don't think Team Skull will turn out to not be the real menace. I think TS are meant to be taken seriously, and are the real Villains.

I think Guzma will become good, and turn AGAINST Team Skull. This would make a lot of sense, seeing how Team Skull are a very anarchic team. It makes them less organized, and therefore more eazy to turn against their Boss. Especially if Plumeria becomes their new Leader. We should remember that Plumeria is who keeps TS organized.

I can see Plumeria and Guzma having a discussion, Guzma joining the good guys, and Plumeria manipulating the Team members to go against Guzma.

Last edited:
Or, Gunzma DOESN'T redeem himself and ends up driving away the rest of his team and either suffers the same fate as Cyrus/Lysandre, or ends up getting arrested.

I don't know so much about Guzma, but Plumeria gives me the impression that the team in general care about each other a lot more than past teams. So I'm not sure how likely that "driving away the rest of his team" part is really.

I think it would be really refreshing to have villains that stick together and show strong bonds with each other. So often villains are shown to ultimately have an "everyone for themselves" mentality.

That is correct. There isn't really any reason to assume that Cyrus is stuck in the Distortion World - you and Cynthia exit with no trouble whatsoever right after Cyrus vows to unlock the Distortion World's secrets and walks off. And you can freely return to the Distortion World later through Turnback Cave. Cyrus should be able to do exactly the same, unless it's your captured Giratina who is opening those portals for you (but that doesn't seem to be the implication, since you don't ever have to catch Giratina, and the Turnback Cave portal is open in the post-game even if you defeated Giratina during the main storyline).

i have no idea why cyrus would be able to create a new universe in there. as far as i know, the distortion world has no secrets - it's just giratina's prison. so, either he gives up after realizing there's nothing to do but can't leave, or he's desperately trying to unlock what isn't there for eternity and is technically trapped - trapped by his own insanity trying to solve nothing.

So, I'm listening to the encounter and battle themes more and more, and I have to say... this may be some of my favorite villain music in the series. The only grunt battle theme that I have liked this much before has been the original Team Plasma battle theme. (Flare's is alright, as is Magma/Aqua's and Neo-Plasma's, although that one is inferior to the original. I don't love Galactic's, which is a little strange considering how much I do love DPP's soundtrack overall. Rocket's doesn't really do it for me.)

as far as i know, the distortion world has no secrets

Scientifically speaking, nobody knows anything about the Distortion World or its properties. It defies the laws of physics. Surely there is at least some useful knowledge to be gained by examining and researching it.

it's just giratina's prison.

It's not a prison. It is an integral, symbiotic counterbalance to the material universe, which Giratina is responsible for guarding and maintaining. It clearly wasn't preventing Giratina from accessing the material universe, since Giratina freely opens a portal at Spear Pillar in order to stop Cyrus.

so, either he gives up after realizing there's nothing to do but can't leave

Why wouldn't he be able to leave, though? Again, you and Cynthia walk out with no trouble whatsoever, and you can even return to the place later through Turnback Cave.

or he's desperately trying to unlock what isn't there for eternity and is technically trapped - trapped by his own insanity trying to solve nothing.

This is a much more accurate description of the situation. Cyrus is certainly desperate and will probably be his own undoing, but there doesn't seem to be any physical impediment to his exit.

@Esserise
That's what I love the most about Team Skull(and the games in general), there is something very gen 5 in it all, from their character design to the music. Now if they also get the characterization on the same levels as gen 5 or surpass it, then this definitely the best team yet. Plumeria is already giving admins a run for their money, I wonder if she is the only one...,

With only one admin and a boss, the team feels very small in scale. I mean, they'd reveal other admins, if there were any...

Man, now I really hope they're hiding the actual bad guys.

With only one admin and a boss, the team feels very small in scale. I mean, they'd reveal other admins, if there were any...

Man, now I really hope they're hiding the actual bad guys.
I think Team Flare was the only exception in this department, I don' recall the sages for BW or even the Admins of Galactic being revealed besides maybe one or two.

A small scale Villain Team, is exactly the type of villains I have wanted ever since Gen II Team Rocket.

Last edited:
I don't know so much about Guzma, but Plumeria gives me the impression that the team in general care about each other a lot more than past teams. So I'm not sure how likely that "driving away the rest of his team" part is really.

I think it would be really refreshing to have villains that stick together and show strong bonds with each other. So often villains are shown to ultimately have an "everyone for themselves" mentality.
That is true, they do seem to be particularly close, but who knows; maybe as we progress through the game; the family dynamic that they have end up crumbling to pieces.

I was wondering why team skull seamed familiar, and I found it. Gamefreak are so uncreative they copied the idea of the antagonists having a skull theme from some smalle but brilliant game called Drill Dozer. What a ripoff!

I was wondering why team skull seamed familiar, and I found it. Gamefreak are so uncreative they copied the idea of the antagonists having a skull theme from some smalle but brilliant game called Drill Dozer. What a ripoff!
I'm pretty sure this is sarcasm, but I'm gonna go ahead and ask anyway, just to be sure: are you being sarcastic?

Well Skull was in PMD as well XD but yeah I detect sarcasm lol

Game Freak actually made that game. Team Galactic was a similar case, since they were a reference to an early Game Freak game Pulseman, where the villains were the Galaxy Gang.
Pulseman_box_art.jpg

Also, they made a Pokemon based on the hero, as well as a move named after his attack.

Source: Bulba's VT article.

Game Freak love referencing themselves. :p

Back
Top Bottom