• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY133: The Shocking Zygarde VS Zygarde! The Collapsing World!!

Yeah, but he's facing against 2 opponents, one with a powered-up Greninja+5 other Pokemon and another with an OP Charizard. I don't I'm exaggerating when I say the 2 situations couldn't be any more different.

Considering Pyroar was able to intimidate Charizard and Metagross, and that Lysandre has a Mega-Evolving Gyarados, I don't think there will be a tangible dufference.

That shiny red Mega Gyarados is ppfffatt!! Looks so cool and menacing!
Alain should have brought out Tyranitar and Metagross atleast.
Alain's behavior reminds me of Sasuke Uchiha from Naruto. He's the anti-hero, villain sort of, who ultimately becomes good because of the protagonist Ash (Naruto). Sorry to mix the two animes together but the resemblance is there.
Overall, a fantastic episode. Can't wait for next week!

I heard there was a pokemon quiz featuring ashs charizard alongside infernape and greninja does anyone know where I can watch it?

Those segments oddly included in most uploads.

• This arc is so good. I hope the anime tries to be this ambitious in the future. Between some of BW's Rocket plots and the Team Flare arc (and the fact that Team Flare is better-written than their game counterparts), the writers can actually do really cool, epic stories.
  • Oh, they kept that stupid robot suit Lysandre had in the games.
  • I really really hope they bring back Kensho Ono for the next saga, even if he voices another character. He's been such a great addition to the cast, and Alain's breakdown was great. And
  • One thing that I dislike is how people/Pokemon are about to be attacked, but then someone comes out of nowhere to save them. It's always super cool, but they've already done it a few times last episode.
  • Bonnie-Zygarde when?

I am really enjoying this Team Flare arc. I really enjoy how we are having something in a dimension we have never had before, I like all the destruction, the fact that a lot of characters are involved and how we can still feel that a lot of things are going to happen.

I find it interesting how we are also having a lot of battles against Team Flare in which the main characters have the advantage in terms of number of Pokémon used, because Team Rocket are the ones that normally do it, and in the original saga Ash and Misty criticized them a lot for doing this. But I am not against it, I think this is a nice way the writers found in order to have a lot of Pokémon and characters involved.

And yes, I can feel it too, I find it really hard to have to wait one more week for the next episode, as these episodes have been so interesting. And I also think that the gym leaders will appear, Olympia told the whole region would be involved, so it makes sense for them to appear.

Regarding Team Rocket, I am loving how they are doing things, BUT I am a bit disappointed they aren't doing more things! I know it is completely understandable and we should be patient, but I want action. I want them to take their disguises off and to show their Team Rocket uniforms (I haven't checked it, but this is for sure the longest time we have seen Team Rocket without their uniforms, right? For the whole League and now for the Team Flare arc). But it is understandable. If they had the uniforms they would not be able to show the world what's happening and it would probably be harder for them to convince Serena and the others to go with them to Team Flare's HQ. Also, I loved how Celosia and Mable think that the helicopter arriving is from TV Lumiose and think they will have an easy time with them, they'll be surprised when they find Serena, Sycamore and, of course, Team Rocket there. And I want really want Team Rocket to defeat at least Mable, they should get their revenge!

Yeah, bring out that Weavile or something at least. I'm sick of that overpowered Mega Charizard X being shoved down our throats.
Sorry but that is his main pokemon like Pikachu is with Ash.

Anyway, I am glad Alain has turned on Lysandre and now he and Ash are teaming up to put a stop to Lysandre and Team Flare which is awesome.

Okay, this episode was fantastic. Words cannot do justice how incredible this was and how intense this whole arc has been. I am a little puzzled as to the whole "Bonnie feeling Squishy's pain" thing and Serena seemingly not being as concerned with Ash as she should be, as well as Pyroar being punked out rather quickly, but other than that....it's been phenomenal so far and it will just keep getting better! 8/10!

There's people out there who have said they would never watch the anime again after Satoshi lost to Alan, and there are people who have said that and stuck to it. All I can say is that those people are really missing out because the Team Flare arc is simply amazing so far with this episode being one of my absolute favourites ever. You know what, screw the league. That was just the build-up to this, the true test of Satoshi's character. The final five minutes were just phenomenal.

As everyone on these boards knows, I've grown to abhor the JP version in less than a year's time. With that in mind, Lysandre will not be responsible for the world's end: I will be for what I have to say about this episode.

It was very good.

See, one of my biggest problems with the JP version (the XY(Z) saga in particular) can be summed up in two words: "too much". As in, putting too much of everything (acting, music, etc) into situations that look even the absolute least bit dire. Well, now a city's being destroyed, a madman is enacting his plan, and one of the saviors Olympia prophecized is now in Team Flare's clutches. Things are looking very bad.

That right there justifies the over-everything that until now had been the JP version's Achilles' Heel. A dire situation like this needs it.

Of course, I'll still end up liking the dub of this episode better. However, supposing this arc keeps up like this, I could very well go back to my original mindset on the JP version: liking it a bit less than the dub, but not hating it.

And all of those problems returned. An unfittingly joyful theme over Alain's breakdown?! What? What?? "XY&Z" returning to ruin everything again??? The announcement of JP Meowth getting his own ending song?!!

...it's over. The JP version has renewed a little bit of faith in it for me and destroyed it for the last time.

Well, sometimes the hype wears off after a week, but the episode was still incredible. Alain finally realized his mistakes and decided to face Lysandre, and Lysandre's origin of evil added nice depth to the situation. Maybe the titular Z vs Z battle didn't delivered in my opinion but there's plenty of time for it to be redeemed. Giving more scenes to the Ash plot was definitely worth it.

There's people out there who have said they would never watch the anime again after Satoshi lost to Alan, and there are people who have said that and stuck to it. All I can say is that those people are really missing out because the Team Flare arc is simply amazing so far with this episode being one of my absolute favourites ever. You know what, screw the league. That was just the build-up to this, the true test of Satoshi's character. The final five minutes were just phenomenal.
I'll be honest. My first reaction to the league was to quit, but after a few hours I decided they clearly had big plans for the Flare Arc, so I'd give them at least until the end of it to make a final decision. So far I like what I'm hearing and seeing; Alain not rescuing Ash was a huge plus.

Hey, is that dramatic song that plays during Alan breakdown from a Pokémon movie? Because it kind of sounds like it was. Even if it's not, I want to thank it for making me feel even more sorry for Alan, as if seeing him punching the ground and crying out in frustration wasn't enough.

Anyway, this arc just keeps on being great. Amazing choice in background music (including two anime adaptation of X & Y game music which I hoped they would play and did) drama, action, emotions everywhere and even more of that will come next week . This might be better than the Team Galaxy arc from Diamond and Pearl.... maybe? Well I will have to wait for the rest of the Flare Gang and Zygarde arc to see.

It was nice to see Lysandre (and Team Flare by extension's) backstory briefly. There is one thing about being told that he grew tired of humanity's greed, and then showing him get tired of it.

Geez, Lumiose City looks awful. THIS ARC IS AWESOME! Seriously, the suspense is amazing and it actually feels like this is a huge, life-threatening problem that's effecting a lot of people.

Damn, Squishy isn't playing any games here. He slammed into Z2 like a pistol. And did Garchomp decimate a Dark Pulse by slashing it. Eh, I suppose weirder things have happened. I love how Clemont decided to pull out all the stops and send out Bunnelby and Chespin to aid in the battle against Aliana and Byrony. And thank goodness there was no swift spam BS. Wow, those girls battled better than I would have imagined. I was sure Clemont and Clembot would blow them away with a few attacks. But they took on 6 Pokemon, two being Mega Evolved, with no problem.

Man, the truth hit Alain hard. He was so devastated, I loved it! Sucks that Serena didn't get in on the action against the Admins, but at least she's doing something relevant. And yay, the rivals are still here...and don't do anything. Wow, I literally forgot all about the Zydarde dukeing it out in the middle of the city. (ironic considering the title of the episode). We really should have seen more of them.

Is it just me, or did Ash's Pokemon not seem all that concerned about him and Greninja being zapped by Lysandre. They weren't struggling to even try to help him and sounded so unenthusiastic crying out to him. Even Pikachu. It was pretty disappointing. Also Alain, wtf, you know Alain's been using you yet still you don't to anything to try to aid him. That transformation was epic though.

Ok, I only slightly flipped the hell out when Lysandre's fancy equipment just showed up and attached itself to him out of no where and he flew up to where Ash and Alain were. Holy crap, is Bonnie connected to Squishy or something? I was surprised to see her seemingly feeling his pain. I loved how Blaziken Mask had Blaziken save her. Also kudos to Lysandre for having a shiny Gyarados. Damn that brawl was getting hype. Now I can't wait to see what happened next week. I really didn't like how Ash didn't command Talonflame to attack at all. Why the hell did Noivern need to attack twice?

Anyway, overall a great 2nd part to the Flare arc. Bring on part 3. 9/10.

Anyway, this arc just keeps on being great. Amazing choice in background music (including two anime adaptation of X & Y game music which I hoped they would play and did) drama, action, emotions everywhere and even more of that will come next week . This might be better than the Team Galaxy arc from Diamond and Pearl.... maybe? Well I will have to wait for the rest of the Flare Gang and Zygarde arc to see.
I actually caught that they used the vs. Team Flare music from the games, when Clemont, Clembot, and Blaziken Mask were fighting the two scientists.

so i was right he wanted to use ash and greninja as mindcontroled minions but i wonder if the efffect is stall but as the time pass Ash end up going wild and uncontrable or the bond sabv him and ash pokemon they could do any move but they cant use any moves due if they try to free he could send his pokemon or could help the energy to turn ash evill quicker i talking about boosting the power of that light and next episode could answer some questions and STEVEN STONE IS COMING AND HE IS USING A SHINY METAGROSS also wow puni-chan is so close Bonnie she could feel that evil weapon turn puni chan evil wow and hey the last 2 episodes of the arc are in 2 weeks or is a break and we have to wait 3?

This Flare Arc is already more awesome than the League. There's so much action all around, it's astounding. It even has better tension and drama than Team Galactic's finale.

Alain was so devastated, it looked like he was about to cry. Now he's finally realized Lysandre's mission for him led to ultimate disaster. I'm glad Lysandre explained his backstory. So does he really think he can take on all of Ash's Pokemon including a powerful Ash-Greninja and Mega Charizard with just 2 Pokemon? By the way, Pyroar didn't last very long. Is it THAT weak?

Clemont and Clembot were awesome the way they battled and defeated Bryony and Aliana, allowing them to infiltrate the gym. I thought Bonnie was putting herself in imminent danger going after Squishy by herself, but I'm glad Blaziken Man is there with her. Hopefully, he'll reveal his secret identity at some point. Just what are Squishy and Z2 going to do now that they've been taken under control? Are they gonna become Zygarde 100% soon?

Celosia and Mable are in for a rude awakening when they discover Serena, Manon, Professor Sycamore, and Team Rocket are at the labs. I'm still wondering what Malva is up to. I'm looking forward to the next episode with Steven Stone in it and hopefully with all the gym leaders appearing again. This episode gets a 10/10 from me.

Regarding Team Rocket, I am loving how they are doing things, BUT I am a bit disappointed they aren't doing more things! I know it is completely understandable and we should be patient, but I want action. I want them to take their disguises off and to show their Team Rocket uniforms (I haven't checked it, but this is for sure the longest time we have seen Team Rocket without their uniforms, right? For the whole League and now for the Team Flare arc). But it is understandable. If they had the uniforms they would not be able to show the world what's happening and it would probably be harder for them to convince Serena and the others to go with them to Team Flare's HQ. Also, I loved how Celosia and Mable think that the helicopter arriving is from TV Lumiose and think they will have an easy time with them, they'll be surprised when they find Serena, Sycamore and, of course, Team Rocket there. And I want really want Team Rocket to defeat at least Mable, they should get their revenge!

Yeah, I want Team Rocket to be more involved in this since, again, they are supposed to play a major role in this. Hopefully, they will reveal themselves as TR next episode and beat Celosia and Mable and show them what they're made of. Revenge!!! I also wouldn't mind it if they stopped a few Flare grunts as well. :D

I actually caught that they used the vs. Team Flare music from the games, when Clemont, Clembot, and Blaziken Mask were fighting the two scientists.
I really hope they don't take it away for the dub. Especially when they played Xerneas/Yveltal's theme for Lysandre.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom