• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Revealed Gen VII Pokémon discussion!

Favourite Alola Pokemon so far?

• Total voters
I agree, Oranguru has quickly become one of my favorite designs ever.

I'm surprised no one here has pointed this out in Oranguru's written description:

"Oranguru sometimes act on their own initiative and will use items that only humans normally use. From a Trainer’s perspective, they can be hard Pokemon to handle at times. Allegedly, there have been sightings of Oranguru using Poke Balls!"

I could just see it now: A wild Oranguru sending out some sort of powerful legendary from a Pokeball in the Anime to fight Ash. Wouldn't that be hilarious?

how will Orangurus move work in a regular 1vs1 battles? will it force the oponent to use the same move twice?

It could simply be that it doesn't work on opponents, only in Double and Triple battles.

That would be weak and lame. This should work also on oponents. Never liked moves and abilities that only work in double,triple battles...

That would be weak and lame. This should work also on oponents. Never liked moves and abilities that only work in double,triple battles...

Please remember that the VGC meta is a doubles focused meta; it seems to me that this is what these two Pokemon are focused on. While I would like for there to be a more doubles focused main game like Colosseum this is just a quirk of the meta people who don't care for playing VGC are going to have to deal with for now.

somebody thinks like me that the Lycanroc line could have 3 stages of evolution like starters do?
that the third will be with secondary typing?

somebody thinks like me that the Lycanroc line could have 3 stages of evolution like starters do?
that the third will be with secondary typing?
It sounds like wishful thinking to me. The somebody could just be upset about Lycanroc's pure Rock typing. I've seen someone advocate split starter evolutions simply because they don't like the leaked bipedal final evo of Litten.

Course, I could be totally wrong. I just don't find it likely.

Well I'm set on getting Sun now. I like Lycanroc's Midday Form better than the Midnight one and I also like Passimian better than Oranguru.

One thing I just happened to notice is that when I looked at the screenshot for Pokémon Bank, Rowlet was listed as Pokémon 722, which means that there is no Victini situation.

Well I'm set on getting Sun now. I like Lycanroc's Midday Form better than the Midnight one and I also like Passimian better than Oranguru.

I'm thinking of doing the same but agh, I don't want to. I don't want to go Sun because I still like Lunala so much more, but Lycanroc's Midday form is too good. Don't want to miss the opportunity to raise my dream wolf Pokemon.

The struggles, lord.

I can honestly say I haven't been disappointed by anything I love each new Pokemon. I am surprised to see so many people hating on single type lycanroc

I'm thinking of doing the same but agh, I don't want to. I don't want to go Sun because I still like Lunala so much more, but Lycanroc's Midday form is too good. Don't want to miss the opportunity to raise my dream wolf Pokemon.

The struggles, lord.

You know there are probably going to people trading Rockruffs and then using a rare candy on them and trading them back. So it's probably not going to be that difficult to get the Lycanroc you want.

Although one thing that bothers me is that the official website says that it's the influence of Solgaleo/Lunala that causes them to evolve that way....so what happens if you have a Lunala on your team in Sun when you evolve Rockruff? Wouldn't you think Lunala being right next to the Rockruff would "influence" it to evolve into it's Midnight form?

Wouldn't you think Lunala being right next to the Rockruff would "influence" it to evolve into it's Midnight form?

Maybe in the world of Pokémon Sun, Solgaleo's influence is stronger than Lunala's and overrides that.

Also Gameplay/Story Segregation yadda yadda.

Might I just say, though, that I love how the two box mascots' power has an indirect effect on the development of other Pokémon in the region.

Maybe in the world of Pokémon Sun, Solgaleo's influence is stronger than Lunala's and overrides that.

What about when you catch Solgaleo and put it in the PC? How can it exert it's influence outside of the PC?

The whole "it evolves this way because of the mascot legendaries influence" just seems like a poor way to explain why they're adding exclusive evolutions.

What about when you catch Solgaleo and put it in the PC? How can it exert it's influence outside of the PC?

You do realize that the Solgaleo/Lunala in question don't actually have to be on your team when you evolve Rockruff, yes? It's purely a story detail. Solgaleo's presence in the Sun universe causes solar energy to be amplified. Lunala's presence in the Moon universe causes lunar energy to be amplified. Presumably, these are inherent effects of their mere existence in those worlds - it doesn't stop just because they're stored in the PC, lest you would f*ck up nature considerably by keeping them there.

The struggles, lord.

Get both versions. I'm sure that's what GF wants. :p

The whole "it evolves this way because of the mascot legendaries influence" just seems like a poor way to explain why they're adding exclusive evolutions.

It doesn't matter how they explain it anyways because we all know the real reason is $$$$$$. At least it's better than saying it ate different amounts of pancakes or something like that. (I'll never get over the explanation for Alolan Raichu. :LOL:)

You do realize that the Solgaleo/Lunala in question don't actually have to be on your team when you evolve Rockruff, yes? It's purely a story detail. Solgaleo's presence in the Sun universe causes solar energy to be amplified. Lunala's presence in the Moon universe causes lunar energy to be amplified. Presumably, these are inherent effects of their mere existence in those worlds - it doesn't stop just because they're stored in the PC, lest you would f*ck up nature considerably by keeping them there.

Yes, what made you think I didn't know that? I was just wondering why having a Lunala right next to a Rockruff has less influence than a Solgaleo off somewhere else.

I realize that ultimately it just works that way because it works that way and we're not really supposed to question it.

Yes, what made you think I didn't know that?

Since you had asked in your first post why a Lunala next to a Rockruff in Sun wouldn't result in Midnight Form, but then asked in a different post why a Solgaleo in the PC would, it seemed to me as though you were confused about the particulars of Solgaleo/Lunala's status on your team in relation to Rockruff.

Back
Top Bottom