• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
I was just thinking of all the Quilladin jokes. Perhaps similar will be there when the starter 2nd forms are revealed? I think 14th would be a good time to do it.

The starters' second stages will be totally surprising. We may have their finals evolutions and of course their first stages. So we're completely blank on the second stages.

As long as Rowlet remains Grass/Flying then I would be fine with whatever evolutions the starters would have.

All this speculation on Rockruff and the starter evos should finally be out to rest either tomorrow or Monday.

Also, Komala hasn't gotten any love either. I'm starting to think it's a single stage Pokemon.

Everyone expecting a good type combination and only get a pure ruck type, now that's a good troll

I don't understand what petty beef everybody has with single type pokemon!

Also, Komala hasn't gotten any love either. I'm starting to think it's a single stage Pokemon.

I doubt it. That, and I would be mad because I've seen two interesting directions Komala could go evolving in fan art.

I doubt it. That, and I would be mad because I've seen two interesting directions Komala could go evolving in fan art.
But will it? They're keeping a lot secret and I don't like it. Hahaha

But will it? They're keeping a lot secret and I don't like it. Hahaha
I get the vibe that Komala will definitely evolve based on the log pillow that its parents give it. If "parents" give a pokemon anything, it seems likely that it will be evolving at some point.

I like single type Pokemon. There are some really great ones out there. I think the general problem people seem to have with single types isn't really a problem with single types as much as it is a desire for new type combinations or at least better representations of ones that are rare (like rock/fighting, fire/water, bug/ghost, bug/ground etc.)

I kinda hope Rockruff becomes Rock/Ghost or Rock/Fighting. Rock/Ghost would fit into what most of leaks are saying about it becoming a werewolf and evolving based on moon phases.

I like single type Pokemon. There are some really great ones out there. I think the general problem people seem to have with single types isn't really a problem with single types as much as it is a desire for new type combinations or at least better representations of ones that are rare (like rock/fighting, fire/water, bug/ghost, bug/ground etc.)

I kinda hope Rockruff becomes Rock/Ghost or Rock/Fighting. Rock/Ghost would fit into what most of leaks are saying about it becoming a werewolf and evolving based on moon phases.
That's my main hopes for Rockruff. Something interesting. Rockruff was revealed months ago. To give it something uninteresting nao would be a disservice.

Also, yay! 1st post on page 200!!

Rockruff with either rock/ghost rock/fighting with Solid Rock or something really good would work well.

Starters, now I dont know the mermaid themed Popplio final stage from chinese leaks if with right hp and both defences and Perish Song and Dragon Tail makes my heart warmer ( after thinking that mega Sammurot could turn out water/steel physicaly oriented)

Even if Litten turn out fire/fighting I hope it gets in future a mega type change like Charizard did.
(really with water and volcanose I hoped for a fast fire/ground pokemon maybe with something against water attacks)

But its suspicious that water/fairy , fire/fighting and grass/flying , this would be weird thinking of the type relations between starters of past generations. (water/fairy syren would own the tiger or what???Bullet Punch, Thunder Punch or poison type moves would not solve that or would they???)

A Rock/Ghost would be just the best combination ever for Rockruff! I don't care if it's the only evolution, as long as it has this type combination. :)

An anonymous poster on 2ch claims to have seen the October issue of CoroCoro, a Japanese comic magazine, and says that the latest issue shows Alolan Ekans and Arbok. They’ve given a few details about it and here are the translations:

• Alolan Ekans & Arbok are Fighting-type
  • Their abilities are Fighter Skin, which makes Normal-type moves Fighting and increases their power by 30% (ala Pixilate, etc), and Shed Skin
  • Alolan Arbok is light brown and bigger in size than its normal counterpart, but lacks any pattern on its body
  • It is a Pokémon Sun exclusive and the CoroCoro issue also reveals that Alolan Sandslash is a Moon exclusive
I also adding in other rumors from 2ch, The Alolan Electabuzz & Magmar rumor was preceded by a typo so I think I consider this much shakier than the above Arbok rumor. It would also leave questions regarding their evolutions as well.

• Alolan Electabuzz revealed, new form looks similar to the pudgy Shinto god Ebisu
  • Brought electricity to Alola and is seen as a guardian-type figure
  • Electric/Fairy-type
  • Has the abilities Friend Guard/Healer
  • Alolan Magmar
  • It walks on all fours and is covered in vines; covered itself in vegetation as a way to survive in the jungles of Alola
  • Fire/Grass-type
  • New ability that reduces the effectiveness of its opponents attack when it switches to a teammate in battle (teammate will take less damage when it switches in)
All of this info did I get from PJ and also take this info with a grain of salt, is for a moment a rumor!

Strange how that claim doesn't mention Rockruff's scoop at all, the precise thing that they promised last month... Any update on that?

We need a new Pure Steel type with great defences or just a good overall stat distribution. We have so little pure Steel's.
But this is kind of totally off topic.

Strange how that claim doesn't mention Rockruff's scoop at all, the precise thing that they promised last month... Any update on that?

Yeah that´s why is a maybe at the moment, for like I said it just a rumor and the guy maybe just saw the page with Ekans and Arbok and not the Rockruff page!

But I am sure we will get some pic leak later tonight or on Monday!

But it looks like the rumor about Electabuzz and Magmar rumor have been proven false, for it seems that the leaker was trying to solve the Chinese leak and made a miss

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom